1/6 which is every ones best version of master yoda 1/6 HT SSC HASBRO MEDICOM

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

generalgrevious

Super Freak
Reaction score
all right now that we saw a preview of hot toys version not it`s time to tell which company came closest to the best looking yoda 1/6. there has already been a # of complaints in the complaint department about the new HT version. and lot of members were riding high on him until we all saw the full preview today.

Hot toys Yoda looks pretty good but Medicom Yoda was pretty decent at basically 1/4th the price. The hasbro and sideshow versions look like Yoda's second cousins.

I agree with the medicom as well. some people have issues with the medicom because of the no articulation in the body or the way it looked all stock. but if you add some paint, and some hair and a body swap it would turn out awesome

They all need repaints but best so far is:

1. Hasbro (original) - Hot Toys (TIE)
2. Medicom
3. Sideshow Prequel (alternate head)
4. Sideshow Dagobah
5. Hasbro (from Luke/Yoda 2-pack)
6. Sideshow Prequel (angry head) - though PT Yoda source material looks weird anyway

well my favorite would be
1 medicom
2 Hasbro original
3 sideshow jedi master
4 kotobukyia yoda which looks like HT is duplicating with the tree, lamp, and alternate switch out head sculpt with closed eyes.
5 Hasbro (from Luke/Yoda 2-pack) I suppose but the pt yoda im not sure of

I can see where the Medicom fans are coming from....but I still have to give this one to HT.....

bb.jpg

Yoda's Brow lumps should lessen as they go up, Hasbro didn't do that, theres zero reason for him to look like hes got a full on ass crack on top of his head, the fact that the Hasbro sculpt is even being discussed is ridiculous.I know mine wasn't the only one like that I've seen it in other people pics as well.

I'd say HT and Medi will both be pretty close in sculpts that people like, SSC... just doesn't do much for me.

Yoda's Brow lumps should lessen as they go up, Hasbro didn't do that, theres zero reason for him to look like hes got a full on ass crack on top of his head, the fact that the Hasbro sculpt is even being discussed is ridiculous.I know mine wasn't the only one like that I've seen it in other people pics as well.

I'd say HT and Medi will both be pretty close in sculpts that people like, SSC... just doesn't do much for me.

Why wouldn't we discuss this 1998 Hasbro sculpt (shown repainted, like Medi usually is)? Yeah, the way the eyes are repainted it's "you will be, you will be" sinister Yoda, not playful "found someone you have" Yoda, and yeah, not the most detailed sculpt...

But it kinda, you know... actually looks like Yoda from ESB.:dunno Which to me... none of the others do very well.

td-yodahead_zps1l2jldej.jpg

yep I like the medi because it was the closest thing to yoda we ever had in this scale. I give credit the Hasbro version was the best at one time up until the medicom came out and then it`s been a toss up ever since. the ht version looks nice and I preordered it but time will tell from the prototype to production on how close to the yoda puppet we get with this version. I guess we could go get the 6inch vintage yoda puppet that came out 30+ years ago to have him as a stand in if nothing else looks great

I can see where the Medicom fans are coming from....but I still have to give this one to HT.....

View attachment 265663

Great comparison pics here. I've owned the Medi and currently have SS's. They both have their good points and neither are spot on. The best way to put it is there was less wrong with SS's than Medi's and even less wrong with HT's.

#1 - Hot Toys Yoda

#2 - Sideshow Yoda

#3 - Medi Yoda

Granted, you could customize Medi and SS to improve them but it appears that HT can go from box to shelf and be nearly perfect.

well every one has there favorites in the1/6 yoda dept. and it will be a battle like politics which you could argue till your blue in the face. but this is fun it gets to see how many people would tell there tale of yoda`s

Yeah, it's definitely all perspective and opinion. It's fun to see how others perceive sculpts, what they find as faults and what are strong points.

They both have their good points and neither are spot on. The best way to put it is there was less wrong with SS's than Medi's and even less wrong with HT's.

#1 - Hot Toys Yoda

#2 - Sideshow Yoda

#3 - Medi Yoda

Granted, you could customize Medi and SS to improve them but it appears that HT can go from box to shelf and be nearly perfect.

Yeah, it's definitely all perspective and opinion, everyone is right and everyone is wrong.

Back