Question regarding MR Dual Signature Vader Lightsaber

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desert_cat

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I have a quick question for veterans of the board. Thanks in advance for your help.

I am looking to contest for the listing here on ebay for a lightsaber, and I have very little true experience as this would be my first MR item.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-MASTE...484515?hash=item1a13bfc4a3:g:T~sAAOSwZetXO0fd

What concerns me is the photos of the plaques, specifically how the Dave Prowse plaque seems vastly different in texture and color between the two photos. Is this natural for plaques released early on, and do they seem genuine?

I apologize if I am breaking any rules posting that listing. Let me know and I will delete the thread if so.

I think its purely due to the different angle of the photos. The area with the signature has a different texture than the rest of the plaque that is shinny in order for the ink to stay. If you do get it be VERY VERY careful if you try to clean and polish those plaques.

I think its purely due to the different angle of the photos. The area with the signature has a different texture than the rest of the plaque that is shinny in order for the ink to stay. If you do get it be VERY VERY careful if you try to clean and polish those plaques.

Thanks for input, it will be great to know for the future. I'm going to pass on this, compared to last year and prior the prices are beyond inflated.

Thanks for input, it will be great to know for the future. I'm going to pass on this, compared to last year and prior the prices are beyond inflated.
I remember when they were going for more than that used.

any idea on how to polish a plaque?? my count dooku signature edition looks tarnished

cheers

I have a similar dual sig saber, and both plaques are tarnished. Depending on light, it will show differently. I've never tried to polish it, and would like to think that I have some of the actor's DNA on them :)

Back