Kubo and the Two Strings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushmore223

Super Freak
Reaction score

As a fan of stop motion animation, this is a must see. This movie looks amazing!

My iPad sucks, anybody that would like to properly post this video, please do.

Just saw this...hands down my favorite animated feature in a looong time...beautiful film...loved it...deserves to make a bundle!

Saw the movie. Loved it. Found out that Laika had an event at Universal Studios that flew under my radar where they sold this gem.

Fast forward a couple weeks and the only place I can find him is on eBay (which is not an option for reasons) for the usual nutty prices. Would love to have this guy!

Q64PVBw.jpg

Just saw this and it was absolutely fantastic.

It saddens me that on my local 20 screen multiplex this was getting one screen with two times only. There seems to be almost no buzz or PR about this film at all. It is getting rave reviews from critics and moviegoers alike and yet it seems completely under the radar. I can't turn around without having "STORKS" jammed down my craw but a true work of art like this is probably going to be gone quickly.

I know it'll never happen but a 1/6 series of characters from this film would be incredible. The monkey, the sisters........geez it'd be insane.

main.jpg

I know, after seeing this film all that I could think is "I want one." Laika is presenting at the Hollywood Zbrush summit later on this month. Very much looking forward to what they have to show there.

I thought the main character was a girl :lol

Though I haven't seen the film so I just assumed from the trailers. I did actually want to see this since my AMC does 1/2 price tickets on Tuesdays but I never got around to it and it's out of theaters.

Did the movie flop? Shame if it did cause it looked original and had good reviews.

Kubo hasn't done as well at the box office compared to the other LAIKA films (according to boxofficemojo.com) but that shouldn't keep anyone from checking it out.

Kubo has made about $49 million world wide, well behind Laika's past releases. The last Laika film, Boxtrolls made about $109 million worldwide.

Unfortunately, stop motion appears to be a dying art form.

Back