Light Years aka Gandahar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushmore223

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know this thread will probably disappear quickly, but has anybody on here ever seen this animated film? I loved it when I was a teen, but haven't seen it since and would love to buy it, if only they'd release a disc with the proper region and in English (or at least with subtitles) like I saw it years ago on VHS.

I know there are sites you can download this from illegally, but I'm a firm believer in paying for my movies. But then, is it really a ethical dilemma if there doesn't seem to be any hope of this film being released on disc?

Anyway, I'm not sure how well it has aged, but if anybody has the chance, the story is very engrossing and is well worth your time.

I had the same dilemma when Disney only had released the first season and a half of Gargoyles on DVD. I had to resort to getting a bootleg of the whole series. They finally released the second half of season two a while ago. I haven't bought the official copies yet but intend on doing so when I want to rewatch the show.

I also have Harmy's despecialized Star Wars movies. I paid for the official DVD boxsets (the 2004 and 2006 sets) so don't feel bad about it in the slightest. If Disney despecializes them and puts them on Bluray, I would upgrade to the official release.

I don't like pirating either but when the studio gives you no choice to get an official copy, it does become awfully tempting. I say download it and if they release a real version you should purchase that.

I guess I don't have much choice if I really want to see it again.

Back in the Napster days, I only used to dl music that you couldn't get anywhere else, super rare tracks and live performances, I guess this now falls into that sort of category.

I'm kind of surprised nobody on this site has seen it though, I'd think it would be up several peoples alley.

Back