Battle of the Horror movie franchises

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denger4000

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was inspired by the great Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars battles, so I figured I'd set up a 16 bracket horror movie fanchise tournment. I tried to come up with the 16 most popular, I limited to series with 2 or more sequels (at least 3 films total) And I tried to avoid ones that were completely comedy, like Evil Dead andf Toxic Avenger. Well any here is what I came up with, everyone agree?

1.Friday the 13th
2.Nightmare on Elm Street
3.Halloween
4.Night of the Living Dead
5.Child’s play
6.Texas Chainsaw Massacre
7.Hellraiser
8.Leprechaun
9.Children of the Corn
10.Puppet Master
11.Phantasm
12. Basket Case
13.Reanimator
14. Saw
15.Candyman
16.Pumpkinhead

I took off Wishmaster for Pumpkinhead.

Last edited:
I was thinking about that, but there is only really one good movie out of the Franchise and I think most people have only seen that one, it's not abad choice but what would it replace?

denger4000 said:
I was thinking about that, but there is only really one good movie out of the Franchise and I think most people have only seen that one, it's not abad choice but what would it replace?

So you're saying that there was even one good Leprechaun movie? :lol

Romero's Dead series is not on the list? :eek
Methinks Basket Case gets the boot to make room for zombies.

allthough I'm not a great fan, you could ad Scream as well ...
and what about Psycho ? Norman Bates is a horror icon and more important then leprechaun or pumpkinhead !

Critters yo! Angela Bassett, Leo DiCaprio, Billy Zane, all the big names were in the Critters series.

I avoided really classic horror which explains why Norman bates and Frankenstein are not there, I thought about critters but I think every thing on there is better.

denger4000 said:
I avoided really classic horror which explains why Norman bates and Frankenstein are not there, I thought about critters but I think every thing on there is better.

Did you ?
why did you add Freddy and Jason then?
Certainly Freddy, he's a true classic ! and Pinhead ...

come on...

Perhaps the battle should be between horror icons, not the movies, like how the LotR vs. SW polls went.

Example: While the Chucky movies were better, Pumpkinhead would, most likely, wail on the poor doll until he was a plastic shell of his former self.

Back