Lack of 1/6 figures for Japanese cartoons

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone felt there's a lack of 1/6 Figures from Japanese Cartoons?

In terms of popularity I doubt Japanese Cartoons lose out to Western ones which has alot more characters being made into 1/6.

And when there's a character being made, it's usually don't last more than 3 characters.

While there are a few from non-Robot shows, I can't think of much of characters from popular shows like Gundam 0079. There has been 2 Char, few Female characters from Seed by Megahouse, 2 Kouji Kabuto from Azone, i think that sums it up, and also 3 from Robotech by Toynami (& a few vintage ones).

Would be nice to see more of them because they do have nice designs.

And so far there's close to Zero customizers doing Japanese Cartoons & Video Game Characters where there's many good customizers on Western Cartoon & Games. Where's the love?

I really want 1/6 scale Cyber City Oedo 808 figures. Sen goku, gogul and Benten at least. I know I'm the minority but they would look amazing!
Imagine having 1/6 scale retractable sai and collars on their necks. Benten could have some wire to wrap around things and gogul could... Well stand there and look hard as sh¥t!
3c77199e7b3a0e92dadf7d817f8f908f.jpg

im down for some Rurouni Kenshin/samurai x figures....even if its from medicom, i'd bite. (gooood lawd) lolz
him primarily.lolz
12.jpg

There are a ton made by Medicom.

And they're good at it. I wish they had done the Champloo figures instead of Triad.

I've actually never seen one from them that I wanted. They made a Maetel way back when. Their insanely priced Harlock gave me hope that they'd update her with Tetsuro and Emeraldas. Still waiting.

They should do an Inuyasha line. Seems kinda crazy that they never bothered. Same with Sailor Moon. Bandai could have made a mint sub-licensing either of them to Medicom.

And they're good at it. I wish they had done the Champloo figures instead of Triad.

I've actually never seen one from them that I wanted. They made a Maetel way back when. Their insanely priced Harlock gave me hope that they'd update her with Tetsuro and Emeraldas. Still waiting.

They should do an Inuyasha line. Seems kinda crazy that they never bothered. Same with Sailor Moon. Bandai could have made a mint sub-licensing either of them to Medicom.

For Medicom they have some Anchor lineups: Kamen Rider, Ultraman, which are still quite active, Lupin 3rd is the biggest lineup for cartoon, slowed down alot to a point they only released 1 live action Lupin recently, modern ones that are still considered active: Evangelion, Attack Of Titan, Paula Magica Madoka (who actually follow this show?), Jojo is going really slow, and what supposed to be the biggest japanese cartoon in the West, Dragon Ball also flopped and the line got cut after 4 releases (a scouter Vegeta might have saved the line). Cyborg 009 only released 5 figures of 4 Cyborgs.

The rest are just 2-3 figures line up like Fist Of North Star (another big hit flop), A****a Joe, Black Jack, Mazinger/Great Mazinger/Getter 1, Getter 1 Test/Grendizer, X-Men Animated, Spiderman/Venom/Punisher, Fate Zero, Kill La Kill, Berserk, Alchemist, Death Note, Gantz, Cobra and a few more.

Theres a full list on Medicom page: https://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/prod/1/

If you consider the fact all these were produced in span of 20 years, it's really not that many, and the fact only Medicom is doing them means they can only do so many. The rest of the 1/6 companies aren't into Japanese Cartoon stuffs & focus more on western movies & games.

While Medicom's quality may be questionable, i still respect their persistent in continuing producing cartoon characters that mass market outside Japan aren't interested in, it's almost on par with the obsession Hot Toys has over Marverl & Avengers.

Also, while it's good to have your favorite characters from your favorite shows turn into 1/6, I'd be more happy if they can pick up decent shows with good character designs, since my favorite show doesn't always translate to best designs. I just watched Crusher Joe, while not my top shows, it's good and Joe & Alfin have good character designs, you know compared to characters like Son Goku from one of my favorite shows. Goku's outfit is just too simple & boring he looks better without his shirts.

I'd love a high quality Spike Spiegel. I think there's an older figure but new releases would be nice. Add Samurai Champloo and Trigun to that as well.

Medicom I think only does what's popular and well known in both Japan and in America . They pretty much did all the well known anime except one piece but one piece has billions of figures.

i was just thinking this yesterday.............. wow

anyhow, the medicom 1/6 anime characters are the closest we will get. but they arent 100% accurate. i think medicom's goku looks like he belongs on a MADtv sketch. medicom always do something to make me not want their toys to skinny or cloths are to baggy, medicom could learn from inflames

i want inflames ****shi but its like $350

i was just thinking this yesterday.............. wow

anyhow, the medicom 1/6 anime characters are the closest we will get. but they arent 100% accurate. i think medicom's goku looks like he belongs on a MADtv sketch. medicom always do something to make me not want their toys to skinny or cloths are to baggy, medicom could learn from inflames

i want inflames ****shi but its like $350

you snooze you lose. :lecture
should have PO him.

Medicom I think only does what's popular and well known in both Japan and in America . They pretty much did all the well known anime except one piece but one piece has billions of figures.

did you check their latest releases for the past 2 years? it's about a group of magical girls, i don't even know what the title is, but some of them have really big heads.

those "well known" not even 5% of the well known cartoons in Japan.

I'd love a high quality Spike Spiegel. I think there's an older figure but new releases would be nice. Add Samurai Champloo and Trigun to that as well.

there's 2 Spike Spiegel, 1 TV 1 Movie. The TV version is abit Goofy, the Movie version has too wide upper body & baggie suit.

but to be honest, while it's a great show, Spike's design is just too plain, if he had a better suit & color choice... abit like Son Goku in terms of plainness. I know the purpose of making them look simple is so people can recognize them, but you don't always need to be simple to look good & memorable.

did you check their latest releases for the past 2 years? it's about a group of magical girls, i don't even know what the title is, but some of them have really big heads.

those "well known" not even 5% of the well known cartoons in Japan.

Yea your actually right this time. These new medicom figures coming out now are for those People who like little girls as magical people or somthing.

Yea your actually right this time. These new medicom figures coming out now are for those People who like little girls as magical people or somthing.

dude i've been alwasy right just you never bothered reading.

Hot toys does great anime figures when ever they get around to doing them...few and far between but really nice

Back