Justice League the Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOE

3 Legged Kurgan
Reaction score
i know its not Marvel but what the hey: :)

https://www.variety.com/article/VR1117960018.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Justice prevails for Warner Bros.
Studio eyeing DC superhero team feature
By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK

DC Comics super-team Justice League is heading for the bigscreen.

Michele and Kieran Mulroney

Batman may meet up with Superman on the bigscreen after all -- along with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash and all the rest of DC Comics' biggest names.
Warner Bros., with its major appetite for fresh franchises, is looking to make a feature based on super team the Justice League of America, hiring writing duo Kiernan and Michele Mulroney to pen the script.

It's the first major action the studio has taken on the project.

Feature film is bound to include some combination of DC's most iconic superheroes, although the studio wouldn't confirm which ones they might be. It's unlikely that the studio and DC Comics, a division of Warner, would opt to feature second-tier characters.

Since its inception in 1960, JLA has featured almost every major hero in the DC Comics universe, although the core team has largely remained the same: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter.

The heroes typically band together to fight alien menaces or groups of supervillains.

"The Justice League of America has been a perennial favorite for generations of fans, and we believe their appeal to film audiences will be as strong and diverse as the characters themselves," Warner prexy of production Jeff Robinov said in announcing the hiring of the Mulroneys.

In taking on the ambitious project, Warner faces several conundrums.

Warner Senior VP Dan Lin will oversee for the studio.

Now that the Batman and Superman film franchises have been revived, does the studio go after Christian Bale ("Batman Begins") and Brandon Routh ("Superman Returns") to star in a Justice League pic? Studio is also trying hard to bring Wonder Woman to the bigscreen.

To a large degree, casting will depend upon the story arc for the JLA feature and at what point in the superheroes' lives the plot takes place.

Warner also must deal with myriad producers working on the Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman franchises.

Studio dropped its efforts to make "Batman vs. Superman" in order to focus on relaunching "Batman" and "Superman" as individual properties, which it has done.

Filmmakers Chris Nolan ("Batman Begins") and Bryan Singer ("Superman Returns") are each on board to helm the next installments in the two respective franchises. Nolan's "The Dark Knight" is eyeing a 2008 release and the next "Superman," 2009.

The potential payoff of bringing JLA to theaters can't be ignored by Warner, which turns out more tentpoles than any other studio.

Comicbook fans have long clamored for a movie version of JLA, and word of the Warner project is certain to be a hot topic at New York Comic Con, which unspools today in Gotham.

JLA has spawned several cartoon TV series, including 1960s and '70s show "Super Friends" and current Cartoon Network skein "Justice League Unlimited" from Warner Bros. Animation.

The Mulroneys -- Kieran is the brother of thesp Dermot Mulroney -- caught the attention of studios around town with their rewrite of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" for Fox.

Other screenplay projects include "On the Nature of Human Romantic Interaction," "Paper Man" and "Worst Case."

Kieran and Michele Mulroney are repped by Creative Artists Agency and Management 360.

I wonder if they will go after Bale and Routh? If so, just those 2 would comand a hell of a price. I can only imagine what the final cost on the cast alone would be if they go for big names on all the parts.

I guess they could do an X-Men thing, cast big names in the larger parts, Bats and Supes, then a bunch a "no-names" for the rest of the crew.

SolidLiquidFox said:
This is going to bomb.

I would be in for a well made Kingdom Come movie. I think the real aspect of it would translate well to the big screen.

I agree with both your points. There are just some stories that can't be translated into a live-action movie. I think that JL is one of them. Kingdom Come would blow my mind if they made it.

i'm more saddened by the canceling of Batman vs Superman movie :monkey2 :monkey2

congerking said:
I agree with both your points. There are just some stories that can't be translated into a live-action movie. I think that JL is one of them. Kingdom Come would blow my mind if they made it.

Can you imagine that final battle when Captain Marvel shows up and all hell breaks lose? :drool :drool :drool :drool

C'mon, do we really need more DC bashing?

Most people know the names of all the main JLA members. And the cartoon series was really well done. I think it would be cool if DC could do to the JLA what Singer did with the X-Men. They just need the right director and writer.

I loved the relaunching of JLA on Smallville and was of the thinking it might prove to be a spin-off. I'd be all over that.

I'm very skeptical that this will get off the ground at all. Who is going to direct a monstrosity of this kind?

Still, if the WB goes against the unlikely odds and lands a top director along with Routh and Bale, it'll be something.

This sounds like a bad idea, although Smallville pulled it off fairly successfully. The main problem with X-Men was there were too many characters to service and they only succeeded by focusing on one or two.

But this sounds like a nightmare and could jeopardize other franchises. Why build one franchise when you could have 7?
They are developing everyone but Jon Jonzz for their own features. And WB pummelled Singer to get the Superman Returns budget down, imagine the budget for this thing?

Natrix said:
Since when is the JL a Marvel property?? :rolleyes:

:lol its not. That's why I wrote in the beggining of the primary post:

"i know its not Marvel but what the hey :)"

:D

I just don't think it'll happen any time soon. How many years has Wonder Woman been in development hell?

TOE said:
:lol its not. That's why I wrote in the beggining of the primary post:

"i know its not Marvel but what the hey :)"

:D

I know, I was just mocking you for not putting it in the Other Discussions forum where it fits.

I'd LOVE a Kingdome Come movie.

Cap Marvel(Shazam) rocks!

But I love Marvel comics more. :D

wait wait wait, so you mean to tell me all this time that you actually liked scarlet spiderman?!?!?

wait wait!! who the **** is scarlet spiderman? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

haha just kidding bro.

I want a Kingdom Come movie!!

Back