Powerloader Price Revealed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bardoon

Super Freak
Reaction score
On Sideshow Radio:

An interview with Brant revealed him talking about the Powerloader and mentioning the price was $250!!!!

If this is 100% true,then you may want to nab it from BBTS!

WARNING:

BBTS will not honor that price IMO, they offered it before the manufacturer established the wholesale price and were the only ones to do so. They will probably reset the retail price and allow customers to reserve their orders...

This is WAY too much for this piece IMO, it doesn't cost THAT much to make, maybe $90-100 per piece. The price was to be set at Toyfair and Sideshow was expecting to offer it for P.O the final day then HT seemingly pulled it to re-evaluate what they could get for it rather than what their initial price was set at... the BBTS retail price was probably based off that intial wholesale price...

This is pretty pathetic marketing IMO, setting a price, pulling it off the market and resetting the price at nearly double.... sorry, but I smell something ugly going on here.

Last edited:
is it metal? or plastic? if its metal, it may be worthit but if plastic, :monkey4

Ouch. I surely hope that this and the Darkness PF dont ship to close together. You know which one is gonna get canceled.

I wonder how large a production run this is gonna have? Wonder if it will sellout everywhere fast, and then skyrocket on the secondary?

$250 now! Sheesh -- that's a jump.

Very strange why this piece was held back from PO -- its not like they had to deliver next month; its fourth quarter. Plus, more strange, how do you premiere a piece at TF and NOT know the price tag? Isn't that the whole point of the Toyfair?

Did the chatter and excitement on the boards across the internet change something? Maybe. Something doesn't sit right with this. Am I still in? Depends on how the price settles out.

Wor-Gar said:
$250 now! Sheesh -- that's a jump.

Very strange why this piece was held back from PO -- its not like they had to deliver next month; its fourth quarter. Plus, more strange, how do you premiere a piece at TF and NOT know the price tag? Isn't that the whole point of the Toyfair?

Did the chatter and excitement on the boards across the internet change something? Maybe. Something doesn't sit right with this. Am I still in? Depends on how the price settles out.

Something fishy WAS going on, the price WAS set, then toysites started floating artificial prices like 300 out there to condition the market then HT pulled it and reset the wholesale price resulting in the retail price at 250...

I would be VERY interested to know what the wholesale cost is now... and what it was at Toyfair.

I don't recall a price ever being set. Nor being mentioned. I do know that we all speculated a long time about the price.

Perhaps BBTS knows? They must have a reason why they set their price at $139. Perhaps they will share their reasoning.

Wor-Gar said:
I don't recall a price ever being set. Nor being mentioned. I do know that we all speculated a long time about the price.

Perhaps BBTS knows? They must have a reason why they set their price at $139. Perhaps they will share their reasoning.

I'm talking about a preset wholesale price for distributors, something we obviously wouldn't be privy to, otherwise Sideshow would never have announced "Coming to ToyFair 2007" with all their other items.

Back