Display stands ... Do you always use them?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredW

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi, this may already been covered by someone else starting it, in which case my apologies... But here is my question, feel free to point me in the right direction if this has been a topic before.
I have been collecting Marvel and DC Hot Toys for a while, but kept them in the boxes, never removed them....however I am getting to the point where I want to start displaying them. But, and this is the issue, I am not keen on the stands being all so different. Example being Cap America, Winter Soldier, you have all of them on the normal stands apart from Falcon who is in a dynamic stand. For someone like myself this causes me "stress" (no kidding) when I want to display it. I know it's sad, but I can't help it, I always need everything matching. So here is the thing, do any of you display your 1:6 Hot Toys figures without stands and if so, do they stand up ok without tippling over?
Hope it makes sense.
Thanks
Fred

Well, personally I'm usually too nervous to risk my $200 figures doing a faceplant and breaking their nose, haha. But I do have my Avengers Loki without a stand right now, and he's staying up just fine. Some of my others - Rescue Cap, for one - have way too weak ankles to handle standing by their own. So I guess the short answer is... it depends? :lol

I use stands for my Hot Toys, mostly because I'm afraid of my $300 figure falling and breaking. Some people don't use them and it works if the figures are in a secure place that doesn't get jostled around. If you want all of your stands to match, you can buy generic ones online.

Thanks! Yeah that's my fear that they would fall over. So I may need to go for the generic stands option. Does anyone got any good recommendations for good generic stands?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You might be able to use Blue Tack under their feet to prevent them from falling over. I personally use stands for my figures, but Blue Tack is amazing stuff. I use it on some of my statues/busts and it comes off without leaving any residue or anything. If you like the no stand look that's what I'd recommend. Ebay's a great place for generic stands if you go that route. 1 6 Very Hot Toys 12 inches Action Figure U Type Stand Type Adjustable Height | eBay

Thanks! Yeah that's my fear that they would fall over. So I may need to go for the generic stands option. Does anyone got any good recommendations for good generic stands?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you're looking for affordable, generic stands, eBay had a good selection. You could also check out Stoney's Stands on Facebook. They have some awesome, acrylic stands and can even do customs if you want.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If you're looking for affordable, generic stands, eBay had a good selection. You could also check out Stoney's Stands on Facebook. They have some awesome, acrylic stands and can even do customs if you want.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

wow those stands are awesome... looks like someone will have to spend a lot more money soon ;) LOVE them.

I use fishing line on the less stable figures, one end looped around the neck and the other to a clear plastic hook affixed to the shelf/cabinet.

Museum wax on the feet is an option.

Stands are for sookie lala crybaby collectors.

I use fishing line on the less stable figures, one end looped around the neck and the other to a clear plastic hook affixed to the shelf/cabinet.

Museum wax on the feet is an option.

Stands are for sookie lala crybaby collectors.

Love that last line. That's actually a cool idea with the fishing line means you hardly see anything.

I had the exact same issue. I'm really **** about how all my figures display and I really liked the uniform look of them all being on the standard oval HT stands.

Now I buy stands for all my figures and get decals made from EVILFACE to stink onto the oven stands so they all are the same.

Costs a few bob though, so not an economical way to go about it

Hey TC, I have the same compulsion. I don't like different stands so I'll tend to keep those oddly shaped ones in the box and use a blank HT knockoff stand instead. I can't stand them! (no pun intended).

I've gotten decals and made replacements for the stands and now I'm happy. Call me crazy, I don't care. :lol

Don't use stand. I spend a lot of time doing the pose, finding the balance and making sure that both feet lays flat. Then hit the cabinet to see if its good. Get stoneys stand, the plain clear ones if you're not confident with no stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish Hottoys would make official blank oval stands to buy for figures. I bought some off ebay but they are not quite the same quality.

Thanks for all the comments. I think I am torn between no stands and maybe putting some Museum Wax or Gel under it... or get the Stoneys ones. With the Stoneys ones the only issue is that they come without the grabbers.... so i'd still have to buy some extra ones anyway, since I don't believe the HT ones that came with dynamic stands have any normal ones with it.... like I mentioned I never took them out the boxes yet, because of not knowing how to display them yet lol

So looking at plain stands right now to then maybe get the Stoney's ones... that said, I do think I like the waist grabbers more than the groin saddles... they seem to be nicer for posing... or am I wrong with that?

I use the stands for some figures and others I don't. All my HT figures stand well on their own without a stand. It just depends on the pose though, some will need a stand to stay upright in certain poses.

Back