Edge of Tomorrow 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushmore223

Super Freak
Reaction score
It has been confirmed that Doug Liman and Tom Cruise are returning to make Edge of Tomorrow 2.

My only question is if they will change the title, as they seem to have done with the first movie upon its video release. Live, Die, Repeat 2. Or perhaps Live, Die, Repeat, Repeat?

LOVED the film- however baffled why it's getting funding for a sequel- first one made how much domestically and worldwide? It wasn't cheap to make as well

LOVED the film- however baffled why it's getting funding for a sequel- first one made how much domestically and worldwide? It wasn't cheap to make as well

It actually lost money theatrically. It cost $178 million plus around $50 million marketing/release (negative cost: around $230m). It earned $370 million worldwide, returning around $185 million theatrically, so a loss of maybe $40-50 million.

However, how much it made on home release is hard to quantify - though it may have been a major hit in that regard. Presumably that's the reason for a sequel.

Loved the first one. Was a real surprise to me too since when i saw the first trailer, I thought the whole movie was given away so I never even bothered to see it in the theatres. I wonder if other folks thought the same which was why it didn't do as well theatrically. I have since seen it several times on blu.

Loved the original. Best video game movie of all time (even though it happens to not actually be based on a video game).

Its biggest issue was the generic title and that WB didn't know how to market it properly.

I agree, the marketing was terrible. I remember watching the trailers and had no interest to see it in theaters. But I caught it on redbox later and thoroughly enjoyed it. Even purchased the Blu Ray shortly after.

Back