Princes Leia PF stains. Need some help from collectors.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amphion

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am being offered an EX Princes Leia for $365 SHIPPED. It is in perfect condition with all the parts and both boxes intact but it does have two yellow / orange stains on her neck and the back of her hood as you'll see in the pictures. Do you guys recommend I purchase her anyway and try to get them out? They are on the back so I can experiment a bit with rubbing alcohol or something. Really need some advice from my fellow collectors. This IS an EX version which is why I am considering in the first place. What do you guys think? Thanks!

$_12 (1).jpg

$_12 (2).jpg

You might wanna try isopropylic alcool and stain removers,
I had made a huge stain of paint on my captain Jack Sparrow pf's short and was able to successfully remove it..although it was applied right after the incident occured.

I had the same thing with mine. One spot on the front. Tide To Go stick cleaned it right out and didn't leave a bleach mark.

Interesting. My Leia has this as well, at a spot where her shirt was stuck to her, umm, chest. :monkey3

Nice to know its a common issue (glue, I'm guessing??) and that there's an easy fix! Thanks!

Kind of regretting not buying it now that I know it's a common issue and there's somewhat of a fix.

Just be patient. I picked an EX up for the exact same price back in February, no stains on mine. The issue with mine was the packaging of all things. The picture sleeve that goes around the box was sooooo tight, it took me forever to get it off. I ended up accidentally tearing in very slightly. It was just as bad trying to put it back on so I ended up just not putting it back on for fear of bending it or creasing it.

Nice to know its a common issue (glue, I'm guessing??) and that there's an easy fix! Thanks!

I actually think its the skin tone paint, maybe someone handling and assembling the final statues which are just not totally 100% dry, and then touches the dress. Or the dresses were too close to where the statue was being spray painted and a bit of splatter got on them.

Either way, has always been a long term issue, no matter what Sideshow may say.

Back