Anime experts....help me ID these cels!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otomofan

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am very fortunate to live near Tokyo. Today I went out to one of the greatest places on the planet...Nakano Broadway! More action figures, manga, anime, etc. than your brain can process!

One thing I love is that you can buy actual production anime cels for dirt cheap! Unfortunately, I don't know what series they are from. Chances are, they are very very obscure and nobody knows what they are. Hence, being so cheap. I picked up a bunch today as gifts for all my nephews and nieces.

These ranged in price from 300 yen to 800 yen. One of them even had the background included!

I think I got lucky...at least two of these look like they might be ACTUAL Gundam cels. Look at the robot faces...totally Gundam! Which series? I have NO idea!

Also the pink haired girl sure looks like Chibi Sailor Moon, but it's definitely NOT her!

I know this is a real long shot, but if anyone has any theories on the origins of these cels, please let me know! Also, any ideas of other forums to post these on?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Photo-0044.jpg
    Photo-0044.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Photo-0043.jpg
    Photo-0043.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Photo-0042.jpg
    Photo-0042.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Photo-0041.jpg
    Photo-0041.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Photo-0040.jpg
    Photo-0040.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 140
  • Photo-0039.jpg
    Photo-0039.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 137
  • Photo-0035.jpg
    Photo-0035.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 141
  • Photo-0037.jpg
    Photo-0037.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 147
  • Photo-0038.jpg
    Photo-0038.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Photo-0036.jpg
    Photo-0036.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 137
No clue what Gundam those two are from. I had thought the first was Epyon from Gundam Wing, but it isn't.

the sticker does say which cartoon they are from. last pic probably from Gundam Fighter/Gundam G. just get your neighbor to translate them if you don't read Japanese.

The last one I think is called matador gundam from gundam g and the 7th picture is from tenchi muyo. The characters are tenchi and sasami.

2nd picture is Gundam X

Olba Frost's Virsago Gundam (bad guy).

FYI Gundam X is the best Gundam :p

edit: 4th cel looks like Ranma 1/2 style, eyes are a bit off though ><

2nd edit: If you ever go again and you see some Outlaw Star cels please let me know!

Last edited:
Hey guys, thanks for the IDs!

Between this thread, and some experts over on a Macross forum, I have most of them identified!

By the way, there is no info on the price tags. All it says is "cel" and some inventory code numbers.

So far, here's what I know:

1 is still unknown

2 is Virsago Gundam from Gundam X

3 is from an anime called Saint Tail

4 is from Jushin Liger

5 is from Idol Tenshi Youkoso Yoko

6 is still unknown

7 is from Tenchi Muyo

8 is Tekkaman Evil from Tekkaman Blade

9 is from Ryu Knight

10 is Matador Gundam from G Gundam

I can't believe people were able to ID these so quickly....a lot of these seem to be from the mid 90s or so. I still think I lucked out to get these for so cheap. I think Virsago Gundam is the coolest!

2nd picture is Gundam X

Olba Frost's Virsago Gundam (bad guy).

FYI Gundam X is the best Gundam :p

edit: 4th cel looks like Ranma 1/2 style, eyes are a bit off though ><

2nd edit: If you ever go again and you see some Outlaw Star cels please let me know!

FYI Zeta Gundam is the best Gundam :p

followed by 0080, 0079, Char's Counter Attack.

Back