Fullmetal Alchemist (2017) - Live action film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushmore223

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure if there are any fans on here, or for that matter if anybody on here has even heard of the Manga or shows, but currently a live action film is being developed...

Fullmetal Alchemist Live-Action Movie Announced - IGN

I loved both series, not sure how I feel about a live action version being made, as I doubt it will live up to the incredible show(s). As it is, FMA ranks as one of my all-time favorite TV shows, right behind Game of Thrones. If you have not seen it, give it a try.

I really enjoyed both FMA series and I have to think a live action version will just not work....although I did really like the live action kenshin films so, wait and see I guess

Live action anime is almost always a fail. I never got into the series, but I know it's really loved. Feel bad for any fans out there. Hopefully it's not another Dragonball Evolution...

Pretty sure it'll be times better than the Japanese one. :lol

Eh I dunno. Did you see the repugnant looking dude playing Light? I guess the casting call was for any white male with a bulbous nose.

afUSwXw.jpg

Eh I dunno. Did you see the repugnant looking dude playing Light?
I guess the casting call was for any white male with a bulbous nose.
Well, I hope they'll not use Japanese setting so "white male" is fine.
There was nothing about physical appearance of the character in the description Ohba gave to Obata.

"A brilliant honors student who's a little out there."
Obata envisioned Light as a "smart and formal guy" who wears formal shirts.
Most of Light's clothing in Death Note is "fitted" and Obata avoided jeans.

Japanese craptation completely missed the "formal guy" point.
And the actor looked like an emo hamster.

Well, I hope they'll not use Japanese setting so "white male" is fine.
There was nothing about physical appearance of the character in the description Ohba gave to Obata.

"A brilliant honors student who's a little out there."
Obata envisioned Light as a "smart and formal guy" who wears formal shirts.
Most of Light's clothing in Death Note is "fitted" and Obata avoided jeans.

Japanese craptation completely missed the "formal guy" point.
And the actor looked like an emo hamster.

I knew they'd make him white, and that's fine. But he's supposed to be a pretty boy super genius, and this looks like every ****** serving coffee and Starbucks.

Anime, when I was 15 or something. Tried to read the manga past 20 and just couldn't. :lol
Stuff like Last Exile or Bokurano is waaay more appealing to me.

To each his own. I read the manga first and then saw the Anime. I did like how cinematic some things were made for the Anime, but I much prefer the Manga's ending since it's more bleak. Sorry for derailing the thread with Death Note chat :lol

To each his own. I read the manga first and then saw the Anime. I did like how cinematic some things were made for the Anime, but I much prefer the Manga's ending since it's more bleak. Sorry for derailing the thread with Death Note chat :lol

That's fine, I understand if there is limited interest in the subject matter, so any discussion is better than no discussion.

I wonder what the over and under is that this will be better or worse than the Ghost in the Shell film.

Back