Is SS finished with Alien/Predator Legendary Scale Busts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ascello

Super Freak
Reaction score
Alien had Big Chap and Warrior busts and Predator had Jungle Predator, City Hunter (with small run of "savage edition" open tusk version), and Masked Hunter busts. Their Elder Predator prototype was shown and then cancelled for some unknown reason. I know I've seen sketches of the Dog Alien, AVP Alien and Grid Alien busts at one point but that was it. I know there have been quality control problems with this line but was wondering if anyone had any insight as to whether SS was done with it.

I hope not, the Alien line has some serious production issues but I'd hope they would figure that out and move forward rather than concede defeat. I really like the Alien and Predator LSB's. I'm still really disappointed to have ended up without a big chap, maybe I'll find one down the line. I think the picture you saw was of a Resurrection Warrior rather than the Dog however, I don't think we ever saw a Dog concept. You'd think that would be the next candidate for the Alien line however. Give me a masked P2 with the emphasis on an accurate Hero bio mask and I'll be very happy indeed...

Edit: Found it...

HpMKASf.jpg

One word Coolprops.
With the ability sideshow has in terms of making quality paint apps and accurate model, I think being a distributor is good for everyone.

I never did get into the LSB line of collectibles, but for those that have them I do hope that SS continues.
If we are indeed looking at production pics of the Coolprops P2 1:1 bust (I believe darkmummy was able to confirm this from a rep during Winter 2016 Wonder Fest), I would rather invest in their products.

I just hope Coolprops stays committed to the Alien/Predator franchise. They've already confirmed the next 1:1 predator bust being P1!!

I hope so for alien & Pred fans, as they do not seem to do them justice.

One word Coolprops.
With the ability sideshow has in terms of making quality paint apps and accurate model, I think being a distributor is good for everyone.

Agree. Distribution of competitor's products is the only thing Sideshow is good for.

1:1 over 1:2 even though space is an issue.

Reason why I'm looking to sell my LSBs and replace with CP Busts. Don't need both.

Hope they don't take too long on the classic.

The 1;2 is really great for collectors like me who is running out of space. So hopefully it continues

I prefer 1:2 because I don't need to have life size. Half scale is perfect.

Hey, if CP want to get into 1/2 busts, I am not going to complain. Love the 1:1 busts teased so far, but I can only have one, two at most. I can have a whole row of 1/2 busts however :)

I agree. 1:1 scale is awesome but eat up room quickly. I'm happy with 1/2 scale as long as the quality is there.

With new methods of production with the likes of 3d printing etc, it might be feasible for CP to scale down their 1:1 busts etc, and that could be awesome! I could have all of the Aliens that way ;) They would of course have to add shoulders etc to make them really stand out in the smaller scale.

Back