Blu-ray and DVD Deleted/Alternate scenes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushmore223

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was watching The Fly for the first time in years and thought this might make a good topic.

After all these years I finally saw the deleted scenes from The Fly, who would have thought the most disturbing scene in the movie would have been a deleted scene.

The Bab-Cat would have probably given me nightmares as a kid, but I totally understand why the scene was cut, since it would have lessened the impact of the ending. But what a pity, it was a great scene made all the better with practical effects.

On the other hand, there is the pregnancy dream. This scene had to be unfinished, because it looked like garbage and would have totally taken me out of the movie had it remained.

What are some other cool or potentially movie ruining scenes that never made it into the final film? Movies with the footage reincorporated into Extended Editions do not count, otherwise this is likely to turn into a LOTR thread. ;)

Last edited:
I always thought the Dr. Satan killing Nurse Marsha (Rosario Dawson) scene from "The Devil's Rejects" was a great scene and kind of wished they had kept it in the movie, although I can also understand why they decided to take it out.

The scene with Wolverine's classic yellow and black costume from "The Wolverine" was pretty cool. Wish they would have left that in there.

The Biggs Darklighter/Anchorhead scenes from ANH really help characterize Biggs and make his inevitable death more sorrowful of a scene than the random guy with the mustache biting it. I don't think I ever connected that Luke and Biggs were friends until the ONE good scene added to the Special Editions where Luke runs into Biggs in the Yavin hanger. If I could add that little bit to my Harmy cuts, I would. The Anchorhead stuff, however, ruins the pacing of the movie and belongs on the cutting room floor. Restoring it in a novel, picture storybook, or the radio drama is all that is needed to appreciate it.

The Biggs Darklighter/Anchorhead scenes from ANH really help characterize Biggs and make his inevitable death more sorrowful of a scene than the random guy with the mustache biting it. I don't think I ever connected that Luke and Biggs were friends until the ONE good scene added to the Special Editions where Luke runs into Biggs in the Yavin hanger. If I could add that little bit to my Harmy cuts, I would. The Anchorhead stuff, however, ruins the pacing of the movie and belongs on the cutting room floor. Restoring it in a novel, picture storybook, or the radio drama is all that is needed to appreciate it.

It actually was part of the Star Wars Storybook, I remember reading it as a kid and always wondered why the picture of Luke and Biggs on Tatooine wasn't in the movie.

It actually was part of the Star Wars Storybook, I remember reading it as a kid and always wondered why the picture of Luke and Biggs on Tatooine wasn't in the movie.

Me too. I got the storybook as well and saw the movie in the theater. When I was looking at the book ( 4 years old ) I didn't remember seeing the scene in the movie and was wondering why.

Not a deleted scene, more of an easter egg, but Gerty playing table tennis with himself in MOON. Anyone else know any good easter eggs on DVD's/Blu Ray's?

What are some other cool or potentially movie ruining scenes that never made it into the final film? Movies with the footage reincorporated into Extended Editions do not count, otherwise this is likely to turn into a LOTR thread. ;)

Prometheus is a big one. If they included the deleted scene where the one guy found the little worms and was all excited about them it would have better established why he wasn't afraid of the cobra thing. Also the scene where the Engineer speaks was a good one that would have elevated that particular encounter as well. Don't know what Scott was thinking leaving those two scenes out or even putting them in an Extended Version.

Been a while since I've seen it, but I like the deleted auto-machine gun sequence in Aliens. I remember reading about this in the novelization. And then funny enough, the TV version of Aliens on CBS had the auto machine gun scenes incorporated in it...WAY before DVD or Blu-Ray even existed. I remember this was back in high school in the early 90's.

Been a while since I've seen it, but I like the deleted auto-machine gun sequence in Aliens. I remember reading about this in the novelization. And then funny enough, the TV version of Aliens on CBS had the auto machine gun scenes incorporated in it...WAY before DVD or Blu-Ray even existed. I remember this was back in high school in the early 90's.

Yeah, I have a laserdisc box set of Aliens with that scene (and many more) that while it may not add a lot to the story, it's fun to see.

Yeah, I have a laserdisc box set of Aliens with that scene (and many more) that while it may not add a lot to the story, it's fun to see.

I remember hearing about that & the colonists last stand & it was like a holy grail moment when I finally saw them, they were awesome

Neil

All "Luke on Tatooine" deleted scenes of the Star Wars.
Without them this film is just not as good as it could be.

All "Steve Rogers" centered deleted scenes of The Avengers.
Without them this film is just not as good as it could be.

All deleted scenes of The Terminator.
Theatrical cut is great but I don't think these scenes could hurt the pacing.

"Dragneto" scene of X-Men First Class.
Very short but incredibly funny. Dunno why they felt the need to cut it out.

Back