Gentle Giant 1:8 KNEELING VADER Statue!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j97e1

Super Freak
Reaction score
If you've missed on the original 1/6, and don't mind the smaller scale, grab it!

From Gentle Giant, $159 - Order Here.

6876876e9187db5f0821bfa5_1200x1838.jpg

I don't care if it's lazy or not. Always loved the pose, but missed the boat a few times. This one is ordered.

Love it. Very happy they are re-releasing this. I also missed the chance to buy him.... and the eBay prices on this are insane. For $160 I will be ordering. Has been one of my favorite Vader poses.

Why re-release this statue when you are so behind with other products? A similar thing happened to Attakus too. I give you that kneeling Vader is one of GG's best statues, and being smaller shouldn't affect the value of the old one - for those who care. But there are so many other things GG could have made instead, and keep the (shrinking) fan base happy. But I guess, like the other members said, the term lazy is one defining this release, plus the term cash-cow I'd add.

Waiting for their scaled Dewback, Scout on speederbike, Rancor and others. Especially if they make a third or fourth re-release in MicroMachines scale LOL

I owned the original version for a while. Definitely one of the better Vader statues out there. I don't think I'll bother with this since I have the Mythos statue and a couple of the Kotobukiya pieces, but it's cool to see them revisiting an old classic.

I always view Vader kneeling as if in reflection of what his life has become, not kneeling down to Palpatine. My interpretation of the pose is why I want to get this piece.

Poor Gentle Giant..... what have they done in the past 5+ years aside from mini busts and 80s figures...
I have the original 1:6, why not remake that? 1:8 is way too small.

Poor Gentle Giant..... what have they done in the past 5+ years aside from mini busts and 80s figures...
I have the original 1:6, why not remake that? 1:8 is way too small.

Because some would jump up and down crying the value for their statue goes down. This smaller statue is a nice balance between the old and new. But I wish they came with something completely new and not rehashes. Still this is an iconic but unusual pose for Vader so it will sell.

Got this today. Looks great, well made, great detail, and it fits perfectly inside the IKEA lighted cube.

Back