How Valuable Is He?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve1971

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a question for those who are into collecting the Friday The 13th Jason figures. I just got the SideShow Jason Friday The 13th Part 3 figure. I bought him on Ebay for $65 bucks. I have read and heard that he is a very valuable figure from many sources. They say Jason from Part 3 is the most sought after figure by collectors. I see him go for almost $300 on Ebay at times and I always ask myself why? What is so special about this figure that makes him so valuable. Theres no doubt that its very impressive but I must have gotton lucky to get him at such a low price. So if anyone out there can shed some light on why Jason from Part 3 is so sought after and so valuable please let me know because I would love to hear about it.

:emperor

I would guess that it is a popular figure because that is the first movie where he dons the hockey mask, which then became the "classic" Jason look.

once again.....:rolleyes:

-best face sculpt

-best body type

-first jason

-looks like a mini PF

-people came to that line late and miss this one

-looks bad ass

-is Shai Hulud favorite figure ever ,So its an honor for one to own it (its makes you feel like Shai Hulud for a moment..which is one of the greatest thing in life one could dream of becoming.)

That's the reasons.

Shai Hulud said:
-is Shai Hulud favorite figure ever ,So its an honor for one to own it (its makes you feel like Shai Hulud for a moment..which is one of the greatest thing in life one could dream of becoming.)
:lol :lol :lol
:rock:rock:rock

Shai Hulud said:

We would, but rumor has it that someone has been hoarding a butt-load of those figures. Hmm...wonder who that could possibly be... :rolleyes: :D

Shai Hulud said:

-best face sculpt

-best body type

-first jason

-looks like a mini PF

-looks bad ass

That's the reasons.

All these are very true. The sculpt is secound to none, and the body is PERFECT. By far the best body SS has ever used for a Jason figure. And like Shai said, it was the first and many people missed it.

Still amazes me that with an edition size of 7500 hes hard to come by. but once people get him in their grasp few will want to let him go. You got one hell of a deal if you got one for $65.

And Shai, the last reason is really the ONLY reason I have one:lol

Oh yeah, forgot to add, the only reason I have one is also because of The Great Worm. Best $30.00 I ever spent on a figure.:rock:rock:rock

Lol. You definitely got a great deal, if you're a Jason fan this is THE one to own, I myself came to the Jason collecting late and have been looking around for one, I almost won an auction for a loose one in the $120s. It looks great and is definitely worth the hype. The search continues....

He's worth $1,000,000...or $5. Depends on who you can find to buy him and what price they're willing to pay.

Me? I refuse to pay over retail for figures. Got mine loose for $30.

don_of_the_dead said:
Got mine loose for $30.
bannistardsm.gif

don_of_the_dead said:
He's worth $1,000,000...or $5. Depends on who you can find to buy him and what price they're willing to pay.

Me? I refuse to pay over retail for figures. Got mine loose for $30.

Perhaps in the next few years the part 3 Classic Jason figure, may be worth 10,000,000...:lol

I was one of the lucky ones who pre-ordered that figure back in 03' I keep mine in the original bag the sealed box came with. Mine will be mint forever. I wish I bought 2 back in 03' one to open and one to keep mint and sealed.:D This is the one figure I will never open unless I get a loose one or a boxed one at a decent price. my favorite Jason Voorhees fig ever.

First, Knockworstface might be the best name ever. Second, it is true that a big part of the inflated Jason 3 price is the secondary value of getting to know what it is like to be the great worm, if only for a fleeting moment. Lastly, ths Jason figure is simply the best of the bunch for all of the reasons above, and apart from Jason 7, is really the most iconic version of this character for most people. I am always staggered that he has such a large production run and such a high aftermarket value. I am scared to think what SW exclusives might reach years after their release.

Seaward said:
First, Knockworstface might be the best name ever. Second, it is true that a big part of the inflated Jason 3 price is the secondary value of getting to know what it is like to be the great worm, if only for a fleeting moment. Lastly, ths Jason figure is simply the best of the bunch for all of the reasons above, and apart from Jason 7, is really the most iconic version of this character for most people. I am always staggered that he has such a large production run and such a high aftermarket value. I am scared to think what SW exclusives might reach years after their release.

I agree with everything you said, friend. Knockworstface has been my internet handle since early 01'. (it quite a goofy handle):D

I like Shai's "Great Worm Krusader"...that is priceless!!

F vs J ...Jason is a one of the better Jason figures too.:D

Shai Hulud said:

-best face sculpt

-best body type

-first jason

-looks like a mini PF

-looks bad ass

That's the reasons.

Well said.

FvJ is great, and I think his costume looks better than the PF, my only criticism is that his mask isn't removable. A tiny nit to pick, but Part 3 and Part 7 are virtually perfect for me.

Yeah, I guess his mask should come off, then again they may of ruined the sculpt. Part 3's lack of moving parts bothers me.

Pt 3 could definitely use more articulation... but I think what was sacrificed makes sense. The sculpted neck and wrists look great on the figure.

Back