Asmus LOTR Merry, Pippin sixth scale figures review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Nice review (as always). Really looking forward to getting these two!

They are planning a Boromir. There's a thread on here with the initial digital sculpt. So the whole Fellowship is coming! (I'm hoping for a Bill the Pony accessory, too.)

We can certainly hope - you could fill a book with the number of figures that we see right up to prototype that never make it out for one reason or another. I'm hoping Asmus can focus on the Fellowship for awhile and crank them out.

Now that Merry & Pippin have been released and Frodo & Sam are in the works, I'm hoping Asmus will make the most of the scaled body and make old & young Bilbo

I initially ordered these last week (direct from Asmus) thinking they'd fit in with my Sideshow Frodo and Sam, and was a bit disappointed to learn they were scaled smaller. Having given it some thought, and with the likelihood of Asmus releasing their own versions of Frodo and Sam, I'm glad they went with truer-scaled hobbit bodies.

initially was on planning to get only Aragorn but now I'm tempted to get all of them to complete the Fellowship. I'm kind of on the fence until I see Frodo and Sam. Glad that there aren't any Asmus exclusives, makes it easier to pick these up down the road without paying an arm and a leg.

The Pippin looks pretty good, but I'm not to keen on the surly expression for Merry. I guess it sort of fits his personality in the film.

Back