What do you want the eventual Sideshow Rey PF to look like?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IdeaOfEvil

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since she still might be in her planning stages, maybe fans can influence her design if a thread is created early enough? I found the best images online that I could with her in various states of dress and standing from various places, so maybe we can pool a design from them.

-There are essentially two costumes to choose from - her early Jakku / main movie costume, and then her final scene / Luke Skywalker costume.

-Typical Sideshow PF designs would be fabric versus no fabric, a light up base or not, a light up accessory or not, battery versus ac adapter, an art print, etc etc.

-For her pose, do you want her to be more dynamic for the sake of her staff, more static with a blaster stance, or a combination where she could swap out a lightsaber with either the staff of the blaster?

-Her accessories were pretty minimal, as she wore a cowl and goggles. You could maybe consider BB-8 as an accessory since he would be too small to be released on his very own as a PF, but that's negotiable. Things like her binoculars, water canteen, "green bread" if you want it (etc) would all fall in this category.

-For weapons, she carried her staff around for the first portion of the movie, had a small hand blaster for the middle, and then picked up the lightsaber for the final moments (I don't count her shouldering the Storm Trooper rifle on planet Starkiller as a weapon she used).

So, lets say every weapon is 1 point, every accessory is 1 point, alternate portraits are 1 point, light up features are 1 point, and anything else that would be an addition to the main figure of the statue itself would be 1 point. If you were only allowed to have 3 points in total, what would you want a Rey PF to include? Example would be you want her to have a swap out portrait with her hood/cowl, a swap out lightsaber accessory, and it lights up - That would equal 3 points. If you wanted her to have BB-8, a swap out portrait, a lightsaber, and have it light up - that would equal 4 points and be too many. The point system is just because we know Sideshow doesn't include a lot of add-ons these days, and asking for a lot won't ever happen.

Here are her pics:

Her Jakku costume (first promotional image):
08.jpg

Her final costume (barely seen in the movie):
10.jpg
11.jpg

Facial expression close-ups:
01.jpg
02.jpg

03.jpg

Completely static pose:
06.jpg

Dynamic pose for the staff:
09.jpg

Combo pose for blaster and staff:
07.jpg

Concept art dynamic pose:
05.jpg

Save the Skywalker costume for a future one, ep VIII. I loved the scavenger look and Khev's reference above is a nice one. :goodpost: Maybe that one with BB8 on Jakku but with the first promotional photo pose.

Have they announced her along with Kylo Ren? I hope they don't screw up the face, Sideshow hasn't been known for their facial accuracy on their human portraits.

I'd like to see her in her scavenger garb, with switch out masked portrait, just in case Sideshow sends me an unmasked Rey portrait with googly eyes.

I'd also love to have either BB-8 or Rey's Landspeeder with a Jakku base.

Would prefer both land speeder and bb8 hahaha.

I don't want her just walking and I think the promo photo is far too stiff.

I want this:

tumblr_o038duLAs91qcgwjjo3_500.gif

Sand base, maybe part of the Walker behind, something different and unique.

So, nobody really wants her to come with a lightsaber?

I do. Her base should be Jakku. I don't care if she never used the saber there. I want her in a cool pose for the staff. Done in a way 1 arm can be changed for a saber. As well as masked head. Haha

Boom. This stance then the staff arm could be switched out for saber and posed at any angle if the seam is at the shoulder.

9fcc518bd25e64f1f18ecb50480c640c.jpg

Another viable option.

rey_starwars_by_kasai-d9mk7tb.jpg

I do. Her base should be Jakku. I don't care if she never used the saber there. I want her in a cool pose for the staff. Done in a way 1 arm can be changed for a saber. As well as masked head. Haha

So do i
straight pose could be nice with BB8 but i don't care about this droid.

So the best for me would be a dynamic fighting pose.

I do not want the Rey statue to feature a BB8 automatically. I'm not ready to shell out $800 to $1000 for this

Back