Green barit new pics.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidwolverine21

Super Freak
Reaction score
Green beret new pics.

has anyone seen these and the differences between the proto and the final
jwgb12af3.jpg

johnwayne.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
i imagine the sculpt change wasn't SS's decision. don't they have to go through the "estate of john wayne" or something like that? i'll bet they wanted it changed. that or the teeth would increase cost for SS to reproduce or would be too difficult to mass produce in good quality. i'm sure the paint app looks better when not under so much light and normal distance but it does leave something to be desired. i never thought the protype pic would be the one we received but didn't foresee the sculpt changing.

I'm just wondering why I ordered that original one in the first place. In that photo at least the proto looks cadaverous. I looked over the pics of the new sculpt and I like it.

What's with the paint apps, he look like David Ferry from "JFK" with those eyebrows... liked the proto sculpt much better and what's with his mouth?

i wonder why sideshow decided on the close mouth version? anyone got theories?

I definitely preferred the prototype sculpt. The production one looks more like a cartoon caricature of the Duke. To bad the Wayne Estate requested the change.

FlyAndFight said:
I definitely preferred the prototype sculpt. The production one looks more like a cartoon caricature of the Duke. To bad the Wayne Estate requested the change.

i agree but, as always, we'll have to wait till it's in hand to know for sure.

Back