Who Saw Ghost Rider Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw it too!

Much better than I was expecting from the reviews...never trust a critic for a comic book movie!

I'm taking my kids to see this tomorrow afternoon.

Afterwards, I'll decide whether or not to cancel the Medicom RAH 12" I have on order at SSC. :lol

IrishJedi said:
I'm taking my kids to see this tomorrow afternoon.

Afterwards, I'll decide whether or not to cancel the Medicom RAH 12" I have on order at SSC. :lol

:lol I'm thinking that the RAH 12" will be better than the entire movie...

screw the 12" you all need the modern maquette. is a beautiful piece.

The critics bashed the Punisher and I loved it.

The critics bashed the Fantastic Four and I agreed with them, it sucked.

So having said that, critics can say whatever they want, but that won't change my mind from seeing a movie unless its a rating of 10 percent or less on rottentomatoes.com

choopie said:
First positive comments I've heard about this movie all day.
The only bad comments I've read were from critics who don't understand the concept of self-aware campiness. I mean, come on, it's about a guy who turns into a motorcycle-riding flaming skull to fight crime. This isn't supposed to be high art. A healthy dose of cheese is to be expected, and enjoyed.

I'm going to be seeing it this weekend, and I expect to have a great time. Even my wife (who normally just tolerates my love of comic book / superhero movies) is looking forward to it.

Eli26 said:

So having said that, critics can say whatever they want, but that won't change my mind from seeing a movie unless its a rating of 10 percent or less on rottentomatoes.com
I never saw The Punisher (not my type of superhero), but I did see Fantastic Four and I loved it, from start to finish. I almost never give any credence to a Rotten Tomatoes rating, with two exceptions. If the rating is ridiculously low, chances are I will love the movie, because it offends critics high-falutin' sensibilities ;), or if the rating is ridiculously high, in which case I can usually expect one of those rare shared experiences at the theater. Anything else from them is just noise to me.

congerking said:
forgive ignorance, don't really follow ghost rider, who makes the maquette?
Ummm... Where are we again? Oh yeah, Sideshow Freaks. ;)

Last edited:
RoboDad said:
I never saw The Punisher (not my type of superhero), but I did see Fantastic Four and I loved it, from start to finish. I almost never give any credence to a Rotten Tomatoes rating, with two exceptions. If the rating is ridiculously low, chances are I will love the movie, because it offends critics high-falutin' sensibilities ;), or if the rating is ridiculously high, in which case I can usually expect one of those rare shared experiences at the theater. Anything else from them is just noise to me.

You really should see The Punisher. I was never a fan of the character, but Thomas Jane was fantastic in the role. Plus it looks like he could have ripped me in half.

Eli26 said:

I stopped giving movie critics any sort of credibility when Siskel and Ebert gave 2 thumbs down to the Crow. Mostly because Brandon Lee died while filming. They didn't review the movie, just what was going on around the movie. And if someone dieing is enough to dislike a film, then they should've gave Spider-Man 2 thumbs down, a carpenter died on that movie. I remember it well since it happened in my hometown and it was all over the news.

I'd like to see Ghost Rider, but probably won't get to until next week.

I'll be seeing it this weekend, so I'll let you guys know. If I love it, I know I will be kicking myself for not getting the maquette.

Well, there's always the wait list.

Boba Fett said:
I'll be seeing it this weekend, so I'll let you guys know. If I love it, I know I will be kicking myself for not getting the maquette.

Well, there's always the wait list.

You should be kicking yourself anyway. The movie doesn't affect the awesomeness that is the Ghost Rider maquette!

Natrix said:
You should be kicking yourself anyway. The movie doesn't affect the awesomeness that is the Ghost Rider maquette!
I couldn't have said it any better myself!! I can't say enough good things about the maquettes (both of them). It even rivals PF Lurtz in my book on sheer awesomeness, but Lurtz may take the edge based soley on size.

rider8.jpg

I just saw the movie and I really liked it. Granted it isn't as well-written and driven as Spider-man and the X-Men movies (especially X2)...it is very true to the character and I enjoyed it.The transforming sequences were awesome as well as Ghost Rider utilizing all his abilities...even the famed Penance Stare. It did have a degree of campiness to it and perhaps a slightly better script could've helped with that...but it was an entertaining movie to watch and the Rider scenes were awesome, as were all the special effects.I didn't like Ghost Rider's voice,but after one or two lines, I really loved it and felt it was perfect. Mephisto was cool and Eva Mendes was hot as Roxanne though at times I think the chemistry between her and Cage didn't work so well.

:SPOILER:

I was disappointed that Blackheart did not turn to something more like his comic demon form. I remember Bentley saying that Blackheart would turn into demon form but it wasn't exactly the one I was expecting. I guess I got my hopes up on that one and was really let down. :monkey1

It also looked like the script called for Eva Mendes to show massive cleavage in almost every outfit she was in. :D

Back