Asmus LOTR Saruman sixth scale figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Nice review, Michael, as always! The figure looks very good, too bad that I don't really have the funds right now.

Small question- what are those awesome background pictures you've been using? Where do you get them? I would love some for my personal collection.

Thanks!

Nice review, Michael, as always! The figure looks very good, too bad that I don't really have the funds right now.

Small question- what are those awesome background pictures you've been using? Where do you get them? I would love some for my personal collection.

Thanks!

I get them from an Asian dealer I found on ebay. He sells a huge variety of them for doll collectors, a big market in Japan. I'd say 90% of them are romantic scenes - palatial stairs, beautiful rooms, attractive gardens, you get the idea. But occasionally he'll have one that works with more action figure oriented lines. He also does them in different scales from 12" - 18" and larger, so finding one that looks right can be a little tricky, but it's worth it.

I'm trying to get him to do more space type ones however - that's a huge gap.

Nice review! Looking forward to this one.

I wonder if the light spill can be fixed...?

I was thinking about starting with a thin edge of poster tack around the bottom of the ball to build up the edge of the alter at the light, so that it wouldn't be permanent but would test out my theory.

I was thinking about starting with a thin edge of poster tack around the bottom of the ball to build up the edge of the alter at the light, so that it wouldn't be permanent but would test out my theory.

Yeah or even a very thin black ring washer... you would likely see it a bit but the fact that the ball would glow rather than the table spill might direct the eyes away from the little raised edge under the marble.

Back