funny pen markings on Kotobukiya Scout Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godzilla

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Salutations everyone!

I've felt it. No, not the awakening in the force, but a weird urge to buy one, over a decade old statue by Kotobukiya. Even though I've pretty much quit collecting a while ago, I just could not resist. Scouts are one of the better looking units in the Imperial Forces, and they have such small representation in collectibles. This one on top of that is in my opinion one of the better ones. The pose is so fitting. So I've been looking around for it, to eventually hunt one down on ebay. The package arrived today and there is one funny thing about this statue. Right in the head socket, someone made marking using blue ball pen. The statue was purchased from a comic store, brand new. Box was not sealed, but it appears it left the factory this way. All the pieces have never been put together, as the pegs are in pristine condition. Twist ties have also never been untied before, so I am pretty much 100% positive those markings have been made in factory. One person told me it may mean "up" which would make sense, since it's in head socket (I know for certain that one symbol like this could mean "tree").. Still, it leaves me wondering why would anyone bother with marking it, and even go as far as drawing a line around the whole socket :) It's just a cruious little thing. Does anyone else own this statue that has similar markings? I wonder if mine was unique, or was it a regular practice in the factory for some reason. Also, if anyone could confirm the meaning of this inscription, I'd be much thankful. I was hoping it will be something exciting, like a secret message, a letter in a bottle, you know :)

Here is the pic
CaYMc0eWEAAepSx.jpg

Well, in Chinese the top two together is really only used for the surname Lam (or Lin). The bottom character by itself means "wood." Taken together like that, I have no idea what they would mean.

Well, in Chinese the top two together is really only used for the surname Lam (or Lin). The bottom character by itself means "wood." Taken together like that, I have no idea what they would mean.

So it doesn't mean "up" ?

Back