Jack Reacher: Never Go Back

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan Rex

Super Freak
Reaction score
Filming has wrapped on the sequel.
image.jpeg

One of the better action movies I've seen over the last few years. About 500 times better than the ridiculously overrated John Wick (yeah, I said it). Bring it on, movie studio!

Hey now, I like Wick.

And funny you say action, because while the Reacher books have action, they are far more about investigation. And he's big and tough enough to stick his nose wherever he wants.

Loved the first one and am happy to see a sequel.

I agree Tom is not even close to what Reacher should be physically, and his physical presence is an important characteristic of Reacher in the novels. I always laugh in the first Reacher movie when the detective asks the Hotel clerk if she thinks anyone there could have done the murder, and she quickly responds "the guy is room X". The detective asks "why", and she says, "you'll see" which is supposed to mean that when you saw Reacher, you would see a huge hulking brute who would indeed be capable of beating someone to a pulp (which is how the character is written) with possibly little effort. But instead it's just Tom.

But Tom does the attitude and the hand to hand stuff so well that I give him a pass.

Loved John Wick too!

Looking forward to this. I had never heard of Reacher until the film, so Cruise being cast didn't bother me.

Now Damon as Bourne, there's something I didn't care for.

Anticipating the parody "Jack Reacharound - Always go back" now :lol

But yeah loved the first and looking forward to this. You guys reminded me of when I read 'The Davinci Code'. I always pictured a Harrison Ford or Richard Gere in their prime type for the role instead we got......

tom-hanks-da-vinci-code.png

Almost made the movie unwatchable for me because he was so far away from the character in the book.

I was reading up on this, and now I'm pretty sure I actually saw some filming of this movie a couple of weeks back. Cruise was filming downtown in Baton Rouge, and I was having a ***** of a time getting to the post office for street closures due to filming. A movie was being filmed at the courthouse across the street, and there were lots of police and military actors and vehicles around. I bet that was Jack Reacher.

Did you manange to get to the post office in time? Don't leave me hangin like that Karamazov :pray:

Was eager to see this love the original.
But having that how i met yur mother girl urgh!
Shes annoying like courtney cox was back in the days...

One of the better action movies I've seen over the last few years. About 500 times better than the ridiculously overrated John Wick (yeah, I said it). Bring it on, movie studio!

Finally somebody that agrees. I thought John Wick was dreadful! Just gratuitous action scene after another. Absolutely loved the first Reacher, and I disagree with EF, I think Cruise made this role his own. It helps I have never read the books of course, so I don't have to contend with a preconceived notion of Reacher.

Back