Display help - lighting & sealing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keyser

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I have a 2 part question about lighting and sealing a display cabinet. Thoughts & ideas are most welcome. :)

I have this curio cabinet that I pulled out of my moms estate after her passing.

I purchased some 1/4 thick sponge "window" foam to seal the door but it appears to be to thick for a strong magnet connection to keep the door closed. I also hve a small gap @ the top/bottom of the front door but hve not tried to seal it yet.

What is good to use to help seal the door?

Lightning-each section (top/bottom) has a light fixture but I understand that LED is better for the collectibles.

Is there a simple "ribbon" LED strip I can use inside the 2 front doors or shld I replace the fixture in each section w/1 LED?

It is my 1st crack @ a display so sorry 4 the newbie questions. Any thoughts, advice, links to suggested hardware, ect are most appreciated. :)

As far as sealing that cabinet goes, those types tend to do very well even without seals! The Ikea units are notorious for large gaps, and that lets in dust.

Do you have a shot with the door open? Is there a lip?

Back