PJC's Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJC618

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I grew up collecting comics in the late 80's and early 90's and although I don't really collect anymore, I recently started collecting statues and some 1/6th scale figures. A friend of mine had shown me a picture of someone's Captain America Hot Toys display and I thought it looked great. It gave me the idea to pick up a few pieces related to characters I like, but like many of you, this hobby can really take over if you let it! I started in May of 2015.

Due to space issues, I'm trying to be selective about what I add to the collection, but I'll post updates here as it grows. This past weekend I finally set up my display (although some items are still in storage). I went with two medium size Besta's with two strips of multicolor Dioder lights in each compartment. I just read that the Tombo type doors are potentially coming back, but I decided to go with the Glassvik doors anyway. I think the black border adds a little class to the display IMHO.

I had purchased the Stubbarp legs for the Besta but the units are set up on carpeting and felt a little shaky on the legs, so for now, the units are flat on the floor until I can add legs and secure them to the wall.

Pictures to follow as the collection grows.

My first purchases in May 2015 were the Iron Man MK3 and MK3 Diorama as well as the Avengers Captain America. Later on added Thor and the big guy:

IMG_3378C.jpg

IMG_3380C.jpg

IMG_3381C.jpg

IMG_3382C.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

My favorite comic growing up were always the Uncanny X-Men and Wolverine was my favorite character. Due to space limitations I decided to say in 1/6th scale for the X-Men and picked up these Kotobukiya pieces. I have the new Sideshow 1/4 Wolverine PF on order and contemplating the Dark Phoenix. Thanks to forum members Mighty Galactus and Soulfly26 for Magneto and Psylocke respectively. Still looking to add a Colossus and Gambit in the near future:

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

IMG_3364.jpg

IMG_3374C.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

IMG_3389C.jpg

IMG_3391C.jpg

IMG_3392C.jpg

Next up is Medieval Spawn and the Kotobukiya Venom. I was really impressed with the Spawn statue. the detailing is amazing for a 1/6th scale. Comes with two switchable weapons and a second unmasked portrait. Also included is a hand signed COA by Todd McFarlane. I was really happy with this piece:

IMG_3358.jpg

IMG_3383C.jpg

IMG_3387C.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3361.jpg

IMG_338BC.jpg

I had the SSC Batman on order but after seeing how the final production Modern Batman turned out, I decided to cancel the SSC Batman and order the Modern. Although they are both great pieces, I always identified with the Modern Bats as its closer to what I remember in the comics:

IMG_3394C.jpg

IMG_3395C.jpg

IMG_3398C.jpg

Back