David Bowie auditioned for LotR for the part of...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He could have been a good choice at the time, he looks kind of elf-like.

Then again, regardless of acting job, it would be a little distracting and might take the viewer out of the film.

Pretty old news. In the original DVD commentaries Jackson said he considered Bowie but ultimately decided he was too old to play an ageless elf. Labyrinth Bowie would have been perfect.

I imagine he could have done a good job, but if Jackson really wanted unknowns, he obviously couldn't have gone that route.

Pretty old news. In the original DVD commentaries Jackson said he considered Bowie but ultimately decided he was too old to play an ageless elf. Labyrinth Bowie would have been perfect.
I'm no LOTR expert, but if they're ageless, why would being 30-something like Weaving make anymore sense than a guy looking 50-something? Both represent an age. Are elfs supposedly born as fully grown adults who don't get many wrinkles?

CaptainAmerica.gif

I imagine he could have done a good job, but if Jackson really wanted unknowns, he obviously couldn't have gone that route.

I'm no LOTR expert, but if they're ageless, why would being 30-something like Weaving make anymore sense than a guy looking 50-something? Both represent an age. Are elfs supposedly born as fully grown adults who don't get many wrinkles?

Hugo Weaving was only in his 30s? Yikes.

Back