The Why You Purchased Darkness Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Made YOU Purchase Darkness?

• I have ALWAYS been a Legend fan

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • I LOVE the character design

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • OTHER: Low ES, Collectibility, Etc

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

LOTRFan

The Grey Pilgrim
Reaction score
I am curious as to know what attracted you to this piece. The Production Blog information was incredible, a three-year process in bringing this amazing piece to light :bow ; but I can't help wonder what is your personal interest in the figure.

I am not at all questioning the merit of this statue, it is INCREDIBLE! This poll shouldn't be taken at all as a slight on the figure, but more a question of inspiration.

Do we have some real die-hard Legend fans here? Or are most of you drawn to the sculpt itself? I enjoyed the film back when, and Ridley Scott rules - I am surprised at the general interest though.

Say on.

carbo-fation said:

That would be the third option then. :D

Some have suggested that this might be the "Doom" of 07. It is too early to tell without an established ES for the exclusive, but I am sure it will be a force to be reckoned with.

Always loved the character...back in the days,when i collected mcfarlane stuff, i had bought his figure in the movie maniac 5 line, a year ago, i bought the sota 20'' figure(but broke it)..I think this is the definite Darkness figure.

Well, I actually saw legend for the first time two weeks ago and I liked it. I am pretty sure if I had seen it when I was younger, I would have more impressed. Darkness is kind of scary but I still ordered it partially because of option 2, but mainly because of option 3.:D

Hmm...

It's a nice exclusive, but the TBD edition size means that there will be plenty to go around. Everybody who wants one will get one, and demand has to be far greater than supply in order for an item to go through the roof on the secondary market. Profiteers must be cursing the TBD on this one.

I voted that I got it cause I like the design. I had never seen Legend until last year. I had owned the dvd for a couple years and had meant to watch it but never got around to it. After having seen the film I love the character, plus I have been a fan of Tim Curry ever since he freaked me out as Pennywise.

Well, I didn't buy it, but I love the character design. It was very special and fearsome at the time in the movie, and it still is! I think this PF really does the character credit. It looks awesome. And even if the exclusive seams a bit strange at first, it perfectly fits to the character. One of Sideshows finest works IMO.

I love the character. I voted: the character design. I love the bust but I can't afford it BUT I can manage this PF figure. It's awesome!

Character design. I saw this movie when it first came out and always thought he was very cool looking (not to mention I'm a big Tim Curry fan). I don't have any other representations of this character in my collection, and this just seemed to be the ultimate one.

lcummins said:
I've always been a Legend fan AND I love the character design... can I pick two options?

Same here Lonnie....voted for Legend fan, but the Darkness character design is an integral reason why I like the movie so much.

I've always been a fan of the movie and the character design is AWESOME.

The movie is just a visual feast. Everything, except the somewhat weak plot, was great about this movie.

Plus the fact that Tim Curry rules!! :rock

I loved this movie as a kid and revisited it as a teen. The character just stuck in my mind. Darkness... and that voice... Tim Curry at his best... Insane design... You can't forget it.

I have been holding out for an affordable statue or figure that was the nicest I could have on the shelf, I really wanted the bust... but it's too pricey... so this statue is perfect for me. Had to have it.

My mom would send me to therapy if she saw this displayed on my desk. :monkey1 , My dad would praise me if he saw the white queen statue on my desk.. :rotfl

Back