The Godfather : The Complete Epic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushmore223

Super Freak
Reaction score
All 3 films presented as one, told in chronological order with deleted scenes reinstated, I never knew this existed til I came across it on HBO today. It runs 7 hours 10 minutes, but the running time of all 3 movies is well over 9 hours when watched individually. I watched some of it and noticed several scenes which were either deleted or forgotten by me, but since I didn't have time to watch the whole thing, I was wondering what got excised, since over 2 hours of material is missing.

Anybody else see this? Is this version worth watching or should you only watch the individual films?

Just curious what the people on this board think of it.

All 3 films presented as one, told in chronological order with deleted scenes reinstated, I never knew this existed til I came across it on HBO today. It runs 7 hours 10 minutes, but the running time of all 3 movies is well over 9 hours when watched individually. I watched some of it and noticed several scenes which were either deleted or forgotten by me, but since I didn't have time to watch the whole thing, I was wondering what got excised, since over 2 hours of material is missing.

Anybody else see this? Is this version worth watching or should you only watch the individual films?

Just curious what the people on this board think of it.

It's only the first two movies, and I read that there's like 75 minutes of footage exclusive to this version. I'm watching it right now. So far, Deniro's arc is over. No way I watch it all at once, but it's really cool to see the saga of the Corleone family in chronological order, and it actually works surprisingly well. Like you, I never knew this existed until I saw a thread about it on the Blu-Ray forums earlier today. From what I understand, this was the only way it aired on TV in the late '70s and early '80s.

I love the first two films but I ignore part 3 exists.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's only the first two movies, and I read that there's like 75 minutes of footage exclusive to this version. I'm watching it right now. So far, Deniro's arc is over. No way I watch it all at once, but it's really cool to see the saga of the Corleone family in chronological order, and it actually works surprisingly well. Like you, I never knew this existed until I saw a thread about it on the Blu-Ray forums earlier today. From what I understand, this was the only way it aired on TV in the late '70s and early '80s.

Oh that version...but there was another version that came out in the early 90's on VHS, and it includes all 3 films as one.

Its on HBO? Maybe I will finally watch these for the first time.

*waits for confused/mocking/shocked/head-shaking gifs*

HBO Go has it, and so should HBO Now, but bear in mind that it's two long movies edited into an even longer movie that's...well, over seven hours long. It's a cool experience to see the whole story from the beginning (Vito Corleone's childhood and youth is told in flashback in The Godfather Part II, whereas, here, it starts the movie), but, like I said, 7 hours is a hefty run time. If you do decide to watch it this way, don't let it scare you off.:lol

I'd recommend watching the individual films before watching a super cut. The editing in Godfather II between the De Niro Vito and Michael Corleone segments is perfection and is not to be missed.

Besides, the pacing of especially the first two movies is pitch perfect and should be experienced before getting into a different version of the films.

it was done extremely well IMHO...great chronological film

Back