The INDIANA JONES Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Since the ALIENS thread began almost a year ago, a lot of amazing things have happened...especially tomorrow!

So, in keeping with the "good luck" these threads may hold, I was inspired to start a general topic thread... inspired tonight by Indiana Fett's new sig which includes a pledge of hope for INDIANA JONES 1/6th and PF display items.

With the movie officially announced, and SDCC coming soon, this is as good a time as any to really get this "Indy Chant" going...

And I personally hope that Sideshow starts off a 1/6th line with the movie that started it all...THE greatest Indy adventure of them all...

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

Here's the post that got this going:

Indiana Fett said:
Thanks Wor-Gar, After seeing no SS Indy items announced at ToyFair2007, I felt it was time to kick my 'pledge' into high gear with a full-fledged banner! I've altered it slightly now to include the 'Civil War' thing...keep it topical amongst my fellow freaks on the board! Glad to see you joining in for the pledge...you've been one of my greatest supporters since day one, but with your avatar, I'd expect nothing less!

Let's keep our fingers crossed for that announcement at SDCC...If I'm not mistaken, SS did mention that a new licence will be announced this summer...July 1st is Indy's birthday...May 22nd is the ONE year until Indy IV mark...Man, It just seems like such a given...C'mon Sideshow, give me that announcement I've been dying for for years!!! :D

Wor-Gar said:
Since the ALIENS thread began almost a year ago, a lot of amazing things have happened...especially tomorrow!

So, in keeping with the "good luck" these threads may hold, I was inspired to start a general topic thread... inspired tonight by Indiana Fett's new sig which includes a pledge of hope for INDIANA JONES 1/6th and PF display items.

With the movie officially announced, and SDCC coming soon, this is as good a time as any to really get this "Indy Chant" going...

And I personally hope that Sideshow starts off a 1/6th line with the movie that started it all...THE greatest Indy adventure of them all...

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

Couldn't have said it any better myself Wor-Gar! Hope my new sig image inspires EVRYBODY to get on board with the chant! I actually started an "Indy!!!, Indy!!!, Indy!!!" thread last July after Tom's wish for a "Fett!!!, Fett!!!, Fett!!!" PF came true with an announcement. The mods have since moved it to the 'Product License Requests' Forum here:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10316

But hey, no harm in getting a newer, fresher thread going here in the "General Movie/TV Collectibles" forum...and please SS, when you DO make that announcement (and I know you will within the next year :D), please make sure you take Wor-Gar's advice and launch the line with the iconic Indiana Jones from the film that launched that started it all, Raiders of the Lost Ark...

In the meantime, Let's get the ALL-NEW chant going...

Indy!!! Indy!!! Indy!!!

whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif
whip.gif

I'm right there with you guys. Indy 12" figures, PFs and dioramas (Indy fighting the Nazi under the Flying Wing, anyone?). Bring 'em all on!

It's funny...just the other day I was watching The Searchers, which got me to thinking about the John Wayne PF, which got me to thinking how great an Indiana Jones PF would be. Then I realized I should pay attention to the movie. :monkey4

There will definetely be some Indy material by the movie's release that, of that I have no doubt. Can't wait for it though...

Batty said:
It's funny...just the other day I was watching The Searchers, which got me to thinking about the John Wayne PF, which got me to thinking how great an Indiana Jones PF would be. Then I realized I should pay attention to the movie. :monkey4

That is funny. :D Just pray you don't go to watch Indy four and starting thinking what scene would make a good inspiration to a PF and then think back to the John Wayne PF because that would suck.

i need 1/6 indy! im saddened by the sad toys mccoy and toy hunter figs that are available. they really don't do indy any justice at all. I cant wait. While youre at it , how abt a Back to the future thread?

Give us 1/6 -scale Raiders INDY and I'll buy my first Sideshow figure! :rock

1/6 Indiana Jones with whip, pistol, Idol, and Medallion.

1/6 Ark Expansion set.

1/6 Toht with overcoat, folding coathanger, and alternate "melting" head.

1/6 Belloq in white outfit with machine gun and family wine.

1/6 Marian Ravenwood in gown with shotglasses and knife, and snakes. Lots of snakes..

:D

customizerwannabe said:
I have a Molah Ram, Indy, and Map Room Indy from Sovereign Studios and they are really well done. I think he still makes them.

I love his Mola Ram, but never bought one.

I do have one of his Indiana Jones, and let me tell you, that was truly money well-spent! He even gave me one of his newer sculpts, fit the clothes to a sideshow body, and threw in a free medallion!! A truly amazing artist.

indiana79db.jpg

indiana68as.jpg

indiana41te.jpg

indiana20pu.jpg

There is no doubt SSC will get this license IMO. For me ROTLA is THE line to collect and yes, Mikey, environments are a must here...

Congrats to Wor-Gar, Indy and the whole gang for getting this thread rolling!

I have a feeling that if Sideshow does acquire the Indy license, we'll only see product based on the new movie.

Batty said:
I have a feeling that if Sideshow does acquire the Indy license, we'll only see product based on the new movie.

Nah, I figure that since it's another Lucasfilm license, and SS already have the license for Star Wars through LF, and it covers all SIX films AND the E.U., I would imagine a similar license for the world of Indy...Surely both LF and SS know how much collectors would not only want various incarnations of Indy from each film, but also characters like Belloq, Toht, Mola Ram, Short Round and Henry Sr. to name a few...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back