T-1000 guest review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Happy Valentine's day to everyone out there - hopefully you didn't forget your sweetie this year. And if you currently don't have a sweetie, buy yourself something extra nice, like tonight's review - Clanker! The fans of the POTC line from NECA will be happy to know series 3 is now shipping. I passed on Norrington for now, but I couldn't resist Clanker, especially since his base fits in with the rest of the ship deck diorama. He's not perfect, but he ranks up there in the top 3 or 4 figures in the line so far.

The guest review is from Brant Rusch, and covers the cool new Sideshow Terminator figure, the T-1000. You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Well, can't say I cared much for that dude's review. I love T2 though I admit it isn't nearly as good as the original. As far as Fun Factor, I haven't had this much fun playing with my toys in a long time as I am with these Terminators.

Yeah, he should stay away from film reviews too, didn't need that or care for his opinion. As far as the overall review, it's off... paint apps on the face (tone) acceptable, what's that? The paint apps are superb on this figure... reg edition accessory slams weren't fair either, you get the pointed metal finger and the 13 bullet hits, probably the effort alone to deliver this stuff to collectors should have been appreciated more.

I give this review 2 1/2 stars out of 5.

Last edited:
I cancelled my terminator stuff a while back, so I was glad to read a somewhat negative review, taking some of the sting off of cancelling, but the pictures I've seen elsewhere suggest that this is a great figure. Congrats to those who got him.

Heh. I grew up on the original Terminator, and while I didn't think T2 was crappy at all, I thought it was a missed opportunity to go in a really creative direction with the franchise. But that's my age for you all.

I really liked the review, movie opinions aside. It's funny and well written, and pretty honest about the value of the figure.

I guess I'm the opposite on the movie review... I pretty much feel the same way (ducks for cover). I thought it was a pretty hackneyed follow-up, but that Robert Patrick's portrayal was awesome and really saved the movie.

And a quick question... how come John Connor is an adolescent in the second movie? He would have been born in 1985ish, but the second movie, I think takes place in the early 90s (when it was released). Whats up with that... or did I just miss something?

But anyway, thats why I only ordered the T-1000. And I would also tend to agree about the hook arms. I don't think the figure is that bad a value without them... but I sure wouldn't want that version knowing that I could've had the other.

That had to be the worse review I've ever read.

The only part I agreed with was the part about the hook arms. They are a great exclusive but IMO it makes the standard version look pathetic. They should have been released with both versions cause w/o them you are basicly buying a LAPD cop figure. SS also could of just made regular bladed arms for both versions which would of been fine as well. The bullet holes would of been a better exclusive or maybe even the motorcycle helmet.

The thing about the motorcycle helmet is that it's a whole new outfit: striped pants and jacket along with the MPK5 assault rifle and the shades. Basically we need another figure that includes sword arm along with an interchangeable donut hole headsculpt and the SS exclusive would be the stretched hand with the yellow and black stripes when he grabs the rail.

The whole review seems rather juvenile. I don't need to read things like "It sucks" in a review. Sorry.

While yes T1 is the superior film, T2 was a fun ride and pushed movie fx to the next level. They wanted to use a T1000 type character in T1 and got the chance. T3 was a cash in that while entertaining, brought nothing to the table.

Well, in regards to the accessories and the price, he said some reasonable things. Glad someone doesn't look though the SSC goggles all the time. I think it's good to read/hear an other opinion. When I have the figure in hand, I make up my own opinion anyway.

That was a truly awful review.
I didn't need a lengthy description on the Terminator films (which I clearly disagree with), the guy graded on a 5 star scale, all Michael's reviews are on a 4 star scale (has he ever read a review on the site?), the box is much better then no stars, paint on this figure is exceptional, the guy didn't even examine the figure to understand how the magnets are used, the magnets are a truly brilliant solution, far better then Velcro, he didn't take one photo of the figure with bullet hits applied, called the magazine pouches mace/pepper spray holders (WTF?), called Hot Toys a Japanese company, and the obvious, he was exclusively harsh on the figure.
If this guy hated T-2 so much, why the hell did he buy the figure in the first place? :confused:

I do agree that the hook arms shouldn't have been the exclusive, but even without them you're still getting a great T-1000 figure, not some generic cop figure.

galactiboy said:
And a quick question... how come John Connor is an adolescent in the second movie? He would have been born in 1985ish, but the second movie, I think takes place in the early 90s (when it was released). Whats up with that... or did I just miss something?

while T2 was released in 1991, i think it takes place in 1997.

captain sack said:
while T2 was released in 1991, i think it takes place in 1997.

No, Judgment Day occurs in 1997. I believe T2 takes place in 1995, two years before the war. John is roughly 10 years old, putting his birthdate in 1985 (which syncs up with T1).

For confirmation (and to make sure my memory is correct), watch the movie and pay attention to John's "rap sheet" that the T-1000 brings up in the cop car right after his arrival.

Now, here's the big question...if Judgment Day takes place 2 years after T2, then how the heck does John go from 10 years old to Nick Stahl's age in T3 (unless T3 explained a HUGE delay in Skynet's takeover...never watched all of T3).

Sith Lord 0498 said:
No, Judgment Day occurs in 1997. I believe T2 takes place in 1995, two years before the war. John is roughly 10 years old, putting his birthdate in 1985 (which syncs up with T1).

For confirmation (and to make sure my memory is correct), watch the movie and pay attention to John's "rap sheet" that the T-1000 brings up in the cop car right after his arrival.

Now, here's the big question...if Judgment Day takes place 2 years after T2, then how the heck does John go from 10 years old to Nick Stahl's age in T3 (unless T3 explained a HUGE delay in Skynet's takeover...never watched all of T3).
Good point, I never thought of that.
Maybe the events of T-2 put off Judgment day for several years?

So John is supposed to be 10 in that movie, better than 6, but still no way. I'd say 13 at the youngest. But then that T3 business is way off. I wonder why they'd overlook something like that?!?

Sith Lord 0498 said:
No, Judgment Day occurs in 1997. I believe T2 takes place in 1995, two years before the war.

yea, you're right, T2 is in 1995 so john would be 10.

and the events of T2 delayed judgement day to 2004. and john would be 19 or 20 in T3.

here is a terminator timeline i found....

https://www.terminatorfiles.com/saga_timeline.htm

Back