Creature all but confirmed...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
From today's "Ask Sideshow" feature...

Ask Sideshow said:
SSC: We currently don’t have any new 12-inch Classic Monsters planned, but we do have more Premium Format Monsters in the works. The Classic Monsters are near-and-dear to our hearts – and it’s still one of the development team’s favorite licenses. One of our development guys hinted at a PF Creature from the Black Lagoon a while back – and while we’re still not ready to announce anything quite yet, we’re not going to try and deny it! SSE Bride of Frank? All we can say is keep watching the Sideshow newsletters to find out if/when we will be offering the Silver Screen edition of Frankenstein's blushing bride. Plus, we have a few more life-size Monster busts in the works as well!

Thars gonna be one awesome PF, thats for sure!!!

This will make lots of people VERY happy.

Considering the fact that Creature From the Black Lagoon was shown theatrically in 3D (and I actually went to a screening a couple years back!), a three dimensional statue would be particularly appropriate. Maybe the exclusive will be red and blue glasses. ;)

Khev said:
Considering the fact that Creature From the Black Lagoon was shown theatrically in 3D (and I actually went to a screening a couple years back!), a three dimensional statue would be particularly appropriate. Maybe the exclusive will be red and blue glasses. ;)

I'm hoping the exclusive will be the fossilized Creature hand on a little pedestal with display case!!! I can dream can't I!!!! :D

lcummins said:
I'm hoping the exclusive will be the fossilized Creature hand on a little pedestal with display case!!! I can dream can't I!!!! :D
That would be a great item. Have any of the Universal Monsters had exclusives?

They haven't HAD any exclusives, they've just BEEN exclusives! :D I am all over this PF when it's offered. I could kill (KILL, I tell ya!) myself for selling my 1/6 Creature a couple of years ago. Stupid stupid stupid stupid. Oh, well, being able to own a PF of it will more than make up for it! :chew

choopie said:
Sweet!! Perhaps Sideshow will reveal at SDCC.
Nooooooooooooooo that's way too long! Tonights news letter or bust! I'm impatient, this would be the best damn PF ever! Pose him with Luke in Dagobah with the swampy bases and you're good!

This is good News, But we may have to wait a bit. As I just found this posting over at the Univeral Monster Army Board.

Hi everyone,

I just spoke with my rep at Sideshow regarding an update on when the 1/4 scale
Brides of Frank are expected. There was a supply of them that came through on a
retail level a short time ago, but the remaining shipment of these being
provided at wholesale to dealers is coming in by end of next week. That will
mean retailers will start receiving them by May 11th or thereabouts. I'll email
those off list who "pre-ordered" one as soon as they arrive.

I inquired as to what the next 1/4 scale figure will be, imploring her for it
to be the Creature. She said they will definitely be doing the creature but
without giving too much info she said the next piece will be a companion piece
for the Bride. After a bit more prodding, she said it's going to be another
Frankenstein monster, this one molded after Karloff's monster from the Bride of
Frankenstein. I guess that's logical but I could have lived without ANOTHER 1/4
scale Frank. Bring on the Creatch, I say!

Yeah, Bring on the Creature!....and if you are doing a "companion piece" for the creature, PLEASE do a Julie Adams in her swimsuit, sitting down with her arm covering her face, looking away in fear...Sort of like the LOTR pieces of the Morgul Lord and Eowyn....they are meant to go together too!

Back