Metropolis.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GasparZizou

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, I'm watching this for the 1st time, I made a thread because I didn't know where to ask.

Any particular version I should watch? Or any score? I read there are many versions of this since part of the film was lost and it had to be restored, although the original score was replicated, I am avoiding the Moroder version though, because blergh, I've heard snippets and what where they thinking? :lol

Or should I just watch it mute and just listen to whatever I want?

Thanks in advance bros.

moc_metropolis_bd_02.jpg

I would watch the version that came out a few years ago that has all of the missing footage they found restored. It's about three hours in length but its the bees knees.

If it's the blu-ray release (US or UK), i think there's only one score, a 2010 orchestra recording of the original Gottfried Huppertz score. It's presented in both 5.1 and 2.0. The only option i think is whether you want the original German intertitles or the new translated English intertitles.

If it's the blu-ray release (US or UK), i think there's only one score, a 2010 orchestra recording of the original Gottfried Huppertz score. It's presented in both 5.1 and 2.0. The only option i think is whether you want the original German intertitles or the new translated English intertitles.

I thought the Giorgio Moroder 1984 version had been released on Blu as well.

But yes, Kino's 148 minute "The Complete Metropolis" Bluray set is the one to watch. It incorporates the Argentina print footage.

I would watch the version that came out a few years ago that has all of the missing footage they found restored. It's about three hours in length but its the bees knees.
It should be any version after 2008 right? I read that's the year they found the Argentina stuff.

you should watch the version where hopeman turned it into rubble...
He fell for the Man of Murder meme.
200284895-003-young-women-laughing-in-photo-booth.jpg

Dr. Iron should be with you shortly. :lol

Huh?

Oh :lol
Nice, thanks :duff: I definitely will watch that one.

Definitely going for English though. I'm used to reading subtitles, but reading subtitles while there are inter-titles is a bit silly :lol Good thing English is a close relative of German.

I heard it matches up perfectly with "The Wall".

;)
I don't know man, I've heard a couple snippets with various other scores, the more modern with either electronic, rock or otherwise syncopated percussion just feels out of place with the expressionist imagery, one of them was a Pink Floyd score. I think I'm going for the original score.

I thought the Giorgio Moroder 1984 version had been released on Blu as well.

But yes, Kino's 148 minute "The Complete Metropolis" Bluray set is the one to watch. It incorporates the Argentina print footage.
That's 2 then, sorted.

I love the weird dance the girl does. my favorite part. always makes me laugh so much

Back