Master Replicas Plaque Scratch Removal.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMSnell

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi all,

First post here so hi everyone. Long time lurker but never posted before!

I have a Signature Edition MR Ep IV Lightsaber. Accidentally I managed to scratch the plaque in the top left corner, as below.

IMG_7078.jpg

I know that it's small, but these are turning into somewhat valuable collectors items (one of these just sold for £2k!) so I'd like to have it in perfect condition. This gives me a bit of a tough choice.

Do I leave it and not risk further damage, or is there something I can do to remove that scratch? Has anyone else removed a scratch from their MR plaque? I was going to try the same method as removing scratches from acrylic, with some wet and dry paper.

Any help would be appreciated!

Alex.

Hi all,

First post here so hi everyone. Long time lurker but never posted before!

I have a Signature Edition MR Ep IV Lightsaber. Accidentally I managed to scratch the plaque in the top left corner, as below.

View attachment 231810

I know that it's small, but these are turning into somewhat valuable collectors items (one of these just sold for £2k!) so I'd like to have it in perfect condition. This gives me a bit of a tough choice.

Do I leave it and not risk further damage, or is there something I can do to remove that scratch? Has anyone else removed a scratch from their MR plaque? I was going to try the same method as removing scratches from acrylic, with some wet and dry paper.

Any help would be appreciated!

Alex.

I would leave it as it is, but you could ask on RPF like Chris said. Personally I would be more worried about the t-tracks/grips decaying and becoming sticky and gooey.

From experience with brushed stainless and brushed aluminium I would not use sand paper of any kind. You will make a shiny spot. I'd use wire wool but go lightly. I know it's annoying, but honestly I would say it's best left alone. There is a guy on eBay who sells replacement custom plaques and they look great. You could always buy one of those as a back up.

Why don't you have another one made up exactly like that and then it will be in perfect condition.

That is nothing...dont worry about it

Agreed. I can see it getting worse by an attempted repair. I wouldn't fuss over it if I were buying it. The condition of the actual prop replica would be my biggest concern, followed by the condition of the display case. The scratch isn't near the actual signature, & it's very small, so I think you're good.

Yeah I'm going to leave it, cheers guys.

The case actually had a few scratches when I bought this, but I used Xerapol to remove them. The stuff is magic, restored the case to like-new!

Back