eFX - are they actively creating new pieces?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedEyeJedi

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new to the whole high end prop/replica scene, and what with all the Star Wars hype going on I'm finally ready to act on what I've been toying with for years... buying my first item!

I've gathered that Master Replicas were one of king pins in the Star Wars prop/replica game (I have a Force FX Lightsaber whoooo) and now eFX have taken the reigns and continued what MR started.

Are eFX actively creating new replicas/props and is it likely I will see a Lightsaber or similar in the near future? If so, how likely is it that I will pick one up on launch day?

Thanks in advance!:clap

Welcome to the game my friend! Unfortunately, very few people seem to know what's going on at eFX. We get a few (and I mean FEW) updates a couple of times a year from shows. They ARE working on things and release a product (as in ONE) once a year or two. The wait is incredibly long for most pieces, so prepare to wait several years for a particular piece.

In comparison, Master Replicas was on their game. Released several quality products a year, and had them in production while others were being shipped. It was wonderful.

I hope that the Millennium Falcon will be available before I retire.

EFX is like in a state of coma for years. When and if they release their products most the stuff is great quality. There were some QC issues or shipping issues but most got resolved. The main problems remain the huge delays and lack of communication - those are simply killing the fanbase.

EFX is like in a state of coma for years. When and if they release their products most the stuff is great quality. There were some QC issues or shipping issues but most got resolved. The main problems remain the huge delays and lack of communication - those are simply killing the fanbase.

As I said I'm a newbie, but already I am seeing signs of this. I emailed them last week with questions regarding shipping to the UK with still no response. The 'News' section of their website hasn't been updated since 2009 either... doesn't look promising!

Whatever happened to the scout buckets? Did those ever get shipped?

Personally I would love the Efx ESB Luke bucket and Wedge bucket. Kinda sad when you think about it. Hopefully Anovos will get around to doing the rebel pilot buckets, would also be down for a scout bucket.

Hey guys. I'm new to the whole high end prop/replica scene, and what with all the Star Wars hype going on I'm finally ready to act on what I've been toying with for years... buying my first item!

I've gathered that Master Replicas were one of king pins in the Star Wars prop/replica game (I have a Force FX Lightsaber whoooo) and now eFX have taken the reigns and continued what MR started.

Are eFX actively creating new replicas/props and is it likely I will see a Lightsaber or similar in the near future? If so, how likely is it that I will pick one up on launch day?

Thanks in advance!:clap

As you've probably read across the net - and most people have already stated here; eFX have made the hobby totally joyless. Sadly, as Jay1138 said, the MR days were glorious and FUN, and always something to look forward to - but with eFX, it's continual delays, no communication and a sheer disregard for their customers on so many levels.

Be aware of what they're "releasing" and forget about it until it actually (if ever) arrives. NEVER pay for anything upfront with them -EVER!

As JKNO said, the products are great, so maybe track down some older ones BUT MAKE SURE there are zero issues with it as you WILL NEVER get any back-end support from eFX - with anything... even if you have purchased it directly from them. People waited 2 YEARS to have Vader helmets replaced; incomprehensible at every level :slap

Communication with customers ONLY exists when they want your (upfront) money to keep them afloat. There maybe a minor handful of selected people on the entire planet that may refute that; the cherrie-picked, blind-to-all-common-logic, fools that continue to support eFX's shoddy business practices - regardless of how many people get hurt.

As you can tell - I hope they fold ASAP, as they are truly an appalling company - and it's beyond my comprehension how Lucasfilm has tolerated their incompetency, lack of respect for their customers, and total disregard for the Star Wars brand, for as many years as they have.

Back