PDA

View Full Version : Premium Format Kylo Ren

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

SwiftC
12-16-2015, 12:07 PM
Kylo Ren preview is up:

"In celebration of the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens™, Sideshow is excited to announce that one of our first collectibles from the Star Wars™ episode 7 film will be the Kylo-Ren™ Premium Format™ Figure! This Knight of Ren™ from the Star Wars™ universe will be available for Pre-Order in 2016, so keep checking back for updates!"

Thorondor_33
12-16-2015, 12:11 PM
Just saw this on Facebook. So stoked for this one!

myc
12-16-2015, 12:16 PM
I really hope this goes up very soon.. no question I get this.. pose looking good from what I can tell

savageHULK
12-16-2015, 12:17 PM
Preview means full show when?

ambasah
12-16-2015, 12:21 PM
this will be available for pre-order sometime in 2016. It could literally be 12 months from now. And then another year or two before it actually ships.

I would have much preferred the ability to actually pre-order a new statue. It has been quite the drought since fett and vader.

SwiftC
12-16-2015, 12:21 PM
Well, as predicted Sideshow dropped the ball. A mere preview isn't going to help them capitalize on the movie in any way.

On a more personal note, I don't like what we can see of the pose. If the legs are positioned in an interesting way and they raised the right arm a little I might be in. I think this character needs a dramatic, mid-action pose and this looks like they were afraid to fully commit to one. So instead it's a muddled mess. Obviously I can't make a full judgement until we see the full piece but that's my opinion at the moment. What does everyone else think?

iwaboi
12-16-2015, 12:24 PM
Well, as predicted Sideshow dropped the ball. A mere preview isn't going to help them capitalize on the movie in any way.

On a more personal note, I don't like what we can see of the pose. If the legs are positioned in an interesting way and they raised the right arm a little I might be in. I think this character needs a dramatic, mid-action pose and this looks like they were afraid to fully commit to one. So instead it's a muddled mess. Obviously I can't make a full judgement until we see the full piece but that's my opinion at the moment. What does everyone else think?

?? From limited previews of what we've gotten so far from the trailers, I think it's pretty decent. I think people are jumping the gun a little with these characters though, you don't even know if you'll like the guy or not, and I think that's inherently linked to whether people buy the statue, no?

takuGuy
12-16-2015, 12:25 PM
Eh, the pose looks like it was taken straight from the trailers. We've seen promo shots of the Figuarts Kylo in the exact same pose. As far as this character goes this is the most iconic shot of him so far.

I'm in.

wadeit0ut
12-16-2015, 12:28 PM
Sold!

Trengence
12-16-2015, 12:29 PM
Eh, the pose looks like it was taken straight from the trailers. We've seen promo shots of the Figuarts Kylo in the exact same pose. As far as this character goes this is the most iconic shot of him so far.

I'm in.

To be fair the teaser for get turned out to be a completely different fett than the one we ordered, unless this is an actual photo of the piece anything could change. I know wording is a little weird, but if this was an actual 1/4 FIGURE as opposed to statue that would be amaZing

SwiftC
12-16-2015, 12:29 PM
I guess it's just me then. :lol

marsredv6
12-16-2015, 12:44 PM
I think the pose looks pretty good if this is what we get. I'm def in. As a few have said it would have been nice for sideshow to have released a format for us to preorder with the release of the new film.

Gamegod2x
12-16-2015, 12:44 PM
Maybe this is the pose for the premium format? I was looking at the hot toys version.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/products/902538-kylo-ren/lg/star-wars-kylo-ren-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902538-03.jpg

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/products/902538-kylo-ren/lg/star-wars-kylo-ren-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902538-05.jpg

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/products/902538-kylo-ren/lg/star-wars-kylo-ren-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902538-06.jpg

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/products/902538-kylo-ren/lg/star-wars-kylo-ren-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902538-07.jpg

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/products/902538-kylo-ren/lg/star-wars-kylo-ren-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902538-08.jpg

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/products/902538-kylo-ren/lg/star-wars-kylo-ren-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902538-09.jpg

geekjosh
12-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Super pumped!!!

I was hoping they'd at least announce a new PF before the movie premiered.

Last second preview is better than nothing I guess!

Now we wait patiently for PO for this and hopefully a Captain Phasma PF reveal!!!

Python
12-16-2015, 01:21 PM
Can't wait to see the whole thing, glad to see him up!!

WWEJedi
12-16-2015, 01:24 PM
http://static5.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_medium/1513/15139076/2802383-the+rock+finally.jpg

myc
12-16-2015, 01:31 PM
Not quite sure why so many of you getting so excited !?!? it was clear he was coming .... but I would be excited if the PO would be tomorrow.. just a announcement with a bare picture could mean PO date is sometimes in 2016 .. with another year at least to produce it.. so you will have him earliest in 1 1/2 years ...

I would be excited to at least order him this week... not to wait to order him.. thats nothing new

Centurion
12-16-2015, 02:09 PM
Eh, the pose is good. Not great but probably safe. When you've already got Darth Malgus PF and Aayla Secura PF on your shelf, pretty much doing the same thing with their arm (Force choke/push), it doesn't look very original.

I would have liked to see two hands on his lightsaber, maybe in a position ready to strike.

The Mike
12-16-2015, 02:12 PM
Sideshow likes to do the "12 Days" thing around Christmas, I wouldn't be shocked if this was one of those Pre-Orders but the preview is simply to capitalize on the hype train.

SwiftC
12-16-2015, 02:29 PM
Sideshow likes to do the "12 Days" thing around Christmas, I wouldn't be shocked if this was one of those Pre-Orders but the preview is simply to capitalize on the hype train.

I mean, 12 days does technically extend into 2016 but I wouldn't bet on a Kylo Ren pre-order.

myc
12-16-2015, 02:30 PM
why I would love to get this PO'ed during their 12 days of christmas .but they already mentioned in 2016 ...

Collectorcol
12-16-2015, 02:56 PM
'12 Days' will run into 2016.

Last 12 Days had the Endo PF and that has been confirmed as no where near ready for reveal a full year later.

KerotanFrog
12-16-2015, 02:58 PM
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/preview_KyloRenPF.jpg

It's coming! Preorder up in 2016! Sideshow's first TFA announcement is the Premium Format 1/4 scale Kylo Ren figure. Not many details as of yet, but I'm hoping we get a reveal sculpt of Adam Driver and an LED Lightsaber. Those would seal the purchase for me.

Glad to see they're not throwing in the towel just yet. Who else is excited for this?

chaber
12-16-2015, 03:07 PM
Not quite sure why so many of you getting so excited !?!? it was clear he was coming .... but I would be excited if the PO would be tomorrow.. just a announcement with a bare picture could mean PO date is sometimes in 2016 .. with another year at least to produce it.. so you will have him earliest in 1 1/2 years ...

I would be excited to at least order him this week... not to wait to order him.. thats nothing new

Once again, MYC, I am in total agreement with you.
Maybe SS felt compelled to release something after seeing all the negative feedback on the forums.

Tee-Kay
12-16-2015, 03:45 PM
Not really in the premium scale but i would bite if space wasn't an issue. Too much 1/6 coming to even consider it though.

Faora
12-16-2015, 03:58 PM
Once again, MYC, I am in total agreement with you.
Maybe SS felt compelled to release something after seeing all the negative feedback on the forums.

Yayyy PFs!!!! :)

I think these have been planned on for a while. I am sure they will be making plenty of PFs from TFA. PFs are important products for Sideshow, and with Star Wars, it was obvious they would be making them. I never had any doubts not sure why people did. :dunno

It has nothing to do with the bitching on forums. Anyone who thought they wouldn't be making TFA PFs I think was being just way too negative and bitchy. It was sort of a no brainer they would be making PFs.

Happy to see Kylo :) Im sure Captain Phasma will be shown soon too. BB-8 and the different Troopers I'm sure not too far behind either.

I agree they won't be released for a while though because these take a lot of time to make and produce. And thats fine. Honestly would love if they took a while anyway because its going to be expensive just keeping up with all the HTs releases. I probably won't be able to afford PFs but I still enjoy seeing them :)

I would love if they made Rey and BB-8 together, but it would be soooo expensive im sure.

dmpsk8
12-16-2015, 04:01 PM
I'm excited to see full reveal pics! Hoping we don't have to wait toooooooooo long

Gipetto0812
12-16-2015, 04:09 PM
if the movie is good and I like the character then I'll probably PO if there's an EX. If it's like the Vader PF then I'll wait

SwiftC
12-16-2015, 04:17 PM
Yayyy PFs!!!! :)

I think these have been planned on for a while. I am sure they will be making plenty of PFs from TFA. PFs are important products for Sideshow, and with Star Wars, it was obvious they would be making them. I never had any doubts not sure why people did. :dunno

It has nothing to do with the bitching on forums. Anyone who thought they wouldn't be making TFA PFs I think was being just way too negative and bitchy. It was sort of a no brainer they would be making PFs.

Happy to see Kylo :) Im sure Captain Phasma will be shown soon too. BB-8 and the different Troopers I'm sure not too far behind either.

I agree they won't be released for a while though because these take a lot of time to make and produce. And thats fine. Honestly would love if they took a while anyway because its going to be expensive just keeping up with all the HTs releases. I probably won't be able to afford PFs but I still enjoy seeing them :)

I would love if they made Rey and BB-8 together, but it would be soooo expensive im sure.

No one thought that they weren't going to make some. The problem is that they're WAY behind the 8 ball on this. They've taken forever and they still haven't given us anything. Even this announcement was a whole lot of nothing, since they all but explicitly told us Kylo was coming first. They need to get a pre-order up. You call it "bitchy," I call it reasonably disappointed customers.

Why do the high end collectible companys with the Star Wars license waste it? Between Sideshow and EFX both failing to produce products in a timely manner it's sucking a lot of the fun out of collecting for me. I wish they'd get it together.

geisT
12-16-2015, 04:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0XDVEqeHwgC_YA ...fall 2017...:cuckoo:
ediT.

wadeit0ut
12-16-2015, 04:46 PM
Possibly going to be my favorite SW character of all time. Take all of my money.

Unknown Hero
12-16-2015, 04:59 PM
Hope this is out before Episode 8!

Trengence
12-16-2015, 05:32 PM
No one thought that they weren't going to make some. The problem is that they're WAY behind the 8 ball on this. They've taken forever and they still haven't given us anything. Even this announcement was a whole lot of nothing, since they all but explicitly told us Kylo was coming first. They need to get a pre-order up. You call it "bitchy," I call it reasonably disappointed customers.

Why do the high end collectible companys with the Star Wars license waste it? Between Sideshow and EFX both failing to produce products in a timely manner it's sucking a lot of the fun out of collecting for me. I wish they'd get it together.

We keep buying their product, even though it's delayed or out late, and as long as we keep buying sideshow (and hot toys, wether you like it or not, they aren't much better) products, that don't owe us a damn thing. Of you really haveproblem with the company, do what I did with EA years ago, and stop buying the product. Vote with your wallet if it bothers you that much.

SwiftC
12-16-2015, 05:59 PM
We keep buying their product, even though it's delayed or out late, and as long as we keep buying sideshow (and hot toys, wether you like it or not, they aren't much better) products, that don't owe us a damn thing. Of you really haveproblem with the company, do what I did with EA years ago, and stop buying the product. Vote with your wallet if it bothers you that much.

How is Hot Toys not much better? Look how many pieces they've got coming out. If I collected 1/6th I'd be ecstatic.

KerotanFrog
12-16-2015, 06:09 PM
I'm starting to think it might be mine too. And I haven't even seen the movie yet. Everything I've heard and read is making me think so.

Josh-A-Tron
12-16-2015, 06:11 PM
[emoji38] I go into a Star Wars Thread with a bunch of people complaining about no SWTFA announcements with a SWTFA announcement and that starts a thread with a bunch people complaining about no SWTFA awakens POs

I love it.

SwiftC
12-16-2015, 06:15 PM
I don't think that's a fair characterization. I've been saying all along this needed to be a pre-order since we already knew a Kylo PF was coming. They announced something already announced but threw in a picture. And yeah, we're complaining about the lack of announcements. You know why? Because there's been a lack of announcements.

choopie
12-16-2015, 06:32 PM
If I was the head of this company I would be disappointed to click on their "Buy from Sideshow" link and find nothing but HT SW preorders. Unless that's their game plan. They've become more of a distributor for other companies than making their own products and they seem to be OK with that.

Trengence
12-16-2015, 06:50 PM
How is Hot Toys not much better? Look how many pieces they've got coming out. If I collected 1/6th I'd be ecstatic.
They've had previews and reveals for figures in February that we still don't have in our hands. Why does hot toys get a pass for having a figure up for pre-order for almost a year, and sideshow not show off anything until closer to release? The Space trooper was a celebration exclusive, and we are just getting it now 8 months later. Hot toys isn't much better than SSC in their preview/release schedule. When did HT Vader go up for pre-order again? What about their 1/4 Vader or trooper figure? No news since SDCC, where's the outcry?

savageHULK
12-16-2015, 06:52 PM
I think this piece needs to push something else back in order to prioritize this...

I want this in hand ASAP. Haha. Hope it turns out well, that's the main concern. It will be my first Star Wars piece. (Possibly my last pending on price)

WhisperCloud
12-16-2015, 07:25 PM
Same here waiting to see the movie then will think about getting him or not.

The Mike
12-16-2015, 07:45 PM
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/star-wars-statues-props-etc-/165086-kylo-ren.html

Abrissbirne
12-16-2015, 07:51 PM
He was so cool that i consider getting both the PF and the 1:6

Medusoid
12-16-2015, 07:59 PM
I hope it comes with an unmasked portrait. It's the main reason why I didn't order the Hot Toys figure.

Kicksplode
12-16-2015, 08:06 PM
Looks promising, but I'm going to hold out hope that they resurrect the Mythos line eventually and do a statue in that scale. Not even having seen the movie yet, he seems like a perfect character for that treatment.

Abrissbirne
12-16-2015, 08:08 PM
Looks promising, but I'm going to hold out hope that they resurrect the Mythos line eventually and do a statue in that scale. Not even having seen the movie yet, he seems like a perfect character for that treatment.

Obviously i dont want to spoiler, just want to let you know that he is ****ing B A D A S S. Seriously so much better than basically all other villains yet. He rivals Vader in my book.

Kicksplode
12-16-2015, 08:45 PM
If I feel that strongly about him I may end up breaking down and getting the Hot Toys figure to tide me over for now.

KerotanFrog
12-16-2015, 09:20 PM
I was just thinking how even though I'm excited that this was announced, I'm wondering if a Hot Toys 1/4 Kylo Ren would be even better. Especially after seeing Boba Fett and the Vader prototype.. And it's Hot Toys. :lol

Uncle Bingo
12-16-2015, 09:27 PM
SS really dropped the ball not having this up for order on Force Friday when everyone else thats relevant had products ready to go, or at least up for order. I will be ordering this because its my favorite TFA character, but thanks to SS taking their sweet time on this, I will be waiting until other items I've decided to order while waiting for this have shipped. This more than likely won't be shipping until 2017-2018 anyways.

Faora
12-16-2015, 11:25 PM
then go get a job at sideshow and see how easy it is to make something and put it out for sale. or one better start your own company and see how easy it is then. why bother collecting if you complain about everything? sculpts, clothing, price, delivery dates, etc etc... you take the fun out of it yourselves by complaining so much. try to enjoy something. anything. so u have to wait for things? cry me a river. the way i see it if i luv a character ill buy it today or 10 years from now. if u only buy because of hype how do u even enjoy anything? does that mean you wont buy a New hope C-3PO because it wasnt made in 1977? i mean they cant make them overnight, its a lonnnnnng process i am sure and i have no clue what it would be like from start to finish to get just 1 item produced at their level. and they make tons of stuff all year, every year. so unless u work there none of u have a clue what its like to produce something and mass market produce it.

like i said try doing it yourself or get a job there if u think u can do better. but u wont do any better i am sure of that. xx

dao2
12-16-2015, 11:32 PM
like i said try doing it yourself or get a job there if u think u can do better. but u wont do any better i am sure of that. xx

That argument is made a lot, but it's pointless. If everyone did this there would never be a market for anything. Same thing gets said about reviewers. "Oh they shouldn't review cause they can't make things themselves". Just because you can't do something doesn't mean you can't have a fine appreciation of it, as a matter of fact they are in a better position to provide criticism of it. Especially as everything they make is aimed at appealing to those self same people, this isn't personal artwork. Businesses NEED customers, but those customers don't need those businesses and they are entitled to think whatever they want. Being a half decent human being is part of it as nobody likes a straight up **** but the "you can't do **** as good so just stfu" argument is old tired and dumb :|

Josh-A-Tron
12-17-2015, 12:15 AM
I don't think that's a fair characterization. I've been saying all along this needed to be a pre-order since we already knew a Kylo PF was coming. They announced something already announced but threw in a picture. And yeah, we're complaining about the lack of announcements. You know why? Because there's been a lack of announcements.

If I was the head of this company I would be disappointed to click on their "Buy from Sideshow" link and find nothing but HT SW preorders. Unless that's their game plan. They've become more of a distributor for other companies than making their own products and they seem to be OK with that.

SS really dropped the ball not having this up for order on Force Friday when everyone else thats relevant had products ready to go, or at least up for order. I will be ordering this because its my favorite TFA character, but thanks to SS taking their sweet time on this, I will be waiting until other items I've decided to order while waiting for this have shipped. This more than likely won't be shipping until 2017-2018 anyways.
And what if the movie sucks? Would you as a business rather a. Wait until the film is released and a hit and then make multiple statue announcements or b. Put up multiple POs for products not knowing and get stuck...Jango Fett anyone? Its a hell of a lot smarter to wait and make products after than it is to jump the gun, especially on products that are between $400 and $500 a piece.

Besides, if its a hit its not like its going anywhere. Its Star Wars. More than likely if you like it today, you like it a year from now.

And saying they are more a distibutor now is ignoring the fact that actually are putting out more products across different licenses now than they ever have before. Berween PFs, 1/6th figures, life size busts, maquettes etc. They make a ton of product.

All that being said. I hope these turn out good for you guys.

Iam_Dabatman
12-17-2015, 12:48 AM
Might be wiser for everybody to wait, indeed. Not only to know what the movie and characters are like, but to be able to reveal more accessories without spoiling anything also.

After seeing the movie yesterday:

I am not sure I want a Kylo Ren figure anymore. And I think people who bought Phasma figures might be gutted. I am glad I held on, anyway.

boomix
12-17-2015, 12:52 AM
is this a statue? all their premium format stuff are statues right?

Medusoid
12-17-2015, 02:58 AM
is this a statue? all their premium format stuff are statues right?

Correct.

egel
12-17-2015, 05:07 AM
A lot of negative comments on SS site too. I thought Sideshow deleted negative comments, or do they only do that on product pages?

HammitChris
12-17-2015, 05:07 AM
I hope they include the snow base and an unmasked Kylo for this...that would be awesome!

takuGuy
12-17-2015, 05:34 AM
I hope they include the snow base and an unmasked Kylo for this...that would be awesome!

I'm willing to bet the EX will be an unmasked Kylo.

Faora
12-17-2015, 08:19 AM
That argument is made a lot, but it's pointless. If everyone did this there would never be a market for anything. Same thing gets said about reviewers. "Oh they shouldn't review cause they can't make things themselves". Just because you can't do something doesn't mean you can't have a fine appreciation of it, as a matter of fact they are in a better position to provide criticism of it. Especially as everything they make is aimed at appealing to those self same people, this isn't personal artwork. Businesses NEED customers, but those customers don't need those businesses and they are entitled to think whatever they want. Being a half decent human being is part of it as nobody likes a straight up **** but the "you can't do **** as good so just stfu" argument is old tired and dumb :|

Yah but its also pointless to criticize them for not releasing a PF earlier because we do not know the process it takes to create these. They may not have been able to even sculpt it because they needed permission, and once they get the license we have no idea how long it takes to sculpt and make it. People complain about this all the time but you have to be somewhat realistic and realize they are working hard and they know the process. We don't. Look at QMx and their Firefly figure. been almost 2 years and they have had a lot of problems. And I don't think SSC showing Kylo as the first PF now is late in the game by any means. the movie is just being released this week. JUST THIS WEEK! How is that late? Makes no sense? Yah Hasbro and HTs and other companies released figures earlier, some might say even too early. But the movie comes out this week, how is that late?

And even if the first PF didnt show up a year from now I would still love it and buy if i have the $$ because I love Star Wars. Just seems like an odd mentality that you would only buy something if its released right away. But I know most people don't even do that, some people just like to say it to let off steam or something.

Anyway, I am sorry if i was coming off bitchy. I don't post much, i was just getting irritated people complaining they are releasing this late. I just don't agree with that at all.
xx

dao2
12-17-2015, 09:04 AM
Yah but its also pointless to criticize them for not releasing a PF earlier because we do not know the process it takes to create these. They may not have been able to even sculpt it because they needed permission, and once they get the license we have no idea how long it takes to sculpt and make it. People complain about this all the time but you have to be somewhat realistic and realize they are working hard and they know the process. We don't. Look at QMx and their Firefly figure. been almost 2 years and they have had a lot of problems. And I don't think SSC showing Kylo as the first PF now is late in the game by any means. the movie is just being released this week. JUST THIS WEEK! How is that late? Makes no sense? Yah Hasbro and HTs and other companies released figures earlier, some might say even too early. But the movie comes out this week, how is that late?

And even if the first PF didnt show up a year from now I would still love it and buy if i have the $$ because I love Star Wars. Just seems like an odd mentality that you would only buy something if its released right away. But I know most people don't even do that, some people just like to say it to let off steam or something.

Anyway, I am sorry if i was coming off bitchy. I don't post much, i was just getting irritated people complaining they are releasing this late. I just don't agree with that at all.
xx

I don't think it is pointless. I'm fine with them not releasing it tbh, I sure as **** don't want to PO anything before seeing the movie. However it's not like SS is the only game in town, if they were fine ok you're right we don't know the entire process. But HT has not only showed, but POed and SHIPPED some TFA stuff already. So a measuring stick exists to tell that SS are **** slow. Sculpts also really don't take that long :P If you were working on a sculpt full time you could finish the initial sculpt in a week easy.

They take longer as there is a lot and back and forth on this stuff but that's more SS' internal crap than the actual sculpting. And they don't just start sculpting, they'll take concepts to get them approved first. And it is possible they didn't get approval for this stuff, but like I said they aren't the only game in town. When they are a huge company and others are running circles around them it's pretty clear that SS is the issue here. And it's not like they have an amazing track record with releasing SW PFs in a timely matter. We get like 1 new one a year, two if we're lucky (not including rereleases). So it's not just that SS are slow, it's that they are SLOWER then their peers in the industry. Among other problems :|

I do agree with you that I think buying into the hype is wrong. Whenever I see people say "oh it's been too long I'm no longer interested" to me it means "I didn't really care in the first place and I jumped on the hype train". Which I have done before, but it wasn't "oh the wait made me disinterested" more like "the wait made me realize that I really don't care that much about this". However there is a thing to be said for being timely. I don't WANT to wait forever. I'm willing to wait, but SS is pretty slow. And what if another company is going to put out something similar and I don't want both. I don't know which one will be better, and since they aren't going to be shown/released at the same time I can't buy them. The one that came first may not be readily available later, and it might have a better production job or pose etc.

An example being Fallout 4. I'm a huge Fallout fan, and I love the new Fallout. Is it as good as the originals? No not really, but the universe and all is still amazing. And for the most part I like what they did with power armor. And I've always wanted a some power armor statues. The only one previously was some crappy small thing that came with a collectors edition of the old BOS game in europe. Now threea is coming out with some 1/6th suits, I like them and want them. But what I would really prefer is some 1/4th scale statues, and gaming heads has the license or fallout (maybe not for statues, but they do for skyrim) and it would be great to hear from them if they are gonna do it or not. Cause threea stuff can get stupid expensive later so I'm not willing to wait forever to see if GH is gonna do it.

I did notice you don't post much, and I don't mean to be mean. You don't come off too bitchy, I just hate that argument cause it's always used and never relevant.

Don't like that meal you just ate? Well **** off go cook you're own.
Don't like that car? Well **** off and engineer your own.
Don't like that plane ride you just took? Well **** off and buy your own.
That computer you bought only half the specs it was advertised at? Well **** off and build your own.
Have some issue with a film? Well **** off and make your own.

The whole point of a consumer economy is that you want things that you can't or won't always necessarily do yourself! :P

Faora
12-17-2015, 10:16 AM
ya i guess it never bothered me that SSC is say a little slower. I never really thought about it until i saw people complain about it. I was always excited to see the PFs and figures they put out, no matter when or where. A license like Star Wars I am happy whenever anyone makes something i like and I want to buy it. Theres so much Star Wars stuff to collect, its never a dull moment really. Fallout 4 yah that i can see maybe is more crucial to get something out when its popular. But Star Wars to me is different. Marvel and DC are different. They constantly are making collectibles to buy. If your only buying PFs or 1/6 then yah, sometimes you have to wait a bit, but personally it never bothered me.

After thinking about what we talked about today, i personally find it odd to collect based on hype, but i realize we all collect differently, right? I just don't like to collect like that. I buy what I love whenever it comes out. I don't buy something just because its new. As much as I love Black Widow, I don't buy her because I love Star Wars more and I save my $$ for Star Wars. I can't have everything and I accept that. I see a lot of people buying things just because they are new and they don't really care about the character or movie that much. I saw the other day someone post in the BvS thread "I dont really want to see the movie, but Ill be buying Batman". i just find that kinda strange.

Or If you look at the classified section on this site, there is so much stuff people are selling and a lot of it is new stuff that just got released like a few weeks ago or even sooner. And sometimes they aren't even making profits off their sales, they sell below what they paid which i know is the risk you take trying to sell something. So I think to myself, why did you buy it in the first place if your just going to sell it the second you get it? I think sometimes people get caught up in hype, or get jealous of others for having something. idk, I dont know what it is?

Its sometime funny to see the way people collect. :)

dao2
12-17-2015, 10:34 AM
ya i guess it never bothered me that SSC is say a little slower. I never really thought about it until i saw people complain about it. I was always excited to see the PFs and figures they put out, no matter when or where. A license like Star Wars I am happy whenever anyone makes something i like and I want to buy it. Theres so much Star Wars stuff to collect, its never a dull moment really. Fallout 4 yah that i can see maybe is more crucial to get something out when its popular. But Star Wars to me is different. Marvel and DC are different. They constantly are making collectibles to buy. If your only buying PFs or 1/6 then yah, sometimes you have to wait a bit, but personally it never bothered me.

After thinking about what we talked about today, i personally find it odd to collect based on hype, but i realize we all collect differently, right? I just don't like to collect like that. I buy what I love whenever it comes out. I don't buy something just because its new. As much as I love Black Widow, I don't buy her because I love Star Wars more and I save my $$ for Star Wars. I can't have everything and I accept that. I see a lot of people buying things just because they are new and they don't really care about the character or movie that much. I saw the other day someone post in the BvS thread "I dont really want to see the movie, but Ill be buying Batman". i just find that kinda strange.

Or If you look at the classified section on this site, there is so much stuff people are selling and a lot of it is new stuff that just got released like a few weeks ago or even sooner. And sometimes they aren't even making profits off their sales, they sell below what they paid which i know is the risk you take trying to sell something. So I think to myself, why did you buy it in the first place if your just going to sell it the second you get it? I think sometimes people get caught up in hype, or get jealous of others for having something. idk, I dont know what it is?

Its sometime funny to see the way people collect. :)

Well in some ways it's worse. For example something like Fallout it's going to be one and done. I don't mind if they take a while, the hype close to release means nothing to me other then an opperunity for a company to make something I always wanted. The good thing about it is since it is once and done whatever comes out will be the "best" representation of it because there probably won't be any others. Something like Star Wars as you say will have **** coming out forever, but you probably don't want to buy the same guy multiple times. You want the "best", hard to know then when one company takes a lot longer then the others. But yeah you can always wait for another one to release and hope it's better (which I do sometimes :P). The wait doesn't bother me much either, I don't like it but on the list of things I care about it's the lowest. Price and quality are far higher for me.

And yeah people's collecting habits are odd ;p But some people aren't buying it for the character. They are buying it cause it's aesthetically pleasing, basically it's art. They like how something looks and they want to have it. The people who spend millions on "modern art" can't have any attachment to the squiggles that are on the canvas they bought much less try and understand whatever fake meaning the artist sold it with. But v0v it's what they like, and it's their money so let em do what they want. As a game collector sealed game collectors always seemed like a stupid thing to me cause I actually like playing my games but again it's their money ;p

In terms of the classified a lot of that is regret... or moving on. Personally I hate selling stuff, and I rarely buy something I don't want to keep. However some people buy and sell as a way of cycling stuff through their collection. Even if they take a loss it's usually not a great one, and they probably just as often make a profit to counter it. So other then the hassle of dealing with buyers and shipping pretty much what they get is a single investment that lets them constantly have new statues to enjoy. If you think about it that way it actually seems kinda smart :P

Faora
12-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Well in some ways it's worse. For example something like Fallout it's going to be one and done. I don't mind if they take a while, the hype close to release means nothing to me other then an opperunity for a company to make something I always wanted. The good thing about it is since it is once and done whatever comes out will be the "best" representation of it because there probably won't be any others. Something like Star Wars as you say will have **** coming out forever, but you probably don't want to buy the same guy multiple times. You want the "best", hard to know then when one company takes a lot longer then the others. But yeah you can always wait for another one to release and hope it's better (which I do sometimes :P). The wait doesn't bother me much either, I don't like it but on the list of things I care about it's the lowest. Price and quality are far higher for me.

And yeah people's collecting habits are odd ;p But some people aren't buying it for the character. They are buying it cause it's aesthetically pleasing, basically it's art. They like how something looks and they want to have it. The people who spend millions on "modern art" can't have any attachment to the squiggles that are on the canvas they bought much less try and understand whatever fake meaning the artist sold it with. But v0v it's what they like, and it's their money so let em do what they want. As a game collector sealed game collectors always seemed like a stupid thing to me cause I actually like playing my games but again it's their money ;p

In terms of the classified a lot of that is regret... or moving on. Personally I hate selling stuff, and I rarely buy something I don't want to keep. However some people buy and sell as a way of cycling stuff through their collection. Even if they take a loss it's usually not a great one, and they probably just as often make a profit to counter it. So other then the hassle of dealing with buyers and shipping pretty much what they get is a single investment that lets them constantly have new statues to enjoy. If you think about it that way it actually seems kinda smart :P

yes maybe they only buy it because of aesthetics and then cycle through their collection. idk? regret plays into it too. Its interesting to see peoples behavior thats for sure. And i guess when you don't agree sometimes we lash out, which i did and i kind of regret that. I'll try not to do that anymore. :P

dao2
12-17-2015, 11:06 AM
Haha sounds like your agreeing cause you don't want to respond to me anymore! :*( We had a good argument going :P

Faora
12-17-2015, 11:51 AM
nahhhh, just realizing I dont want to argue about collecting. :P If i have something good to say, I'll post LoL. :)

Visedar
12-17-2015, 12:06 PM

We seem to share similar qualities when it comes to collecting. One thing I wanted to add re: "capitalizing on the hype" is that, while I don't collect based on the hype or the kool-aid that goes around; I collect because I love a particular universe and because its characters are aesthetically pleasing to me, as you put it. However, the hype and the excitement that comes with it, will benefit the business, and ultimately they will profit hugely, which will result in better and more variety for us the buyers/collectors. Also, the window of opportunity during those times is small, in this case for Sideshow, to utilize that excitement in order to give us the hot items which we've been seeking and waiting for! When the hype is gone, that excitement everywhere including within the respective organization will fade, and priorities will change, focuses will steer to different directions/licenses, and us the collectors will ultimately be affected by all that. That's why it's very disappointing to see that Sideshow has done nothing to capitalize on or utilize TFA.

Visedar
12-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Hopefully the pose is a museum like pose, on a flat base, and not a recycled or overused one. Of course it should also have LED Lightsaber, and for the exclusive, IMHO it should have alternative Adam Driver head/profile.

Faora
12-17-2015, 01:27 PM
Hopefully the pose is a museum like pose, on a flat base, and not a recycled or overused one. Of course it should also have LED Lightsaber, and for the exclusive, IMHO it should have alternative Adam Driver head/profile.

They showed the teaser, he's not in a classic museum pose, his in a ready for action pose which i like a lot. I wondered too when we will get our first Adam Driver head? I haven't seen the movie yet so i dont know how his human face works with the story, but i'm seeing it tonight so i will know soon :)

dao2
12-17-2015, 01:38 PM
We seem to share similar qualities when it comes to collecting. One thing I wanted to add re: "capitalizing on the hype" is that, while I don't collect based on the hype or the kool-aid that goes around; I collect because I love a particular universe and because its characters are aesthetically pleasing to me, as you put it. However, the hype and the excitement that comes with it, will benefit the business, and ultimately they will profit hugely, which will result in better and more variety for us the buyers/collectors. Also, the window of opportunity during those times is small, in this case for Sideshow, to utilize that excitement in order to give us the hot items which we've been seeking and waiting for! When the hype is gone, that excitement everywhere including within the respective organization will fade, and priorities will change, focuses will steer to different directions/licenses, and us the collectors will ultimately be affected by all that. That's why it's very disappointing to see that Sideshow has done nothing to capitalize on or utilize TFA.

Yeah companies should capitalize on the hype cause it's essentially the best time to release stuff ;p Though as faora mentioned SW **** will be coming out forever :P But like Fallout, nobody made fallout **** afore. They are now cause of the new game, otherwise they wouldn't be. So I'm happy for that :) SS is counting on people liking it forever, there's a good reason why you don't see many prequel stuff anymore :P

Visedar
12-17-2015, 02:30 PM
They showed the teaser, he's not in a classic museum pose, his in a ready for action pose which i like a lot. I wondered too when we will get our first Adam Driver head? I haven't seen the movie yet so i dont know how his human face works with the story, but i'm seeing it tonight so i will know soon :)

I saw the teaser. What I meant was, Sideshow's version of the museum pose, not the classic traditional one. Like the original Darth Vader PF pose, Princess Leia, Slave Leia, ROTJ Boba Fett, etc.. Unlike the new releases, like Captain Rex, TESB Boba Fett, just to name a few, which to me are dynamic action poses. I guess my version of Sideshow's museum pose is a hybrid action pose. For example, I love the original Darth Maul PF pose, as long as it's similar to that, and/or like Disney LE 700 edition (picture below,) I'll be all over. Also, as I mentioned above, to me, the key is a semi flat base. I preordered TESB Exclusive Boba Fett despite its elevated/large base, so I don't mind it, but I prefer the lower/flatter ones.

And I agree with you re: Adam's profile/head. After seeing the movie, I may come back and say, I like Kylo with is mask permanently on. That also applies, to his pose. After seeing the movie (I have few hours left!) I might prefer a different pose that what I have in mind, currently.

Visedar
12-17-2015, 02:41 PM
Yeah companies should capitalize on the hype cause it's essentially the best time to release stuff ;p Though as faora mentioned SW **** will be coming out forever :P But like Fallout, nobody made fallout **** afore. They are now cause of the new game, otherwise they wouldn't be. So I'm happy for that :) SS is counting on people liking it forever, there's a good reason why you don't see many prequel stuff anymore :P

I'm with you on that. But Fallout and Star Wars aren't exactly apples to apples. Each Trilogy (at least so far) has been a different set of collections, which of course it's a result of different stories, timelines, characters, etc. And as much as people will like and want Star Wars "forever", with some characters or group of character, the train has already left the station, and as you said, we won't be seeing any PT stuff anymore. Some of that is because initially they released OT stuff (which was during the time when the PT films were being released,) and it wasn't until this past few years they were focusing on PT PFs. Like Cody was just released, and if they had been even slower with the PT releases, I bet we wouldn't be seeing half of the PT which we were lucky to get so far. And I wish they continue making more PT statues, but with TFA in the picture, that's not going to happen. So timing is everything for us the collectors if we want certain characters to be released before they're overshadowed by newer introductions and their slots are taken by the new and fresh faces.

I don't know much about Fallout universe or its characters, I'm happy that you're finally getting a statue from that license.

dao2
12-17-2015, 02:46 PM
I'm with you on that. But Fallout and Star Wars aren't exactly apples to apples. Each Trilogy (at least so far) has been a different set of collections, which of course it's a result of different stories, timelines, characters, etc. And as much as people will like and want Star Wars "forever", with some characters or group of character, the train has already left the station, and as you said, we won't be seeing any PT stuff anymore. Some of that because initially they released OT stuff and it wasn't until this past few years they were focusing on PT. Like Cody was just released! If they had been even slower with PT released, I bet we would not be seeing half of the PT which we were lucky to get. And I wish they make more PT statues. So timing is everything for us the collectors if we want certain characters to be released before they're overshadowed by newer introductions and their slots are taken by the fresh faces.

I don't know much about Fallout universe or its characters, I'm happy that you're finally getting a statue from that license.

Thanks :) I am really pulling for a GH statue but they are being silent on that front (or really any statue, as I hate posing and prefer statues, at least joints aren't an issue with power armor). I'd be kinda pissed if I bought the figures then GH said "oh we're doing it now!" I wish they'd at least say if they're looking into it :P But yeah the threea figures look great, and it's great to finally get them even if I'm not a fan of "x01" redone APA and stuff.

geisT
12-17-2015, 02:50 PM
Thanks for posting the Disney Kylo (base and blink logo are still meh, but the rest is quality! )...

Mouse managed to offer a full poly collictble 3 month ago, SSC will deliever in mid/late 17...for likely 499-599$ ....yay...me= flashed as bored
like Bob A. ...:cuckoo:

Visedar
12-17-2015, 03:18 PM
Thanks :) I am really pulling for a GH statue but they are being silent on that front (or really any statue, as I hate posing and prefer statues, at least joints aren't an issue with power armor). I'd be kinda pissed if I bought the figures then GH said "oh we're doing it now!" I wish they'd at least say if they're looking into it :P But yeah the threea figures look great, and it's great to finally get them even if I'm not a fan of "x01" redone APA and stuff.

Yeah, that's why I never got into the Hot Toys 1:6 figures for that same reason. I prefer 1:4 scale statues, because they're a bit larger, hence, more and refined details, but more importantly, because they have fixed poses. And with Hot Toys 1:4 released, I have the same issue, but can't argue with the details and the quality, which makes it more difficult to avoid Hot Toys. But I guess I can always pose it a certain way and then shower it Crazy Glue :)

I hear you about lack of communication re: their plans. If I were in your shoes, I would buy the figures you want now, keep their boxes in a mind state, take a good care of the figures, and then if/when GH releases their versions, then you can pack them nicely and sell them for equal or greater price, and get the GH ones.

Visedar
12-17-2015, 04:05 PM
Thanks for posting the Disney Kylo (base and blink logo are still meh, but the rest is quality! )...

Mouse managed to offer a full poly collictble 3 month ago, SSC will deliever in mid/late 17...for likely 499-599$ ....yay...me= flashed as bored
like Bob A. ...:cuckoo:

You're welcome! It's a quality piece; I was lucky enough to secure one from eBay. I have no regrets, but not a fan of the prominent logo on the base, either.

My thought exactly! Yeah, if Disney managed releasing a fully sculpted statue so quickly, Sideshow has no excuse for their lack of TFA preorders.

dao2
12-17-2015, 04:07 PM
Yeah, that's why I never got into the Hot Toys 1:6 figures for that same reason. I prefer 1:4 scale statues, because they're a bit larger, hence, more and refined details, but more importantly, because they have fixed poses. And with Hot Toys 1:4 released, I have the same issue, but can't argue with the details and the quality, which makes it more difficult to avoid Hot Toys. But I guess I can always pose it a certain way and then shower it Crazy Glue :)

I hear you about lack of communication re: their plans. If I were in your shoes, I would buy the figures you want now, keep their boxes in a mind state, take a good care of the figures, and then if/when GH releases their versions, then you can pack them nicely and sell them for equal or greater price, and get the GH ones.

I got the HT 1:4 Fett, it's damn amazing :) And yeah that's not a bad plan, but I hate selling stuff :P

GenBarofski
12-17-2015, 05:27 PM

he'll sit with my boy's Malgus and Revan

geekjosh
12-17-2015, 09:21 PM
I just got home from the theater, went to the 1st showing in my town...

I wanted this Kylo Ren PF...but now?

I NEED this Kylo Ren PF!!!

He has positioned himself to potentially become my favorite Star Wars character.

Adam Driver absolutely killed it!

SwiftC
12-17-2015, 09:22 PM

He has positioned himself to potentially become my favorite Star Wars character.

This. This x1000.

takuGuy
12-17-2015, 09:37 PM

Absolutely agree, but he's such a bastard.

geekjosh
12-17-2015, 10:15 PM
Absolutely agree, but he's such a bastard.

He's a very tragic and flawed character.

VERY emotionally charged!

Absolutely fell in love with his character.

Can't wait for this PF!

I'm not sure when PO's are going to go up, but if it comes to it...I'll gladly cancel my Red Sonja PF in order to have him!

Decoyoctopus10
12-17-2015, 10:19 PM

Can't wait for this PF!

I'm not sure when PO's are going to go up, but if it comes to it...I'll gladly cancel my Red Sonja PF in order to have him!

Best character of TFA. Every scene he was in was so good.

dao2
12-17-2015, 10:19 PM
Dunno Malgus was a goddamn boss :P

But I'm seeing it tomorrow at 8:30pm, sounds like it'll be epic!!

Visedar
12-18-2015, 12:35 AM

Can't wait for this PF!

That's borderline spoiler. You should be glad I saw your post after I saw the movie — it's irresponsible of you.

Thorondor_33
12-18-2015, 02:29 AM
Got back for The Force Awakens a short time ago and really liked this character. I'll be all over the PF. :)

WhisperCloud
12-18-2015, 05:45 AM
Need to see movie first before PO, but seems people say he is interesting character.

myc
12-18-2015, 07:46 AM
stop spoiling things here !!!! Glad I saw the movie already ... KYLO REN PF IS A MUST

Python
12-18-2015, 08:06 AM
Pleas stop discussing the movie here... It is enough to say that Kylo Ren was Awesome...

izeroi
12-18-2015, 01:43 PM
Awesome movie, extremely awesome character, and after seeing it I want this pf even more.

savageHULK
12-18-2015, 02:23 PM
I want to see what this looks like

geekjosh
12-18-2015, 02:55 PM
That's borderline spoiler.

Um...what?

That's not a spoiler. That's an observation on a character/character trait with literally zero context.

Of course you (and others who've seen the film) know what I mean since you literally just saw the film. But anyone who hasn't won't know what I'm referring to.

It's the equivalent of someone saying that Han Solo is a rouge-ish, yet charming character to a person who has never seen/heard Star Wars before. That spoils nothing. Just a character observation. Professional critics go into far greater detail, even in their spoiler free reviews.

So take it easy brah. :duff

Nobody has (thankfully) pulled a **** move on the forums here and spoiled the film.

Back to the PF.

Last Star Wars PF I bought was Shaak Ti. Has the lightsaber tech improved since then?

Also, do we think that Kylo's saber will jaggedy or smooth?

...will they be able to show off his unstable saber beam is what I'm asking I guess.

Centurion
12-18-2015, 03:14 PM
Back to the PF.

Last Star Wars PF I bought was Shaak Ti. Has the lightsaber tech improved since then?

Also, do we think that Kylo's saber will jaggedy or smooth?

...will they be able to show off his unstable saber beam is what I'm asking I guess.

geekjosh
12-18-2015, 03:28 PM
I really hope they duplicate the unstable beams. It's an important detail to his lightsaber. A serious 1/4 piece 'should' have it.

I agree.

Maybe have some sort of current in the lightsource to give it that unstable look? If they can get the actual lights to do that, then I'd be cool with a perfectly smooth lightsbaer. Hopefully they can do both! Jagged physical edges + the unstable beams with the light source.

Just REALLY want this PF to turn out well.

What's everyone thinking for an Ex? Unmasked? Not sure what else they could do...

savageHULK
12-18-2015, 03:32 PM
I agree.

Maybe have some sort of current in the lightsource to give it that unstable look? If they can get the actual lights to do that, then I'd be cool with a perfectly smooth lightsbaer. Hopefully they can do both! Jagged physical edges + the unstable beams with the light source.

What's everyone thinking for an Ex? Unmasked? Not sure what else they could do...

Yeah. I think the jagged plastic is noticeable in the promo pic. Hopefully they can find a way. Maybe have it so one light is always on in it, and another light paralel to the first flickers. So there is always light but it goes bright to less bright? Did that make sense? Haha

Centurion
12-18-2015, 03:46 PM
I agree.

SPOILER ALERT!!

That would make sense, especially with a slash/scar on his right eye.

However, I prefer how Ren looks with the helmet.

geekjosh
12-18-2015, 04:22 PM
Yeah. I think the jagged plastic is noticeable in the promo pic. Hopefully they can find a way. Maybe have it so one light is always on in it, and another light paralel to the first flickers. So there is always light but it goes bright to less bright? Did that make sense? Haha

Lol, yeah I got what you're saying. Hopefully they can pull it off!

SPOILER ALERT!!

That would make sense, especially with a slash/scar on his right eye.

However, I prefer how Ren looks with the helmet.

That could be a possibility!

But I agree with you, Ren with the helm looks badass. I'll probably keep the helm on at all times lol.

Jaycepticon
12-18-2015, 04:26 PM
Can't wait for this. I've been buying from SSC since 2008 and have never cashed in a RP. It'll be nice to get this for free:lol

klwn
12-18-2015, 05:34 PM
I agree.

I am sure the blade won't be just a basic straight tube, probably close to what Hot Toys has done for the 1/6 but more detailed since it's a 1/4.
Regarding the current thing, they definitely can make it happen if they want to, Master Replicas did something similar with the ring on Sauron's finger and it was years ago, when lighting systems in props/statues weren't nearly as advanced as they are now.

Fingers crossed.

Unmasked is the most likely for a potential exclusive version, can't see any particular item that would make sense.

But yeah, no doubt, after seeing the movie, even if Kylo Ren hasn't won me over 100% for now, this PF will be a must.

Jaycepticon
12-18-2015, 06:23 PM
Judging by the silhouette, I think that's what they did.

savageHULK
12-19-2015, 03:36 AM
So, I want this, please don't price me out of the market sideshow!

HammitChris
12-19-2015, 04:49 AM
So, I want this, please don't price me out of the market sideshow!

Same here, but bet it gets a $599 price tag

marker2037
12-19-2015, 08:48 AM
I'd consider this as my only TFA collectible besides the Sphero BB-8. He was a pretty awesome character and this pose looks really promising.

savageHULK
12-19-2015, 09:58 AM
I am legitimately frightened I will be priced out of the market on these collectibles. Which sucks big time.

sarakawa
12-19-2015, 10:09 AM
I don't really collect star wars but after watching ep7, im considering a rey PF and maybe this if it matches nicely with her...

RagingBull
12-19-2015, 12:28 PM
Definitely want the Ren PF after seeing the movie, BB8 as well if SS make him, which I'm sure they will. Rey was an awesome character but it will depend if SS can pull of her likeness if I buy her or not

savageHULK
12-19-2015, 12:48 PM
Definitely want the Ren PF after seeing the movie, BB8 as well if SS make him, which I'm sure they will. Rey was an awesome character but it will depend if SS can pull of her likeness if I buy her or not

I hope they don't go for likeness to be honest. I really liked the preview of the XM Luke because it looked nothing like him. It matches his description and we instantly knew who it was... But I didn't have mark Hamil sitting on the shelf

Python
12-19-2015, 01:25 PM
I hope they don't go for likeness to be honest. I really liked the preview of the XM Luke because it looked nothing like him. It matches his description and we instantly knew who it was... But I didn't have mark Hamil sitting on the shelf

Mark Hamil is Luke Skywalker. I'm not sure many people would want a statue of a character that doesn't look like the actor that played them?

savageHULK
12-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Mark Hamil is Luke Skywalker. I'm not sure many people would want a statue of a character that doesn't look like the actor that played them?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0e/12/f8/0e12f886d4734bf08f3303830b22ba3d.jpg

I like interpretations like this.

mfoga
12-19-2015, 01:44 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0e/12/f8/0e12f886d4734bf08f3303830b22ba3d.jpg

Is that a female cross dressing as Luke?

geekjosh
12-19-2015, 02:12 PM

I think what Hulk has a problem with (and quite a few collector's I know) is that SS sucks at having to replicate actual actor's faces on their PF's. Their Star Wars alien statues look MUCH better than the ones that are supposed to be a perfect replica of an actor's face. Darth Talon & Shaak Ti were artists interpretations vs ROTJ Luke PF and Leia PF, and the interpretations faces looked MILES better than those.

I dig it, I like the art style for Luke. I wouldn't mind a line that has an art style and doesn't try for true photo realistic sculpts.

Python
12-19-2015, 02:21 PM
I think what Hulk has a problem with (and quite a few collector's I know) is that SS sucks at having to replicate actual actor's faces on their PF's. Their Star Wars alien statues look MUCH better than the ones that are supposed to be a perfect replica of an actor's face. Darth Talon & Shaak Ti were artists interpretations vs ROTJ Luke PF and Leia PF, and the interpretations faces looked MILES better than those.

I get people wanting better representations (I often do) But actively hoping for a portrait that isn't the actors likeness is a new one on me. I doubt many people would want that kind of approach.

savageHULK
12-19-2015, 02:27 PM
I understand that I am in the few. I like the idea of genuinely just representing a character. Blond hair, young, strong chin, etc. like I mentioned before, I loved the XM Luke face sculpt...

dao2
12-19-2015, 02:47 PM
when did xm do a luke sculpt o_0?

savageHULK
12-19-2015, 02:51 PM
when did xm do a luke sculpt o_0?

A picture popped up a while back that disappeared after it was said to have been a very early WIP. Hopefully we'll see more, but it didn't look like mark Hamil, it looked better.

dao2
12-19-2015, 04:45 PM
Oh I saw the picture, thought u meant like they actually sculpted one

savageHULK
12-19-2015, 04:47 PM
Naw. Just the concept.

federico
12-19-2015, 06:47 PM
The unmasked HS is crucial and could be the deal breaker for me.

Centurion
12-20-2015, 01:28 AM

I dig it, I like the art style for Luke. I wouldn't mind a line that has an art style and doesn't try for true photo realistic sculpts.

This would never work for me.
Looking at just the face, I wouldn't be able to tell you who that is. I know it's Luke only because of the context of the entire picture (i.e. the white clothing, boots, maybe a pair of binoculars in one hand, etc).

Now, if all you showed me was this face:

http://orig02.deviantart.net/4e51/f/2010/179/3/4/esb_sketch_cards___luke_by_khinson.jpg

...I wouldn't mistake him for anyone else other than Luke Skywalker. That's why a likeness needs to be as close as possible for me, especially if I'm going to be paying PF prices.

savageHULK
12-20-2015, 01:34 AM
How has recent likeness turned out for sideshow? (Honest question). Last things I heard of were iron patriot don cheatle... I'd rather have it a strong young blonde man than a kind of likeness. This is exactly why I don't like the Hulk maquette.

Centurion
12-20-2015, 02:16 AM

How has recent likeness turned out for sideshow? (Honest question). Last things I heard of were iron patriot don cheatle... I'd rather have it a strong young blonde man than a kind of likeness. This is exactly why I don't like the Hulk maquette.
I don't know. I haven't bought a Sideshow piece in years and with their current quality control issues, I'm not so eager to buy from them again.

savageHULK
12-20-2015, 01:18 PM
I definitely think you guys are right. I just don't like things in my collection to look like real people.

I want them to be realistic, but not have actor likeness. I wish I had the damn XM Luke photo to show as an example

WhisperCloud
12-20-2015, 05:47 PM
I don't know. I haven't bought a Sideshow piece in years and with their current quality control issues, I'm not so eager to buy from them again.

Same thing, too scared what will arrive in the box and will I have to return it or not.

SwiftC
12-21-2015, 04:25 PM
The only bright side to the long wait for Force Awakens PFs is that I can afford Boba in the mean time.

On a note barely related to this thread; is it typical for the action figure sections to be a bit less...pleasant? I've been browsing the hot toys threads for the first time to get my fix since Sideshow moves at the pace of a quadriplegic sloth, and much of the discussion over there is...
https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tv/image/1403/53/1403530495390.gif

savageHULK
12-21-2015, 04:59 PM
When does the sideshow Christmas event start and end?

marker2037
12-21-2015, 05:03 PM
The sixth scale section is always more volatile.

SwiftC
12-21-2015, 09:08 PM

No kidding. I've never appreciated everyone here more. :lol

Decoyoctopus10
12-21-2015, 10:12 PM
Just saw TFA for the second time tonight... Please release this soon!

savageHULK
12-22-2015, 12:05 AM

Wahoo! So much hype!

geisT
12-22-2015, 01:44 AM

Soon? :lol

With Sideshows one year from preorder til shipping (plus the normal 6-12 month delay), we could be happy when we will get
KR at the time when Episode 8 starts in Spring 2017...:lecture

My bet would be: shipping in Fall 2017 or x-mas 2017 if the edition size is not so high (OE?)...:impatient: :gah:

Now i need some upcoming in-hand pics for the Boba PF, as this lame waiting game crushes all my
excitement for this too...:dunno

klwn
12-22-2015, 02:04 AM
Really hoping for a proper alternative in the meantime. The HT 1/6 won't cut it for me. Need a 1/4 or a nice statue by another manufacturer (unlikely I guess).

The closest (in time) really cool TFA/Kylo Ren related item is the helmet from Anovos but it's quite expensive without the Tier 1 pricing.

darth dennis
12-22-2015, 06:45 AM

It is also currently the victim of two additional factors: 1) People critiquing not just the action figures but the new movie; and 2) Newbie trolls looking for attention. I saw on Instagram that Paramore will be posting pictures of Kylo Ren 1/6th soon, so that'll hopefully realign things over there :)

Jaycepticon
12-22-2015, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I'm actually thinking this'll start shopping around the time Ep. VIII comes out. And that's with me being very hopeful that PO's will op n sometime in the 1st QTR.

All I know is that I need this ASAP.

Decoyoctopus10
12-22-2015, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I'm actually thinking this'll start shopping around the time Ep. VIII comes out. And that's with me being very hopeful that PO's will op n sometime in the 1st QTR.

All I know is that I need this ASAP.

Are you gonna pick up the 1/6 Hot Toys to hold you over? I'm thinking about it.

Henry
12-23-2015, 06:16 AM
I finally went to see the movie yesterday and loved it! Kylo Ren was great and I definitely want him represented in my collection.

I'm kind of torn between getting the Hot Toys figure and the Sideshow PF. I think he would look better as a statue, really. But at the same time I also need Rey, and I loved the Hot Toy version of her and BB-8. I already have Rey on pre-order. I kind of want to stick to one version (PF or Hot Toys), not both.

I hope Sideshow will show us a glimpse of the premium format statue of Rey soon (I assume they are making one). It will make deciding much easier.

But yeah, I'm really, really tempted to get this.

dao2
12-23-2015, 08:36 AM
I finally went to see the movie yesterday and loved it! Kylo Ren was great and I definitely want him represented in my collection.

I'm kind of torn between getting the Hot Toys figure and the Sideshow PF. I think he would look better as a statue, really. But at the same time I also need Rey, and I loved the Hot Toy version of her and BB-8. I already have Rey on pre-order. I kind of want to stick to one version (PF or Hot Toys), not both.

I hope Sideshow will show us a glimpse of the premium format statue of Rey soon (I assume they are making one). It will make deciding much easier.

But yeah, I'm really, really tempted to get this.

I wasn't too impressed with the HT Kylo tbh. Seems a lot more simple and toy-like then their usual offerings.

Python
12-23-2015, 08:49 AM
I just hope this guy isn't a victim of the insane new pricing structure, the latest PF is $600... Ouch.

Henry
12-23-2015, 10:03 AM
I wasn't too impressed with the HT Kylo tbh. Seems a lot more simple and toy-like then their usual offerings.

Funny, I actually had the same thoughts about it looking to much like a simple toy when I first saw it. Not sure what it is, I never got that feeling from the stormtroopers or any of the other Force Awakens figures. I'll seriously consider getting the PF, and worry about Rey later.

I just hope this guy isn't a victim of the insane new pricing structure, the latest PF is $600... Ouch.

Which PF was that? Looking at the latest releases on Sideshow's webpage, a lot of the new PF's are well under that, so hopefully it won't be so bad (Even with a light-up lightsaber i assume). Green Goblin is $520, Red Sonja is $550 and Loki is $460.

savageHULK
12-23-2015, 10:09 AM

Yeah. All these statues not selling out, even the ex... They should realize the price is getting out of hand.

klwn
12-23-2015, 10:15 AM

Probably because the design of the character is incredibly simple, there isn't much that can be done/achieved compared to what they are capable of on more complex figures. I mean even the actual Kylo Ren in the movie could be passed as a toy in a different context haha.

That would really suck, precisely because of what I just wrote above. I can't see how it would make sense. Probably more in the $380 to $400 range.
The new Vader is $500 but with a much more elaborate design.

Centurion
12-23-2015, 10:39 AM

Probably because he's completely covered in fabric and drapes down below the waist. Makes it look like a doll.

Jaycepticon
12-23-2015, 10:54 AM
Are you gonna pick up the 1/6 Hot Toys to hold you over? I'm thinking about it.

Already did last week and I waste a lot of time just staring at it:lol

https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfp1/t51.2885-15/e35/12345980_1490896834553150_666715690_n.jpg

Centurion
12-23-2015, 11:06 AM
:lecture You can add the 18" Kylo from Target. :)

Python
12-23-2015, 03:55 PM
Which PF was that? Looking at the latest releases on Sideshow's webpage, a lot of the new PF's are well under that, so hopefully it won't be so bad (Even with a light-up lightsaber i assume). Green Goblin is $520, Red Sonja is $550 and Loki is $460.

One truth, one purpose ?*Surrender your soul to Xiall, the Great Osteomancer | Sideshow Collectibles (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/surrender-your-soul-to-xiall-the-great-osteomancer/)

Hasn't gone up yet, just a preview which contains the price... Absolutely insane...

savageHULK
12-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Better be 30 inches at that price...

Gipetto0812
12-23-2015, 04:18 PM

agreed! just saw the movie for a second time yesterday afternoon and really want to add this guy but won't if the price it too and if it doesn't have a good enough EX. I've been slowly adding up RPs to afford Vader but I don't want to have to do that here

geekjosh
12-23-2015, 04:20 PM
One truth, one purpose ?*Surrender your soul to Xiall, the Great Osteomancer | Sideshow Collectibles (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/surrender-your-soul-to-xiall-the-great-osteomancer/)

Hasn't gone up yet, just a preview which contains the price... Absolutely insane...

She is up, went up early today. It is insane though...we are pretty salty over in the Xiall thread.

Close. She's 26 in. and she has a SUPER simple base.

...I still REALLY want her. Here's hoping I win her from the contest! Otherwise I'll wait for a discount.

Python
12-23-2015, 04:20 PM

It's 26".

Same line, 28" and 399.. Court of the Dead Valkyrie of the Dead Premium Format(TM) Fi | Sideshow Collectibles (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/court-of-the-dead-valkyrie-of-the-dead-sideshow-collectibles-300372/)

savageHULK
12-23-2015, 04:53 PM
This. Is. Stupid.

These price hikes seem to have no validation. And if they did, please come out and tell me SSC. I am more than happy to listen. But being ignored and then these things keep happening... It's horse ****.

I'm upset because I've only been in the hobby a couple of years and there is no such thing as a consistent price... The answer is yes, I am mad bro...

Henry
12-24-2015, 03:44 AM

Wow, that is surprising. The pricing seems to be very random now. It wasn't that long ago they put up "Aquaman" for pre-order at $430 and "The Temptation of Lady Death" at $400. And those two came out after "Batman red son" at $490. Granted there has been newer ones at higher prices after, like the ones I mentioned in my last post. Like Red Sonja at $550, but that one had a huge detailed base.

I understand that things like mixed media/fabrics, large bases, Batman is really popular and other factors I don't know about (time used on re-sculpting/creating?) would make a difference. But the differences in price have been so huge the last six months. I really don't understand it.

Oh, and if Kylo ends up costing (close too) $600, then I really need to sit down and think it through.

El Mule
12-24-2015, 06:59 AM
Xiall is 26" with the long staff. On herself, she's a standard sized female PF, has a tad more mass than Red Death.
As for Kylo, I wouldn't pay more than 450$ for a PF covered in clothes, so I hope it falls in that range.

geisT
12-24-2015, 07:00 AM
If Kylo costs more than 500$/€, this will likely be my last PF!

I paid 240€ for my first PF (Talon), than 300€ for Shaak Ti (and also Mythos Boba) and 320€ for Malgus and around 400€ for
the upcoming Boba PF...so the prices nearly doubled in the last 2-3 years! :thud:

With a supposed pricetag of 599$ for Kylo, i`m simply ( edit. finally...:fireworks:woo)
’’’ outpriced of/fromm this ...seems like collecting SSC is rich men`s playground now...:Flush

klwn
12-24-2015, 07:12 AM
Really doubt it will be $599, it just doesn't make sense. Current releases in that price range have a far more complex design than Kylo, even the Vader PF isn't that expensive. Sideshow would have to go for a huge price increase to sell such a simple piece for $599. I mean really the only tricky thing is the lightsaber and a potential unmasked head.

But I must admit, I will get this PF no matter what the price is (I mean even if it's $599, not gonna pay $1,000 for it of course) simply because there is nothing else on the horizon as far as big TFA-related pieces for now, and being very hard to please I buy very few collectibles, so when there is one that "matters" in my eyes I just go for it.

takuGuy
12-24-2015, 08:51 AM
But I must admit, I will get this PF no matter what the price is (I mean even if it's $599, not gonna pay $1,000 for it of course) simply because there is nothing else on the horizon as far as big TFA-related pieces for now, and being very hard to please I buy very few collectibles, so when there is one that "matters" in my eyes I just go for it.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I got the HT First Order Squad Leader and it just rubbed me as a oversized action figure after a few days with it. I'm not really into toys anymore, and would rather buy one really nice statue than two or three Hot Toys. End of the day I won't have nearly as many characters represented on my shelf, but I'll be proud to display the few I have. The price sucks, but it is what it is. Hot Toys are creeping up to. Probably an effect of the economy nearing full recovery.

klwn
12-24-2015, 09:09 AM
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I got the HT First Order Squad Leader and it just rubbed me as a oversized action figure after a few days with it. I'm not really into toys anymore, and would rather buy one really nice statue than two or three Hot Toys. End of the day I won't have nearly as many characters represented on my shelf, but I'll be proud to display the few I have. The price sucks, but it is what it is. Hot Toys are creeping up to. Probably an effect of the economy nearing full recovery.

Yes that's exactly the problem I have with the 1/6 line, and for now I am literally interested in two TFA-related pieces (this PF and the Anovos helmet) so it's not like I am gonna have to spread the budget over many purchases. Especially with those insane wait times in-between releases.
Now, if HT decided to release a 1/4 Kylo with the same level of detail and attention as the new Iron Man ones, I would say count me in, especially if the lightsaber has a better light-up system than the 1/6 version.

In the end it's really about getting the best pieces rather than aiming for quantity as far as I am concerned. A new movie with new characters and props is the opportunity to start fresh and be super picky from the get-go if you want to :) Like you say, less busy shelves, less characters/versions but that's fine.

Centurion
12-24-2015, 10:14 AM
I think Hot Toys will eventually get around to doing Kylo Ren. Their initial line-up at 1/4 is pretty good... Fett, Vader, and a Stormtrooper. The only issue I have with figures are visible joints. The seam is distracting and sometimes (with shoulders and hips) a huge gap is unavoidable. With this character, that won't be an issue.

dao2
12-24-2015, 02:11 PM
Really doubt it will be $599, it just doesn't make sense. Current releases in that price range have a far more complex design than Kylo, even the Vader PF isn't that expensive. Sideshow would have to go for a huge price increase to sell such a simple piece for $599. I mean really the only tricky thing is the lightsaber and a potential unmasked head.

The new COTD that costs $600 really doesn't have much too it.

klwn
12-24-2015, 10:25 PM
The new COTD that costs $600 really doesn't have much too it.

Compared to Kylo's design it belongs in a museum haha. Beautifully intricate piece imo. Kylo will be 80% cloth and is pretty much all black.
Not to mention, for anything Star Wars they get all the files/measurements from the related departments and are able to sculpt them through a software if they want to, on the COTD pieces they have to start literally from scratch. The process is quite different, they don't really have to come up with anything except a cool pose and the best way to make the lightsaber look accurate.

dao2
12-25-2015, 07:28 PM
Compared to Kylo's design it belongs in a museum haha. Beautifully intricate piece imo. Kylo will be 80% cloth and is pretty much all black.
Not to mention, for anything Star Wars they get all the files/measurements from the related departments and are able to sculpt them through a software if they want to, on the COTD pieces they have to start literally from scratch. The process is quite different, they don't really have to come up with anything except a cool pose and the best way to make the lightsaber look accurate.

The sculpt isn't all that much work actually, it's considerably easier to do a sculpt like that cause small imperfections in symmetry can actually make it look better. The paint job is considerably better, and they're charging as if what they showed is what they're gonna deliver. However it's not going to be so :|

klwn
12-26-2015, 02:15 AM
The sculpt isn't all that much work actually, it's considerably easier to do a sculpt like that cause small imperfections in symmetry can actually make it look better. The paint job is considerably better, and they're charging as if what they showed is what they're gonna deliver. However it's not going to be so :|

Yeah, that's true unfortunately... The gap between the prototype and the product delivered to the customer often is way too big.
At least I guess we are kinda safe with this one, there isn't much to screw up when it comes to the paint job haha.

Python
12-26-2015, 04:12 AM
Yeah, that's true unfortunately... The gap between the prototype and the product delivered to the customer often is way too big.
At least I guess we are kinda safe with this one, there isn't much to screw up when it comes to the paint job haha.

Wanna bet? Getting that chrome look on his mask with clean tight lines will be a tough ask of the factories for sure. Even getting it looking metallic is beyond them from what we've seen of late. I'll clean that up if need be, I'm just hoping for a sensible price.

klwn
12-26-2015, 05:47 AM
Wanna bet? Getting that chrome look on his mask with clean tight lines will be a tough ask of the factories for sure. Even getting it looking metallic is beyond them from what we've seen of late. I'll clean that up if need be, I'm just hoping for a sensible price.

Haha man really hope you are wrong, if they can't get that right on a freaking 1/4 that's pretty much all black and cloth, we are doomed... :slap

dao2
12-26-2015, 09:04 PM
I doubt it's gonna be chromed ><

chaber
12-28-2015, 05:56 AM
SSAlex says they are hoping for a February preorder date but only if all the final tailoring and approvals go as planned. My guess is March-April.

klwn
12-28-2015, 06:28 AM
February would be nice.

If it takes longer I just really hope we get a decent pic to replace the preview.

Wish they could collaborate with HT. Their tailoring got approved, clearly, so just make it 1/4 instead of 1/6 :lol

LOTRfan85
12-28-2015, 09:49 AM
I expect them to show off a preview of this statue at SDCC in the summer, and get a release in 2017

chaber
12-28-2015, 12:49 PM
I expect them to show off a preview of this statue at SDCC in the summer, and get a release in 2017

Entirely possible given SS's track record!

Kicksplode
12-28-2015, 01:40 PM
At this point it really will be close to Episode VIII by the time this gets released.

Python
12-28-2015, 06:26 PM
Never mind..

BUT THESE ARE USEFUL

geekjosh
12-28-2015, 06:34 PM
Are you kidding me? Clear off with your ********g spoilers!!! Second one today...

It may have been out for a couple of weeks, but some of us have real lives that get in the way no matter how big fans we might be, especially this time of year...

THESE ARE USEFUL

Um....what? I don't understand how what Hulk said was a spoiler...

Python
12-28-2015, 06:36 PM
Um....what? I don't understand how what Hulk said was a spoiler...

I go in to it now knowing that he lives I'd say that classes as a spoiler.. The other one I heard today on a completely unrelated youtube video comment was even more annoying.

geekjosh
12-28-2015, 06:52 PM
I go in to it now knowing that he lives I'd say that classes as a spoiler.. The other one I heard today on a completely unrelated youtube video comment was even more annoying.

I mean...I guess technically it is a spoiler then. But its a pretty mild one.

As for the other one, man its become a thing to type in a lot of comment sections now. Sucks that you saw one though.

I think there was some sort of chrome or firefox add-on that blocked spoilers for you on any site you were on. Sucks that people are intentionally ruining it, but Hulk's was a def unintentional super mild spoiler. I don't think he was doing it to ruin anything for anyone.

But considering its on its way to becoming the best selling movie ever, everyone is talking about it on almost every site. The longer you wait to go see it, the harder it will be to avoid spoilers. I'd for sure look into those add-ons to block spoilers until you go see it, but def go see it as soon as possible. Spoilers are almost everywhere now!

Python
12-28-2015, 06:59 PM
I know, I don't understand what those idiots are getting from it really. I'm bowing out of this thread now as mistakes will be made and spoilers are inevitable. But it won't make much difference, they are everywhere. I'm hoping I'll get a chance to see it soon anyway.. And yes it's mild I guess, but still annoying, might be an idea to edit the comment, I'll remove the quote also.. Peace out.

Edit: nevermind.. I've just seen the exact same thing on sideshows website blog anyway... It's just unavoidable.

savageHULK
12-28-2015, 07:16 PM
I am sorry to Python and anyone else that I had effected with that post. I did not mean to spoil anything. I had assumed it was known now. I truly do apologize.

darth dennis
12-28-2015, 07:59 PM
I am sorry to Python and anyone else that I had effected with that post. I did not mean to spoil anything. I had assumed it was known now. I truly do apologize.

I also truly do not mean any disrespect to Python or others who have not yet seen the film, but if you're expecting a week and a half into it's run (and a billion dollars of movie goers) for "the internet" to protect you from spoilers, I think you've got some unrealistic expectations. I pretty much stayed out of these boards, and any other sites that might contain spoilers, the week before the movie's release, because of leaks coming from the Hollywood premiere...

Centurion
12-28-2015, 10:24 PM
It's hard to say, but when is the right time to discuss events in a movie without using spoiler tags?
As big as this movie is, I anticipated the leaks/spoilers approximately 1 month before the movie's release, only saw the 1st trailer, and kept myself out of forums I suspected would discuss more than I wanted to know before watching the movie.
Having said that, I completely empathize with Python. I too enjoy movies more the less I know about it.

savageHULK
12-28-2015, 10:31 PM
It's hard to say, but when is the right time to discuss events in a movie without using spoiler tags?
As big as this movie is, I anticipated the leaks/spoilers approximately 1 month before the movie's release, only saw the 1st trailer, and kept myself out of forums I suspected would discuss more than I wanted to know before watching the movie.
Having said that, I completely empathize with Python. I too enjoy movies more the less I know about it.

Honestly no fricken clue. I've been chewed out on here or SF for spoiling a movie at least 3-4 months after it had been out. It was like a week to bluray release and I said I was excited to see a scene again and they tore me apart...

Centurion
12-28-2015, 10:47 PM
Honestly no fricken clue. I've been chewed out on here or SF for spoiling a movie at least 3-4 months after it had been out. It was like a week to bluray release and I said I was excited to see a scene again and they tore me apart...
That's what I mean. You just never know. Like yourself, when I'm excited about something, I like to talk about it. :duff

Anyway, to get this thread back on topic...

I was thinking of different exclusives for Kylo Ren, and looking at several things online, and I think the two obvious choices would be either a switch out portrait (face reveal) or a disfigured/deformed Vader helmet.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/12/27/00/1044586700000514-0-image-a-72_1451175750436.jpg

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/tulsaworld.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/4f/74f782ea-a81c-5c18-b734-d3416ed580a8/55300a7d24fef.image.jpg

If I could choose, I think I would get more use from the deformed Vader helmet because I much prefer the way Kylo Ren looks with the helmet on. No disrespect to Adam Driver. I think he did a great job playing his role. I just think the character is more menacing with the helmet on. :lol

savageHULK
12-28-2015, 11:18 PM
That's what I mean. You just never know. Like yourself, when I'm excited about something, I like to talk about it. :duff

I was thinking of different exclusives for Kylo Ren, and looking at several things online, and I think the two obvious choices would be either a switch out portrait (face reveal) or a disfigured/deformed Vader helmet.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/12/27/00/1044586700000514-0-image-a-72_1451175750436.jpg

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/tulsaworld.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/4f/74f782ea-a81c-5c18-b734-d3416ed580a8/55300a7d24fef.image.jpg

If I could choose, I think I would get more use from the deformed Vader helmet because I much prefer the way Kylo Ren looks with the helmet on. No disrespect to Adam Driver. I think he did a great job playing his role. I just think the character is more menacing with the helmet on. :lol

Agreed. I just ... Want to see it. Haha

klwn
12-29-2015, 02:11 AM
I would LOVE the melted Vader helmet for the exclusive BUT, my hopes for this amazing prop are much higher: to me it should be one of the top priorities as far as 1/1 replicas for any manufacturer who will be in charge of making them. Right up there with Kylo Ren's lightsaber.

There is no way I will display that PF without the helmet so not sure what I would do with a portrait but in any case the exclusive (if there is one) will be worth getting due to the very good chance of it becoming quite valuable after some time.

Python
12-29-2015, 03:45 AM

No worries... It's everywhere and an easy mistake..

I also truly do not mean any disrespect to Python or others who have not yet seen the film, but if you're expecting a week and a half into it's run (and a billion dollars of movie goers) for "the internet" to protect you from spoilers, I think you've got some unrealistic expectations. I pretty much stayed out of these boards, and any other sites that might contain spoilers, the week before the movie's release, because of leaks coming from the Hollywood premiere...

All I expected was to not have actual plot revealed in the thread, I wouldn't say it is unrealistic, of course I expect to see minor spoilers if I'm looking at a Kylo ren specific thread, just not his fate. What is a week and a half at this time of year really? I bet more people haven't seen it in the cinema than have at this point, especially over Christmas. Anyway, it is a mute point as I'm unsubscribing from the thread for now. If you do wish to talk about such things, please just ask a mod to add a spoiler tag to the title so that others don't have other parts ruined for them, the other forum made it a non spoiler thread, either way is fine as long as it is made clear.

As for when to stop worrying about spoilers, well there is no easy answer to that I guess, but maybe let the cinema run finish, the fact they still show them means there are fans that still haven't yet seen it.

Jaycepticon
12-29-2015, 12:28 PM

If it were up to me, it would be the week after the initial release. Why would you go to the last pages of a thread of a newly released movie anyway?:dunno

Thundercleese
12-29-2015, 01:52 PM
If it were up to me, it would be the week after the initial release. Why would you go to the last pages of a thread of a newly released movie anyway?:dunno

I subscribe to the personal responsibility philosophy. I can't control anyone's actions but my own, so if I don't want to see spoilers I avoid all forums about that movie. Simple as that in my book.

afattori
12-29-2015, 10:07 PM

Totally agree. My daughters said when he took his helmet off, " Put the helmet back on!" I do not want an unmasked head.

Centurion
12-29-2015, 10:53 PM
Totally agree. My daughters said when he took his helmet off, " Put the helmet back on!" I do not want an unmasked head.

Hahaha! Smart girls. :clap

savageHULK
01-01-2016, 10:11 PM
I want to see it! Give it to me hahahaha

Just saw it again. For the 4th time.

sarakawa
01-03-2016, 11:04 AM
Where's my Rey PF!?!?!?

Thundercleese
01-03-2016, 07:35 PM
I want to see it! Give it to me hahahaha

Just saw it again. For the 4th time.

I am on 3 times....I need to catch it a 4th this week. It is an awesome flick.

Kicksplode
01-04-2016, 11:27 AM
I broke down and bought the Hot Toys figure for now. I figure by the time the PF comes out I can sell and cover a decent chunk of the cost.

GenBarofski
01-05-2016, 12:44 AM
would be interesting to see how they make the tri saber light up. Maybe small short bulbs or something :|

CallMeTheDoctor
01-05-2016, 10:32 AM
Where's my Rey PF!?!?!?

Exactly! Would be awesome to have her at the end with her staff as a regular, and ex a lightsaber.

Chaser
01-05-2016, 12:04 PM
I'm so curious about how this actually looks, really liked him in the movie. That look is just awesome, so evil and mysterious!

LOTRfan85
01-07-2016, 10:41 AM
Kylo's bedroom, probably hahaha

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz303/Jason66611/925_1684651151813040_900915739719217420_n_zpsrsezs ap1.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Jason66611/media/925_1684651151813040_900915739719217420_n_zpsrsezs ap1.jpg.html)

CallMeTheDoctor
01-07-2016, 10:56 AM
I'd be cool with an unmasked. Would look good with either the Anakin PF or Darth Vader.

Centurion
01-07-2016, 03:06 PM
Kylo's bedroom, probably hahaha

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz303/Jason66611/925_1684651151813040_900915739719217420_n_zpsrsezs ap1.jpg (http://s838.photobucket.com/user/Jason66611/media/925_1684651151813040_900915739719217420_n_zpsrsezs ap1.jpg.html)
Most likely. :lol

Lumos
01-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Hahaha! Smart girls. :clap

Awww. :(

When he took the helmet off, my reaction was more along the lines of :love

savageHULK
01-12-2016, 03:18 PM
Just saw the movie a 5th time... Where's this dude at? Haha

Swingman24
01-13-2016, 12:51 AM
SS Alex said on the other forum that we could see the reveal as early as next month.

myc
01-13-2016, 06:26 AM
Not just reveal...also PO !! That would be sweet... same for the Sandtrooper... February ! :)

Swingman24
01-13-2016, 10:54 AM
Not just reveal...also PO !! That would be sweet... same for the Sandtrooper... February ! :)

Yep. I can't wait!

savageHULK
01-13-2016, 06:11 PM
Ho. Le. ****.

Thorondor_33
01-14-2016, 02:42 PM
SS Alex said on the other forum that we could see the reveal as early as next month.

Awesome! :clap Sure hope it happens.

Centurion
01-15-2016, 08:39 AM
Looking forward to it.

geisT
01-15-2016, 10:09 AM
Finally things are moving!:yess:

Hopefully Kylo will be shipped when Ep.8 hits the theaters...15-16 month from today?

Can`t wait for the full reveals and POs of Kylo and the Sandtrooper in Feb. and with Jango and Maul 2.0,
the next statues are in the pipeline...

Hopefully soon the first Boba in-hand pics and maybe a Leia as Boushh (switchable head please, as i love the Breen ehhh...Boushh design) sometime...:pray:

Centurion
01-15-2016, 10:54 AM
...and I hope Kylo Ren doesn't have one leg up syndrome. :lol

CallMeTheDoctor
01-15-2016, 07:08 PM
There's a new Maul?

geekjosh
01-15-2016, 07:58 PM
There's a new Maul?

Yep. They showed it off at SDCC last year.

savageHULK
01-15-2016, 10:11 PM
I love maul, really want to see Kylo first.

klwn
01-16-2016, 08:15 AM
You will see Kylo first. For now that 3D rendering of Maul is all we have so it's not even close to being announced for pre-order I think.

Also that thing isn't canon, he looks like the Maul from Clone Wars (waist/forearm parts) but he has the double-lightsaber from TPM. With them having to give up the Mythos line and everything that's not canon, I doubt the final version will look like this.

savageHULK
01-16-2016, 08:33 AM
You will see Kylo first. For now that 3D rendering of Maul is all we have so it's not even close to being announced for pre-order I think.

Also that thing isn't canon, he looks like the Maul from Clone Wars (waist/forearm parts) but he has the double-lightsaber from TPM. With them having to give up the Mythos line and everything that's not canon, I doubt the final version will look like this.

Sweet. That's fine with me. I'd rather see a Sons of Dathomir version anyways.

geekjosh
01-16-2016, 11:17 AM

Well this was shown of WELL after it came down the line that they couldn't do any EU stuff anymore. So this could be canon but from something we haven't seen yet, or Disney ok'd it.

Sweet. That's fine with me. I'd rather see a Sons of Dathomir version anyways.

How pumped are you that Maul is coming back in the Star Wars Rebels show!

Lumos
01-16-2016, 12:05 PM
Hopefully Kylo will be shipped when Ep.8 hits the theaters...15-16 month from today?

That's gonna feel like a lifetime. :crying

geisT
01-16-2016, 04:23 PM
...and I hope Kylo Ren doesn't have one leg up syndrome. :lol

Kylo Minouge!:horror

Better be Bowie! :dance

savageHULK
01-17-2016, 03:04 PM
Did anyone get the 18 inch figure/toy Kylo Ren from Walmart or Toysrus or where ever?

Jamyz
01-19-2016, 04:38 AM
Please Sideshow, i want this Premium Format Kylo Ren - Matt"Radar Technician".
Only 100 exclusive. :pray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZZjpzLyqIA

IrishJedi
01-19-2016, 03:52 PM
Did anyone get the 18 inch figure/toy Kylo Ren from Walmart or Toysrus or where ever?

Are you referring to the 17" Interactive one from Thinkway Toys (which is a TRU Exclusive) or the 18" Jakks one?

savageHULK
01-19-2016, 05:19 PM
Are you referring to the 17" Interactive one from Thinkway Toys (which is a TRU Exclusive) or the 18" Jakks one?

Cheap Jakks one. I figured out my question though. Thanks

Darth Pakiti
01-20-2016, 04:02 AM
Please Sideshow, i want this Premium Format Kylo Ren - Matt"Radar Technician".
Only 100 exclusive. :pray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZZjpzLyqIA

Not a statue, but...

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/Darth-Pakiti/Alien%20Warrior%20MQ/12524199_10207226699297312_3499897939860471800_n_z ps3xfp5weg.jpg (http://s708.photobucket.com/user/Darth-Pakiti/media/Alien%20Warrior%20MQ/12524199_10207226699297312_3499897939860471800_n_z ps3xfp5weg.jpg.html)

LOL

Jamyz
01-20-2016, 05:03 AM
Not a statue, but...

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/Darth-Pakiti/Alien%20Warrior%20MQ/12524199_10207226699297312_3499897939860471800_n_z ps3xfp5weg.jpg (http://s708.photobucket.com/user/Darth-Pakiti/media/Alien%20Warrior%20MQ/12524199_10207226699297312_3499897939860471800_n_z ps3xfp5weg.jpg.html)

LOL

[emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

LOTRfan85
01-21-2016, 04:57 PM
That's gonna feel like a lifetime. :crying

It depends if he is shown at SDCC in July, but we have seen releases happen 2 years after they're announcement. I still think about march or April next year this guy is up for shipping, let alone pre-order

savageHULK
01-21-2016, 06:02 PM
March 2017 is a good guess. I agree.

I think we will get preorder within the next 45 days

Lumos
01-22-2016, 03:14 PM

I GET why it takes so long, but man...it's still kinda crazy.

LOTRfan85
01-25-2016, 06:10 PM

Yea it is January 2016, lets not forget Vader is up for shipping this year when he was announced last year, so it is pretty obvious Kylo will be up for shipping next year. Back to vader he was announced last year, the prototype went to SDCC 2015 and now the shipping this year, so it is a guarantee sideshow will be showing off one of the most popular new characters in Kylo this year, and the release next summer. I will be shocked if we do not see Kylo shown off at SDCC after the money made on episode 7, sideshow want to take full advantage of the classic villain in Vader this year, and Kylo next year just before we get to episode 8 in 2017

myc
02-04-2016, 06:04 AM
I wanna see today an announcement this will go up next week !! This or sand trooper PLEASE

darth dennis
02-04-2016, 08:10 AM
I wanna see today an announcement this will go up next week !! This or sand trooper PLEASE

...and a Royal Guard!!! :wave

myc
02-04-2016, 09:13 AM
...and a Royal Guard!!! :wave

psssst........ soon.. soon....

savageHULK
02-04-2016, 09:45 AM
Yeah. I need to see Kylo...

myc
02-04-2016, 01:42 PM
again no SW PF for po...

darth dennis
02-04-2016, 06:01 PM
again no SW PF for po...

But they did have some lame 5 inch tall deformed Boba and Vader for $90... Come on Sideshow and HT, bring on some new stuff to order...

Centurion
02-05-2016, 12:09 PM
But they did have some lame 5 inch tall deformed Boba and Vader for $90... Come on Sideshow and HT, bring on some new stuff to order...

Yeah, I saw that too. By Herocross. The oversized head works for all the characters they're making except for R2. It just looks like a miniature R2.

darth dennis
02-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I saw that too. By Herocross. The oversized head works for all the characters they're making except for R2. It just looks like a miniature overpriced R2.

Fixed :)

Lumos
02-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Didn't they post something on FB about a reveal/news on Super Bowl Sunday? Maybe we'll see him then? :pray:

Awesome
02-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Can't wait for this.

yipster32
02-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Im all over this when its available.

inchy5000
02-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Part of me hopes this isn't going to be done with the force stop pose. A little overdone IMO.

Darth Pakiti
02-06-2016, 05:44 PM
I´m not sure this will be the definitive Kylo Ren PF. I guess the look of the character will change in the next movies -as Rey´s look too-, then we have more Kylos PF in the future...

yipster32
02-06-2016, 06:50 PM
I´m not sure this will be the definitive Kylo Ren PF. I guess the look of the character will change in the next movies -as Rey´s look too-, then we have more Kylos PF in the future...

I agree, theyre gonna milk it for everything they can. So long as it looks cool though, im still going to buy them hahaha

Centurion
02-06-2016, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't mind it. As long as the character continues to rock, I'd like to have a 1/4 representation of him at the different stages of development.

Jaycepticon
02-06-2016, 08:23 PM
I hope they don't change it much. I don't mind subtle changes, but I think they nailed an instant classic look and hope it pretty much stays similar. I don't need SW to be like Avenegrs were everybody needs multiple costumes every movie.

Keyen Ren
02-06-2016, 08:26 PM
I hope they don't change it much. I don't mind subtle changes, but I think they nailed an instant classic look and hope it pretty much stays similar. I don't need SW to be like Avenegrs were everybody needs multiple costumes every movie.

:exactly:

He already looks badass. They don't NEED to change it.

nemenforcer
02-06-2016, 09:20 PM
I'm just curious to see what Disney does with his character, let me guess, a good guy by the end

yipster32
02-06-2016, 10:54 PM
I'm just curious to see what Disney does with his character, let me guess, a good guy by the end

Yea, standing next to ghost hayden christensen. :gah:

nemenforcer
02-08-2016, 10:00 PM
Yea, standing next to ghost hayden christensen. :gah:

"Grandfather" haha. I went to see the movie tonight in IMAX. Its out Thursday. Had the theater all to myself, really good experience in terms of picture and sound.

If Kylo does eventually go back to the light side, I hope we get another Sith, who is cool and truly dark.

Centurion
02-08-2016, 10:28 PM
"Grandfather" haha. I went to see the movie tonight in IMAX. Its out Thursday. Had the theater all to myself, really good experience in terms of picture and sound.

If Kylo does eventually go back to the light side, I hope we get another Sith, who is cool and truly dark.
All by yourself in a theater sounds creepy. I need to stop watching those B movies. :lol

nemenforcer
02-08-2016, 10:45 PM
All by yourself in a theater sounds creepy. I need to stop watching those B movies. :lol

I went with my little sister and there was maybe 4 other people in the theater, felt all to myself considering it was imax. I also went to the 4:00 showing on a Monday. Its leaving the Imax this week and I really wanted that experience for this movie, glad I caught it in time

yipster32
02-08-2016, 11:34 PM
Haha grandpa Hayden. IMAX was the best way to see it hands down, saw it twice that way.

Centurion
02-09-2016, 02:05 AM
I saw it in both RealD 3D and IMAX 3D. The only differences that stood out was that the IMAX picture was larger and the audio was louder. The 3D effect appeared to be equivalent. I think to "notice" any variations between the two 3D presentations, one would have to do an A-B comparison. You'd have to be looking for it and I didn't go in to the theater with that intention.
A few important notes: I saw it in RealD 3D on opening day (walked right in) and in IMAX 3D 4 days later (had to wait in a line to get in). Both at the same cinema.

Thorondor_33
02-10-2016, 10:53 AM
I'm jellyfish of you guys who went to IMAX 3D. I tried throughout the holidays but showings were always sold out, or the only seats left were the ones right in front of the screen. I settled for RealD 3D as the good seats were plentiful. But I really enjoyed it, no complaints. Still wish I could have take in an IMAX 3D viewing to compare the two.

yipster32
02-11-2016, 03:57 AM
Bought tix the split second they came online, before all the sites crashed. So cool seeing the first showing available in my area with a bunch of other real fans. We waited 4 hours to get in haha

myc
02-11-2016, 08:12 AM
..will this get a PO next week??

DarthRusty
02-11-2016, 08:20 AM
Saw it on opening day with my cousin, in good ol' 2D (cause it wasn't filmed in 3D). Loved it. But, at least at my theater, the sound was... wanting. I recently updated my home theater surround sound system. I'm now booming 650wt in 7.2 glorious heaven. & as the credits were rolling, my cousin leaned over & said "Loved the movie, but I think it would've sounded better at your house."
Saw it again a week or two later in IMAX 3D. Really loved it! I thought the 3D effects were very well done. I noticed that there was better sound separation in the IMAX 3D, & really good bass. But, as Centurion said, it was louder. Much louder! Loud is neat & really fun, but I think a good test for a surround sound system is how it does quiet. You should still be able to hear all the subtle nuances while watching a movie in (not wanting to wake the baby) low volume, & no speaker hiss when you crank up the volume while playing nothing.