No new 1/6ssss?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sire

Freaked Out
Reaction score
So the sideshow toyfair coverage is here and us Buffy fans get one 'new' figure, and on top of that its a rehash... Does anyone else feel jiped?
I was so hoping to see or at least hear about a new Anya or Wes or... any other. I dont really collect the PFs because of there price but even an Angel or Willow PF would've been nice...
BOO hoo.

Got to admit I am very disappointed. There is a total lack of love for the 12" scalethis year. Although the powers that be do say that there are plenty of 12" figures coming this year. We'll just have to wait and see.:monkey2

I'm totally pissed. yesterday, I still had a feeling we might get a surprise 12 inch announcement, but that flew away. Looking at the new Buffy the nly think I can think is "cheap!", and oh boy, it is not so cheap, if you know what I mean

We named our minvan "wesley"...

but we're weird. Our Xmas tree last year was "Willow"
This year it's Tara...

;)

I think we're going to have to name out little group the 'pathetic Wesley wanters' or something. :rolleyes:

Well look at the bright side. You're not alone in your anger about an incomplete line, the Kurgan Krusaders have been at this for quite awhile now.
Personally the rehash is kind of insulting.

I would of prefered a 12" figure seeing as i don't actually collect the PF but i think i'm gonna start doing if they keep up the quality. I want to see how the new Buffy turns out first then i might order her

I'm certainly disappointed that there are no new Buffy or Angel 12" announcements yet. However, I forget that Toy Fair really isn't AS big an event to Sideshow as SDCC. Now, it will be another story if there is no new figures to the line by SDCC. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

For me, there are still some holes in my Buffy collection so if I feel like getting my Buffy/Angel itch stratched, I can always dip in the back catalogue. :D

I went ahead and cancelled my Giles pre-order. Once I get my Jabba and Crumb pack, I'm done with Sideshow 1/6 figures. The way they run their 12" lines drives me nuts.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I went ahead and cancelled my Giles pre-order. Once I get my Jabba and Crumb pack, I'm done with Sideshow 1/6 figures. The way they run their 12" lines drives me nuts.

I think you're being a defeatist (I don't mean to be rude, sorry if that word ofends you in any way). I mean, what will you do if Sideshow starts releasing the figures you want to complete your collection any time soon? Patience is something we all need to have, I gess yours has run out, but I think you should just concentrate on what's coming soon, on what you're getting, and wait in the meantime for something to happen... it's what we all do... and so far, okay, it hasn't provided us with alot of stuff, but they say good things happen to those who wait... I don't know if I made sense at all.

olvidadero said:
I think you're being a defeatist (I don't mean to be rude, sorry if that word ofends you in any way).

I prefer to think of myself as a realist.

olvidadero said:
I mean, what will you do if Sideshow starts releasing the figures you want to complete your collection any time soon?

I think this Toyfair has done a pretty good job of proving that Sideshow is not a 1/6 company anymore, and I also think this rehashed PF Buffy proves where that license is now on Sideshow's food chain. Star Wars and LOTR are going to be the only 12" lines getting regular releases. Heck, they may be Sideshow's only 12" lines getting any releases at all. Sideshow has moved on and so have I.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I think this Toyfair has done a pretty good job of proving that Sideshow is not a 1/6 company anymore, and I also think this rehashed PF Buffy proves where that license is now on Sideshow's food chain. Star Wars and LOTR are going to be the only 12" lines getting regular releases. Heck, they may be Sideshow's only 12" lines getting any releases at all. Sideshow has moved on and so have I.

I'm sorry to insist, but why are you so sure this is not just some kind of hiatus? Why do you think they won't be making 12" figures anymore? I mean, I can see your point, but I cannot see where it comes from. Unless you tell me you heard it from someone at Sideshow, I still don't believe it. I think of myself as a realist (with SSC sometimes is a synonimous for optimist) as well, and I am well aware that we might wait a long long time for another release in the Buffy line (it has been that way lately so we're used to it), but I don't think they have stopped working on it definitely.

In the Sunday 2/11/07 "Ask Sideshow":

"This being said, there are many more 12-inch figures coming from Sideshow in 2007, along with a couple new 12-inch licensing announcements. "

What do you think?

Back