Costs of star wars props?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny1976

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am very late to collecting props and was really wanting to start. My question is will prop prices come down? I'm looking to pick up a few master replicas lightsabers and Luke's efx ANH or ESB helmet. I am having a hard time justifying paying what these are going for on ebay. I just lost out on an efx ANH helmet and was surprised to see that it went for $1200.00. So are these prices here to stay? Are the prices due to the new movie coming out?

Also what do you all think of the scaled props? The .33 and .45 replicas.

Thanks in advance for any input.

The props are going to be really hit or miss right now. It is definitely star wars hype. I started collecting the props about a year ago and the prices have gone up about double from that time frame. The best thing to do is be diligent on auctions for ebay. There are big swings on pieces and it is timing on who and when is bidding on things. For the efx helmet you are looking at, expect to pay at least $1,000 for a new one on average if not more.

The light sabers are going to run you between $600-$1500 for ANH Luke lightsaber as a example. There are three Luke ANH sabers I believe. 1) Regular release 2) collectors society and I think a 3) elite signature edition if I am not mistaken.

just follow the sold listings on ebay as that is your best range to go by and good luck!

All SW prices have inflated due to the movies.

I'm not sure we'll see prices go down again, at least to the level preceding TFA. This is because Disney intends to make more SW movies, and thus keep the hype up, and also due to the limited edition nature of these props. It's not the best time to buy high end SW collectibles or props, but not sure from now on it will ever be, unless buying new ones at retail (EFX, Anovos etc.)

If you want some props at a reasonable price, you will need to look at runs on The Rpf and forums like fxsabers. There's a few going on for Graflex replicas and they are going to be very comparable to any Master Replicas props.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Depends on how many are willing to part with their items. It's supply and demand, and right now the demand is significantly outweighing the supply.

As with buying anything on eBay, the key is patience. Go in knowing there will always be more of the item available for sale down the road (as limited as these things can seem, collectors seem to have a fair bit of turnover because of new acquisitions etc), and know how much is the most you'd be willing to pay for something. Stay out of bidding wars and look for the price you're comfortable with.

The hardest part of eBay isn't knowing when to bid and how much, it's knowing when to let an item go.

As with buying anything on eBay, the key is patience. Go in knowing there will always be more of the item available for sale down the road (as limited as these things can seem, collectors seem to have a fair bit of turnover because of new acquisitions etc), and know how much is the most you'd be willing to pay for something. Stay out of bidding wars and look for the price you're comfortable with.

The hardest part of eBay isn't knowing when to bid and how much, it's knowing when to let an item go.
Best you can do is say this is most I will pay make that your bid and if you win great, if not oh well. Don't get caught in the oh if had bid just a dollar more I might have won.

Best you can do is say this is most I will pay make that your bid and if you win great, if not oh well. Don't get caught in the oh if had bid just a dollar more I might have won.

Rpf is your place, but still I think you will pay top $ for most of them. There are few other makers out there, don't want to advertise here who make amazing SW props but again not cheap.

Back