Asmus Hobbit Tauriel sixth scale figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
This might be an all ladies week...not sure yet, but that's the way I'm leaning right now. I'm starting out with a look at the new Asmus Toys Tauriel sixth scale figure from The Hobbit. The female figures have been a bigger problem for Asmus, and while they've made some improvements here over their earlier Eowyn, they ended up with a different issue:

Review and photos of Asmus Toys The Hobbit Tauriel sixth scale action figure

or you can find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Captain Toy, Michael Crawford's Action Figure and Toy Reviews

Thanks for reading!

Michael

It's a shame this figure didn't come out as well as planned.

Interestingly enough, I think your picture with Aragorn is one of the best of him so far, it accentuates the likeness greatly.

A great and fair review! Thanks Michael!

Did you have any thoughts about the mix of sculpted and rooted hair? I was initially skeptical, but the look has been growing on me since they first showed it. Just wondering what it's like in hand. (I appreciate your photo of the back of her head, by the way. I think that's the first time we've seen a shot of the transition of the materials.)

A great and fair review! Thanks Michael!

Did you have any thoughts about the mix of sculpted and rooted hair? I was initially skeptical, but the look has been growing on me since they first showed it. Just wondering what it's like in hand. (I appreciate your photo of the back of her head, by the way. I think that's the first time we've seen a shot of the transition of the materials.)

I like it - I know some folks won't though, but probably never will. The biggest issue for the transition is the color, much more so than the change in materials. They need to get the color to match a little better, but it works well enough for me.

Star Ace was planning something like this for the ball gown Hermione as well, since she has this same sort of hair style, and the color there seemed much easier for them to match.

on the close up, it looks like Tauriel is half smiling and half irritated, looks like she's annoyed by something :rotfl, or in more rude words, she just recovered from a stroke

looks like she just saw her husband with another woman but has to compose herself because shes in public....

review_tauriel_5.jpg

Man this sucks. I've got her on preorder. She was going to be my second female figure after Eowyn. Extremely disappointing...

There appears to also be some odd spacing between her ear and her temple, like a no mans land of just skin.

Wow, she turned out pretty bad... can't see how a head like that would get past any sort of QC. The initial sculpt was quite nice too; but this looks like a very unfortunate cosplayer.

I feel like asmus was testing how collectors will tolerate this sculpt, and looks like with this review, most of the collectors won't

And damn the revised headsculpt that they showed before this really makes my expectation high

Back