Rambo: The television series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a cop out, but it makes sense. I think Rocky being in Creed made a lot of sense. Especially as a training. For someone hitting 70, can't expect him to be in another Rocky. Hoping Rambo would be here sooner than later.

So having Rambo as an older man, and kind of showing him with his son (which will be dumb but interesting to see how he came about), seems fitting. But I'm not too happy with all these movies to TV adaptations.

It is a cop out, but it makes sense. I think Rocky being in Creed made a lot of sense. Especially as a training. For someone hitting 70, can't expect him to be in another Rocky. Hoping Rambo would be here sooner than later.

So having Rambo as an older man, and kind of showing him with his son (which will be dumb but interesting to see how he came about), seems fitting. But I'm not too happy with all these movies to TV adaptations.

That's assuming Rambo is older in the show. Rambo might be played by a young actor, so Stallone might not even play the character and he just produces the show. Still, even if he does, I just don't see what this show can be about? It makes sense for Rocky to be mentor or a trainer because he's a boxer and that's what retire boxers do, that's the natural progression to a character like Rocky. However, Rambo is a completely different character in a completely different situation. He's a former solder trying to deal with his past...that's it. What happened to him in First Blood was just bad luck, and the other films, he's usually minding his own business away from the world, stick fighting for cash, working with monks, or catching snakes until someone needs his help. I don't see how you make a show of that? Unless he's solving people problems every week like The A Team? That would be silly, imo.

Well we have a huge gap between Rambo 3 and Rambo. I'm sure there could be something done in there. I feel the son thing has to do a lot with how these action heroes go about with the series. You got Bruce Willis and his son in Die Hard. The overall story could be something like a heavy connected organization and Rambo's kid goes about it. I can see Rambo being more of a person trying to do good after his events in Rambo; but that's assume if this would take after Rambo. I mean even something like having his son killed before Rambo could be a cool bridge.

I don't know, I'm trying to hard to justify it. :lol

His son is ex-military, could just be a mercenary going out against several people. Could be a covert show but to sell it, they slapped the name of Rambo on it.

How can his son be 'Rambo' if he doesn't experience everything that made Rambo who he is such as the Vietnam War, being a POW, the American Society after Vietnam and above all his friendship with Sam Trautman?

Daft idea when a young Johnny series could be made from him leaving the farm to Trautman recruiting him to the end of the war and his harsh treatment for fighting in South East Asia by the American public.

Rambo: New Blood TV Series in Development; Rambo 5 on Hold

Sylvester Stallone was undoubtedly a staple of 1980s action films. After finding success in the modern era with The Expendables and recently with his noteworthy role in the Rocky spinoff Creed, Stallone’s name seems to hold water in Hollywood even now. He’s currently working on yet another project related to one of his long-running franchises, as it were.

Fox is now working alongside Stallone, Ari Lerner (Millennium Films), and Entertainment One on a Rambo TV series – tentatively titled Rambo: New Blood. However, it appears the fifth feature film installment in the franchise, previously known as Rambo: Last Blood has been indefinitely shelved, as a result.

Deadline reports that Die Hard writer Jeb Stuart is one of the creative forces behind Rambo’s small screen revival, along with Stallone, Millennium Films, and eOne. Unlike the Beverly Hills Cop series developed for CBS, in which Eddie Murphy would pop in every now and then to advise his son, sources claim the Rambo series will feature the aging action hero prominently. However, the primary focus will indeed be on John Rambo’s son, an ex-Navy SEAL ‘creatively’ named J.R., and his relationship with his father.

A different Rambo TV series was pitched in 2013, but it fell into development limbo. Stallone and Lerner, who collaborated on 2008’s Rambo, have since kept working on making Rambo: Last Blood a reality in the two years since then. Now that Fox has expressed interest in a television series, though, Stallone and co. have switched gears, placing Last Blood into a holding pattern while they develop the series.

The last time Rambo saw action on the small screen was in the 1986 animated series Rambo: The Force of Freedom. While that series fell short of living up to the franchise name, this new TV show has potential. The intergenerational conflict and the current political climate could lead Rambo and Son on a series of thought provoking or at least action-packed adventures. Depending on how it’s written (and Jeb Stuart is no slouch), New Blood could not only be an exciting series but could also probe the issues facing aging veterans and the tolls war takes — as the 2008 film somewhat addressed.

With some Oscar buzz around Stallone’s performance in Creed and the film’s initial success, now could be the time for a Rambo series to do well – if given the right budget and angle. Of course, casting will be the key. Having the right actor portray Rambo’s son, one who both looks the part but also has the chops to pull off a complex father-son dynamic, is vital. Stallone’s role in the series will also seriously impact the show and its potential ratings, too.

another junior??

you know what happened to die hard with junior....

i say, let him be rambo jr too.:woo
500px-John_McClane,_Jr_-_Profile.png

**** it. I'd accept it if it was a comedy with Rambo's illegitimate son being played by Christopher Mintz-Plasse

Chris-Mintz-Plasse-christopher-mintz-plasse-23177522-500-681.jpg

..and the premise was that John Snr s fatherly advice is constantly to deal with frivolous, non-threatening situations (amounting to little more than slight humiliation) with deadly, over the top, military force. John Jnr gets a bit worse for wear in a Kareoke bar, strips off stark bollockso naked and a squad of good natured, middle-aged bikers gently mock his mini manhood. Next thing you know, they're being hunted down...one by one...or being challenged to a game of football on horseback with a dead sheep as a ball.

960.jpg

Despite years of Sly claiming he was toying with an idea for a Rambo V, his new acclaim for dramatic chops has him thinking he’s done with the action game
image: https://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png

“The heart’s willing, but the body says, ‘Stay home!’” he says. “It’s like fighters that go back for one last round and get clobbered. Leave it to someone else.”

He also confirmed that he’s not involved at all with the recently proposed “Rambo: New Blood” TV series at Fox, which will revolve around the character’s heretofore unseen son.

“I don’t want to cast aspersions,” Stallone says, “but it’s delicate to try to replace a character with his son. I’ve seen the son of Flicka, the son of Tarzan, the son of King Kong. It’s a very difficult premise.”

Read more at Sylvester Stallone Teases Creed 2 Plans, Shoots Down Rambo V

Sylvester Stallone is hanging up his headband and retiring from the role of John Rambo.

Speaking with Variety, Stallone said that it's time to move on from the iconic role and film series. "The heart’s willing, but the body says, ‘Stay home!' It’s like fighters that go back for one last round and get clobbered. Leave it to someone else."

So while Stallone has previously discussed a fifth film, supposedly titled Last Blood: Rambo, the 69-year-old actor has apparently had a change of heart. Noting he's content with how the fourth movie left things for Rambo, Stallone added: "There’s nothing left. When they asked me to do another ‘Rambo,’ I said, ‘If I can’t do better than I did last time, and I can’t, then why?'"
I'm happy the tv show isn't happening, but too bad about Rambo 5.

Back