Nitro's Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know this isn't anywhere close to alot of your collections. But right now, I'm completely renovating my new home (I'll show a sneak peak of 2 before and after pics) and wanted to show you guys what I have in store for the room my wife likes to call "The Movie Room".

Just to give you guys a heads up, the place isn't done completely...as I'm moving in the larger furniture in next weekend. The lighting may be a little dark for my collection pic (and I'll apologize in advance). I just want to use this as a stepping stone for my rest of my current collection within due time...

I'll add more and more pics as more progress has been made to the room. I know I made mention that I picked up some Detolf shelves over the week. If you have any advice on how to display things a little better, I'd definately appreciate it and take the advice to heart. So without further ado I bring to you...

Here is what the spare room looked like before (pretty nasty huh??):
Picture441.jpg

Here's the after (with some decent lighting):
Picture479.jpg

And here is the collection set-up with the poor lighting. I'm kicking myself for leaving the Non lights behind at Ikea. But the lighting will be improving shortly so bear with me...
I still have to put up the movie posters. I already put up the picture as seen in the previous pic:
Picture476.jpg

Picture477.jpg

Here's a sampling of a before and after of what I'm working with while renovating this house:
Picture439.jpg

Picture481.jpg

Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy!!

NITRO!!!! I can easily see the full potential that room will have:

devil-sign.gif
devil-sign.gif
devil-sign.gif

Also, i love what you did with the kitchen. Neat.

Thank you Toe!! I'm working with pretty much what I have. My "Movie Room" is basically a spare room sectioned off (It's only a 9x12 room) between the master bedroom and the dining room.

The home used to belong to my 93 year old uncle before he passed. He asked me and the wife a few years back in case of his death or anything happens (confined to treatment at a nursing home, hospital, hospice, etc where he wouldn't be able to come home) if we would like to move in and keep the residence within the family. Me and the wife were flattered and said yes. Unfortunately, with his passing last month and a slow period at work (i'm in the home improvement field--it's typical for this time of year), I've been spending long hours trying to get everything done for a move in day set for sometime before March 1st.

I completely overhauled the whole interior (just gotta tweak a few things)...but it's definately getting there. Now that the costs have been paid off for the cost of materials (I did the majority of the work...I had a friend of mine help me with the cabinets and plumbing--so everything is paid off completely). Now I can focus on getting some more Sideshow items...a few caught my eye as of late with the Toy Fair announcements...so now instead of focusing on fixing up this old house...I can focus on continuing collecting for that movie room...

Nice, i an see a bit of your collection i saw a Scarface poster and also the Godfather one, your home is looking good, congrats!

Sounds like we're in the same boat. My wife and I moved into my grandmother's house in much the same way. I've been in there for about three years and am slowly remodeling room by room. I am the second owner of a 75 year old home! I don't know about you but to me the worst part about these homes is the lack of overhead lighting (which I've taken care of in all of our rooms now) and the closet space. We had an old pantry that I turned into a walk in closet for my wife. It was awful before that addition. I do have my own computer/collection room that's about 10' X 10'. I've almost got it to the point I can start taking some pictures. A friend of mine gave me this great Ikea shelf that's about 6' wide and 8' tall. I'm going to remove the top shelf because I don't have room to fit my PFs up there. Dracula rubs the ceiling and Grevous doesn't come close to fitting.

By the way is that real tile behind the sink? Looks great.

Nitro said:
Thank you Toe!! I'm working with pretty much what I have. My "Movie Room" is basically a spare room sectioned off (It's only a 9x12 room) between the master bedroom and the dining room.

The home used to belong to my 93 year old uncle before he passed. He asked me and the wife a few years back in case of his death or anything happens (confined to treatment at a nursing home, hospital, hospice, etc where he wouldn't be able to come home) if we would like to move in and keep the residence within the family. Me and the wife were flattered and said yes. Unfortunately, with his passing last month and a slow period at work (i'm in the home improvement field--it's typical for this time of year), I've been spending long hours trying to get everything done for a move in day set for sometime before March 1st.

I completely overhauled the whole interior (just gotta tweak a few things)...but it's definately getting there. Now that the costs have been paid off for the cost of materials (I did the majority of the work...I had a friend of mine help me with the cabinets and plumbing--so everything is paid off completely). Now I can focus on getting some more Sideshow items...a few caught my eye as of late with the Toy Fair announcements...so now instead of focusing on fixing up this old house...I can focus on continuing collecting for that movie room...

Rocktonix said:
Sounds like we're in the same boat. My wife and I moved into my grandmother's house in much the same way. I've been in there for about three years and am slowly remodeling room by room. I am the second owner of a 75 year old home! I don't know about you but to me the worst part about these homes is the lack of overhead lighting (which I've taken care of in all of our rooms now) and the closet space. We had an old pantry that I turned into a walk in closet for my wife. It was awful before that addition. I do have my own computer/collection room that's about 10' X 10'. I've almost got it to the point I can start taking some pictures. A friend of mine gave me this great Ikea shelf that's about 6' wide and 8' tall. I'm going to remove the top shelf because I don't have room to fit my PFs up there. Dracula rubs the ceiling and Grevous doesn't come close to fitting.

By the way is that real tile behind the sink? Looks great.

Thanks for the kind words!! I'm happy that I'm not alone with renovating my uncles home (my grandparents lived downstairs on the first floor). Problem is that the house needed so much work before me and the wife were set to move in. Luckily, my profession is along the lines of a contractor and alot of the renovations were kinda easy.

The only projects I steer clear from are anything that had to do with plumbing or electrical. I have a buddy that's properly licensed. He asked that I take him out for a beer and I just pay for any materials needed to complete the electrical and plumbing jobs in the home.

The collection room is my pride and joy in the new room. It's a bit small as the room is 9x12. But with my funds away from buying gallons of paint, tile, grout, supplies, etc...even the cabinets itself, I can focus on maintaining a classy collection of movie collectibles adding more in due time. I scored with those movie posters. They have them in the clearance section at Bed, Bath, & Beyond marked down from $50 to around $21 a piece. I picked up The Godfather, Scarface, Star Wars: A New Hope SE, and Jaws (which is already up on the wall in back of my DVD cabinet). They also had Gone With The Wind & Breakfast At Tiffany's...

The overhead lighting is a pain in the place. Currently, the lights have all pull switches overhead but they all work fine. I'm going to wait a little while on the overhead lighting because I need to be out of my current place before March 1st and my buddy is working on the plumbing in the kitchen pantry (which is more important because there is no running water currently in the kitchen). Eventually he is going to work his way to the bathroom where I'm putting in a new countertop. Hopefully, I'll have everything moved into the place...

Closet space is horrible in my place too. The closets are way too small to store clothes (the hangers won't even fit). So I turned the hallway closet into my clothes closet. My wife is getting the 6x12 dining room pantry that I fixed up as a walk-in closet.

The tile is real. I needed about 20 sq. to cover that section of wall. It wasn't too hard to do. I needed to borrow a tile cutter for the job though...

Just collect what you want. You don't to get everything Sideshow brings out. I wish I had an extra room as big as that. Keep us updated on the remodeling. :rock :rock :rock

TOE said:
Just collect what you want. You don't to get everything Sideshow brings out. I wish I had an extra room as big as that. Keep us updated on the remodeling. :rock :rock :rock

Yea, not everybody canbe Josh :rotfl :rotfl Everything looks good man, congrats

Well I updated the room a little bit...here is a better lit version of the room along with my pair of Detolfs containing my Star Wars PF's (Han, Leia, Obi, Vader) along with my Master Replicas Kermit:

Picture484.jpg

The opposite side of the same room with my new futon I got for relaxing/lounging/etc. This is going to severely cramp my ability to add more Detolfs (I can probably add 1 or 2 more without making the place too cluttered):

Picture485.jpg

I put up only 2 movie posters (Star Wars & Jaws) above my DVD cabinet by the entrance/exit. The other two (Scarface & The Godfather) are stored away with my Sideshow boxes in the basement. I tried putting them all up. But it just didn't look right...it looked a little too much considering the room can fit a 9 x 12 rug perfectly. These framed movie posters were hung by the only door in the room.

Also, I'll note that the wife nixed the idea of my framed IMAX SW: AOTC poster. She thought Yoda was too creepy. I guess my wish to get the Yoda Bust is down in flames at the moment:

Picture486.jpg

And here is another before and after from my home's restoration from the living room as promised. The before is how my late uncle set things up, the after pics are what's currently in the room.

Before:
Picture488.jpg

After:
Picture497.jpg

Picture498.jpg

Anyways, when my collection eventually expands I'll update the thread. Until then...I hope you enjoy the pics. I put so much time and money into restoring the house that I put my collecting on the backburner for a short time. I'll be jumping in shortly with some new Sideshow products...but I gotta be picky considering the amount of space I have left....

Nitro's,room looks great and it's a great investment fixing the house and having a sideshow collection to so Either way you win. room looks great. :D

Great work Nitro, those before and afters of the living room are great!

BTW, if you are looking for a cheap and easy way to hang your FX lightsaber here's a great tutorial that only costs about $2 to accomplish. Its by bobodohn and is about 1/3 of the way down the page.

Back