One door closes and another one opens

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheObsoleteMan

Super Freak
Reaction score
I may not have Sideshow's Angel line anymore, but I think I just found my new collecting focus, Diamond Select's new line of Buffy/Angel statues. Angel kicking in those doors is as badass as it gets.

angel.jpg

buffy.jpg

willow.jpg

spike.jpg

Buffy - WICKED, excellent incorporation of a vampire being dusted, AWESOME

Angel - definitely bad-ass, looking good

Willow - face needs work

Spike - good sculpt, stiff pose

So it looks like this line kicks off with Spike in August, and then another one every two months. Knowing something is coming out and when will be a nice change of pace.

Who was soliciting the Buffy/Angel snowglobe, and Willow's Dark Magick (sp?) book and Mr. Pointy prop replicas, was it Diamond Select? I'm only asking because I heard that the snow globe and book were cancelled and Mr Pointy was on hold.

Abosolutely amazing dioramas, I hope they won't mess up the production process as usual with DST! I'm so getting these, I love Willow!!

I've seen the pictures at the action-figure gallery and they look amazing! My favourite is Spike, the detail of the sculpt and the likeness are amazing, I'm in love with that diorama as of today. Buffy has two versions, I like the one that you posted better, but her face sculpt is weird, it looks like a chubby ordinary jane, even though Sarah Michelle Gellar's likeness is there in some way. Willow's is amazing, I love it. And Angel's looks great from what can see, I love the action pose breaking the door, it's so cool. However, the head sits weird on the neck...

These look interesting; I especially like the pose on the Buffy statue, and, the Willow is just too cute for the room. I'll definitely be keeping and eye on these as they approach release.

But... "Essence of..." ?!? :lol

bffybt.jpg

Ive just seen these over on the btvs fig forum and i must say I LOVE THEM!!!Especially buffy,I carnt wait to get these,def my fav piece of merchandise ever made.Dst have stepped up there game.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Supposedly they're going to be around 9" tall, so I'd guess $100 - $125.

I don't know if I would but them at that price. When I look at them I think of what Mcfarlane does for 15-20$ and I can't help comparing. At that price, I'd start thinking of robbery...

olvidadero said:
I don't know if I would but them at that price. When I look at them I think of what Mcfarlane does for 15-20$ and I can't help comparing. At that price, I'd start thinking of robbery...
$20 for well sculpted 9" resin statues? If they were plastic and had less detailed bases maybe, but no way you're getting resin statues for that price.

TheObsoleteMan said:
$20 for well sculpted 9" resin statues? If they were plastic and had less detailed bases maybe, but no way you're getting resin statues for that price.

Hmmm I thought they were plastic statues, kind of like the MacFarlane Lost figures. Sorry. In that case, I gess they're worth that price.

Slayerverse98 said:
That's quite high for what they are but then again they do seem to look really detailed and accuare likenesses

That's just my guess, I could see them maybe being a bit less, maybe $80 - $90. With how detailed the bases are though, I doubt it.

I'd pay loads for that buffy,it will be at lleast $110.Dsts bust and statues cost more than £40 and this soo much better.There serenty river statue is $100 so this should be around that.I love this.

Back