A question about "Iron Man III", the movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowcat

Freakalicious
Reaction score
To be honest, I didn't really know where to post this thread, and so I have posted it in here, but, moderators please feel free to move it wherever you think it's better :)

Ok, so, I have heard that several people didn't like "Iron Man III", the movie. May I know the reasons why? According to me, it wasn't a bad movie at all.

To be honest, I didn't really know where to post this thread, and so I have posted it in here, but, moderators please feel free to move it wherever you think it's better :)

Ok, so, I have heard that several people didn't like "Iron Man III", the movie. May I know the reasons why? According to me, it wasn't a bad movie at all.

There is a forum for talking about movies/tv.

The Mandarin twist.
I know what you mean. Anyway, I thought that this Mandarin was a very original and interesting choice. A completely different character from the one in the comic books, I know, but an interesting one, anyways.

:lecture This forum is meant to discuss toys. There is a separate one for movies and probably a thread already for IM3.
I was looking for a forum for discussing Marvel movies, but I can't find it. Can anybody please help me? I'm very new in here :)

Thank you very much, Natalie! I am new to this kind of forums and so I still haven't understood where exactly I have to post new threads :)

I think the Mandarin twist was a real turn off for people; especially because at first he seemed like such a good take on the character before we find out he's not real. It's a missed opportunity really.

I love Iron Man 3. I love the Mark 42 and Iron Patriot suits, the villain is awesome, I can't believe we haven't gotten a figure of him yet, those tattoos would look sick on a muscle body with a Guy Pearce sculpt. The music is fantastic, love the end credits, it has a great real world feel with the attack on Tony's house, you actually felt he was in danger. I don't mind the Mandarin twist as much, I mean did people really think Ben Kinglsey was going to face off with Iron Man?

People should listen to Drew Pearce and Shane Black's commentary with the film, it does help you appreciate it even more. The only thing that bugs me are the suits showing up at the end.

I think the Mandarin twist was a real turn off for people; especially because at first he seemed like such a good take on the character before we find out he's not real. It's a missed opportunity really.

I understand your point of view, but I think they try to do something new in the movies in order to make them different from the comic books, so that they are more surprising :)

Well said, Johnny U. I agree with pretty much everything. I'm a very long time Iron Man fan--he used to be my favorite character when I first started reading comics way way back in 1978/9 when I was around 6 or so. And I don't mind the Mandarin twist. I thought the dialogue was snappy and fun. My favorite line: "Honestly, I hate working here. Everyone's so weird":lol. I loved the plane rescue as well.

I haven't listened to that commentary--I'll have to get to that!

I didn't think it was a bad movie. I don't know anything about Iron Man outside of the movies and an episode or two of the old cartoon, but it was pretty entertaining. I'm more of a DC fan when it comes to comics. I think the hardcore fan's complaints are all about the Mandarin; I haven't heard much complaining about anything else. :dunno

I love Iron Man 3. I love the Mark 42 and Iron Patriot suits, the villain is awesome, I can't believe we haven't gotten a figure of him yet, those tattoos would look sick on a muscle body with a Guy Pearce sculpt. The music is fantastic, love the end credits, it has a great real world feel with the attack on Tony's house, you actually felt he was in danger. I don't mind the Mandarin twist as much, I mean did people really think Ben Kinglsey was going to face off with Iron Man?
People should listen to Drew Pearce and Shane Black's commentary with the film, it does help you appreciate it even more.

I totally agree. The Mark 42 suit is one of my favorite Iron Man suits, I think it looks great, especially the damaged version. The villain portrayed by Guy Pearce is great, and I must admit I liked Ben Kingsley's Mandarin very much. When I found out he was not the "real" Mandarin it was a big surprise for me, it made me laugh a lot! :D
And the music is amazing, indeed.

What bothered me is why didn't Tony activate at least some of the Legion during the mansion attack, he was in touch with Jarvis. That bothered me more than the Mandarin twist. I actually like Trevor's oddball personality.

I think people also thought the time with the kid dragged and that most of the suit time did not have tony physically in it.

I thought the movie was okay. It was better than Iron Man 2 and better than some of the other phase II movies (ie, Thor: Dark World) but worse than others (ie, Captain America: WS). However, since this was the end of the Iron Man trilogy, I would have liked something more epic. Also, Tony Stark's epiphany at the end was kind of meaningless since he was back to building armor and being in the suit for AOU. Though that would be AOU's issue moreso than being a knock against Iron Man 3.

Last edited:
Because like most Marvel Studios, it blows.

I can count the ones with staying power on one hand.... GOTG, CA:TWS, IM, Avengers.... Outside of that I liked, not loved, CA:TFA and both Thor movies, but the rest is pretty forgettable. IM2 and 3 stink. Antman didn't leave me wanting to see more and AOU was a huge letdown.

I think people also thought the time with the kid dragged and that most of the suit time did not have tony physically in it.

I thought the movie was okay. It was better than Iron Man 2 and better than some of the other phase II movies (ie, Thor: Dark World) but worse than others (ie, Captain America: WS). However, since this was the end of the Iron Man trilogy, I would have liked something more epic. Also, Tony Stark's epiphany at the end was kind of meaningless since he was back to building armor and being in the suit for AOU. Though that would be AOU's issue moreso than being a knock against Iron Man 3.

That's exactly why I didn't like it. The plane rescue was one of the coolest scenes in the movie and he wasn't even in the suit. Seemed like he was out of the suit for most of the movie. IM3 might actually be my least favorite of the MCU movies. That or Thor: The Dark World, so far I've had no desire to watch either one a second time.

Back