Hi All! Novice but long time collector looking for guidance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-Squared

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi All. Nice to meet you!

So I have always collected statues from anime and comic series (and what ever you would consider the gorillaz band), but I was never really PART of the art. I never went to forums nor did I know where good ones were at, or paint any myself. I just saw characters I liked and bought them.

A while ago I bought the Premium format Jessica Rabbit statue. She is my PRIDE AND JOY! my most favored.
but I screwed up. I would always occasionally clean dust off my statues and one of the main ways I cleaned them was with sanitation wipes. I don't know why it took allt hese years just for me to realize on my jessica statue, but her skin paint has faded. a lot of my other statues are fine aside from one, none the less I realized I screwed up.

I bought this when they were just being released for around 300$ and that hurt my wallet pretty bad. now they sell for 1k!!!!
and I have no knowledge on how to repair and properly care for them. So its time for me to get more into the scene. to better take care of my future pride and joys and fix the past.

Anyways I look to get to know you guys more and know more of the industry!

If people know other forums Id be glad to hear!

I got referred to this place when I called the people who actually made my Jessica statue.

Thanks All!

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, J-Squared!
wavesmile.gif

If you haven't already stopped using the sanitation wipes, I suggest you stop now.

I use canned air and a lady's blush brush to clean my statues.

You can always have the paint repaired by having someone redo the paint app. There are several amazing artists on this board that will do it for a decent price.

I had my Slave Leai repainted and she looks amazing now! :rock

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, J-Squared!
wavesmile.gif

If you haven't already stopped using the sanitation wipes, I suggest you stop now.

I use canned air and a lady's blush brush to clean my statues.

You can always have the paint repaired by having someone redo the paint app. There are several amazing artists on this board that will do it for a decent price.

I had my Slave Leai repainted and she looks amazing now! :rock

Thanks. I expect to pay if some one is willing! would you be willing to reference me to the said artist? and is there possibly a before and after comparison?

Thanks for the Welcome as well guys ^^

p.s Yes i stopped using wipes! canned air and a SOFT damped rag is what ive been using

Back