Happy Back To the Future Day! (October 21st 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
(Depending on where you live) it's Back To The Future Day!! :dance :woo

Made this for my Instagram:

image.jpg

Why are we celebrating? What did this movie get right? Where's the Hot Special? Where's the flying cars? Where's the shoes... boards... anything?

Why are we celebrating? What did this movie get right? Where's the Hot Special? Where's the flying cars? Where's the shoes... boards... anything?

The Cubs are still in the playoffs, embarrassing melt-down pending. And, Miami has a baseball team (eliminated and in the NL, so can't be beaten by the Cubs for the Series).

Tomorrow is my youngest son's 4th birthday. Maybe I ought to get him something BTTF.

SnakeDoc

Isn't Nike working on the automatic laces?

Yep. Release date is probably going to be announced in the next 24 hours according to Nike. The frenzy will be nuts on those things come release day.

I saw that pic in the other thread. That was pretty darn cool. Where did you get that from?

It was from NYCC15. Each day they were giving away 200 bottles at Cafe 80s and trying to keep track of who already got one since some people tried to get back on line but were spotted. People were swapping clothes/vests as well and the people there were not too fond of that. I found out about it on Saturday since I was working that day, and came back the next day and lined up early.

It was from NYCC15. Each day they were giving away 200 bottles at Cafe 80s and trying to keep track of who already got one since some people tried to get back on line but were spotted. People were swapping clothes/vests as well and the people there were not too fond of that. I found out about it on Saturday since I was working that day, and came back the next day and lined up early.

That is awesome!!! Very cool. :rock

This BTFF II spectacle has got to stop. Most stuff being sensationalized is pertaining to the juxtaposition of how tech has evolved today. I get the novelty of comparing what did and didn't happen, but these media outlet have to stop putting everything under a microscope- it's a science fiction comedy movie for crying out loud, stop making comments like "Doc Brown would have never predicted the iPhone". It's like the movie is being pointed at for its' inaccuracies and people saying "Oh, how quaint" for the sake of novelty, rather than enjoying the movie itself.

That being said, happy BTFFII day!

This BTFF II spectacle has got to stop. Most stuff being sensationalized is pertaining to the juxtaposition of how tech has evolved today. I get the novelty of comparing what did and didn't happen, but these media outlet have to stop putting everything under a microscope- it's a science fiction comedy movie for crying out loud, stop making comments like "Doc Brown would have never predicted the iPhone". It's like the movie is being pointed at for its' inaccuracies and people saying "Oh, how quaint" for the sake of novelty, rather than enjoying the movie itself.

That being said, happy BTFFII day!

True. People are jumping on what is just a fun day for BTTF fans to over analyse everything that the movie got wrong about 2015.

I am tired of everybody saying BTTF is just a SciFi Comedy. Fact is the triology is a documentary.
There is only one reason why we do not have hoverboards and all the other cool stuff: Marty and Doc had to change the time continuum in order to stop Biff.

Btw: How awesome is this?! My wife just presented me a BTTF2 (by Diamond Select) today. This girl never stops to amaze me. :bow

4441BD1C-D2AF-4160-8271-97B0D65BB89E-202-00000023360FE3A7.jpg

I was listening to NPR yesterday, and one of the production designers from BTTF 2 came on. He said that they were never trying to predict the future. They were just trying to dramatically emphasize the stuff that was popular at the time, from a futuristic point of view. It was supposed to be a fun way to get the audience interested in the story. So yeah, the over-analysis is a bit silly. Happy day, everyone! Anything to help people remember and wax nostalgic about this awesome franchise is a good thing.

Back