When will they be charging for Spike?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olvidadero

Chipmunk Robot on Ice
Reaction score
I wonder when do we have to pay the first instalment. It's my first pre-order directly from Sideshow. Does anyone know?

More importantly, when is he coming out? I can't believe I ordered a PF of Captain America and ignored my first love of sci-fi, comic collectibles... Buffy! I just own so much Buffy stuff I figured I should have a more well rounded collection. What happens to the day I am no longer the fan I am today? That's a whole lot of Buffy stuff, and money blown on one medium.

You should really order Spike, Eli. This PF looks incredible. And with the change-o-heads, you can't go wrong. I plan on displaying the vampire head myself, but it sounds like a number of other people plan on displaying the "human" head.

It says in the newsletter that the first payment was to be made on Feb. 10th, and we will get a delay notification. What does that mean? Will we have to wait, until when?

I may sell some of my 6" action figures which I don't collect anymore, some of which being from my MAC Buffy collection to support the idea of being able to purchase the 1/4 PF Spike. I am more into collecting the higher end pieces now. Low end action figures don't do it for me anymore, even if the sculpt is dead on. Which hasn't been the case for the craptastic stuff DST has put out. They totally butchered the Faith figures from their latest line!

Good plan! I'm sticking to the DST , because i love having those little fellas, with so many variants. The preoduction quality has dropped seriously, but I love getting figures of characters such as Dawn (terrific likeness), Joyce, Wood, Kennedy (even though I kinda hated her)... with DST it's all about quantity better than quality these days, however, i'm okay wth that. But I think what you plan on doing is great, I'm sure having PF Spike is worth the sacrifice. Besides, in the near future, I'm sure the DST line would be cheaper to get than the PF Spike, which will increase its value once he's released and sold out.

It's all about quality for me. I also hate how generic the bodies are, but the sculpting and paint aps have been such a miss vs. hit nowadays I think I am terminating the 6" Buffy/Angel line completely. Some of DSTs saving graces, the Buffy Graduation 6" deluxe figure, Illyria, the first of DSTs Spikes, some of the Willows, and the Dawns that you had mentioned. Their busts also rock. I'll still keep collecting their busts line. :)

Eli26 said:
Their busts also rock. I'll still keep collecting their busts line. :)

If you ask me, the busts are hit or miss, too. I'm really looking forward to the Dark Witch Willow one though.

olvidadero said:
It says in the newsletter that the first payment was to be made on Feb. 10th, and we will get a delay notification. What does that mean? Will we have to wait, until when?

On the Spike page it details the payment schedule: first payment March 10th. He is EXPECTED to arrive at the VERY end of April and start processing first week of May, so last payment May 10th for FLEXpayers. Of course, this is still just an estimation right now, and may move around a bit before he finally hits the water on his way to the U.S. warehouse. :duff

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=71681FLEX

SideshowDusty said:
On the Spike page it details the payment schedule: first payment March 10th. He is EXPECTED to arrive at the VERY end of April and start processing first week of May, so last payment May 10th for FLEXpayers. Of course, this is still just an estimation right now, and may move around a bit before he finally hits the water on his way to the U.S. warehouse. :duff

Thank you so much Dusty! March 10th sounds great to me. It gives me time to save a little bit more. I'd die if I missed this statue. Oh, and I hope by May. when he starts shipping in the US, the shipping process to EU has been improved and we get ours sooner than usual! ^^

SideshowDusty said:

Thanks Dusty! Just curious but do international orders get shipped later that US ones?

I'm undecided about getting Spike. I were thinking of getting him to go with the new PF Buffy but Spike isn't exactly one of my favorite characters and i'm kind of worried that if i order him and change my mind then i have to pay cancellation fees which is fine but it's somthing i'd rather avoid, lol. It doesn't help knowing that there's low quantity of him. Last time i wanted the PF Buffy she sold out before i could get an account made with Sideshow and i wanted her. If i wanted to buy her now i'd have to pay eBay's extortionate prices which is something i don't really want to do. I want to avoid this with Spike also which is why i'm undecided about getting him because i know if i miss out on him then it's the mad prices i'll have to pay on eBay

Slayerverse98 said:
I'm undecided about getting Spike. I were thinking of getting him to go with the new PF Buffy but Spike isn't exactly one of my favorite characters and i'm kind of worried that if i order him and change my mind then i have to pay cancellation fees which is fine but it's somthing i'd rather avoid, lol. It doesn't help knowing that there's low quantity of him. Last time i wanted the PF Buffy she sold out before i could get an account made with Sideshow and i wanted her. If i wanted to buy her now i'd have to pay eBay's extortionate prices which is something i don't really want to do. I want to avoid this with Spike also which is why i'm undecided about getting him because i know if i miss out on him then it's the mad prices i'll have to pay on eBay

So, you made a good summary of why is good getting Spike now. They start taking payments March 10th, so you have time to cancel if you change your mind, and time to save for him if you decide to keep it (and if you need to save). I say go pre-order! It'd be a grea contribution to the continuity of the line!

I think i will order him. I won't need to save if i use the flexpay for him which is really handy. Are the pictures on the website the finished product?

No. They are of the prototype. The pictures of him from TF07 I've seen has only been closeups of his face, so I don't know if they have made any much discussed changes to the coat..

Spikes missing his belt! What gives:confused:
The footing is also very different too, feet are closer together and awkward looking.

IMG_1918.JPG

71681_press01-001.jpg

Back