Die Hard 6 is a Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What origin? He's an average cop from NY, who is always in the wrong place at the wrong time :lol

Exactly.

I will actually fly across the world and egg the director's house if the film opens with a scene of John's father getting into a Die Hard style scrape and telling little Johnny McClane that he shouldn't worry, and that Daddy McClane will train him up just in case he ever gets stuck in a confined space and needs to fight 12 terrorists to save his wife and several other hostages and get out alive to spend Christmas with his family.

Exactly.

I will actually fly across the world and egg the director's house if the film opens with a scene of John's father getting into a Die Hard style scrape and telling little Johnny McClane that he shouldn't worry, and that Daddy McClane will train him up just in case he ever gets stuck in a confined space and needs to fight 12 terrorists to save his wife and several other hostages and get out alive to spend Christmas with his family.

:lol

Yeah, he's a regular guy, not some trained terrorist hunter with a secret background. Plus, I think the first film gives the audience enough information about his background and what kind of guy he is. If in this prequel he's fighting terrorist or saving the world, then what happened to him in Die Hard becomes almost trivial, because it wouldn't be the first time he's dealing with something so unexpected.

Obviously, this is an awful idea and will be awful.

But more importantly is that I'd completely forgotten there were five of these. I remember Live Free or Die Hard existing (never bothered with it), but had completely forgotten that A Good Day existed. Probably for good reason.

They should just do one final sequel, called Old Habits Die Hard with an old retired John McClane in his last adventure during Christmas day in a shopping mall or during fourth of July in some public event involving a politician and a group of extremists :lol

:lol

Yeah, he's a regular guy, not some trained terrorist hunter with a secret background. Plus, I think the first film gives the audience enough information about his background and what kind of guy he is. If in this prequel he's fighting terrorist or saving the world, then what happened to him in Die Hard becomes almost trivial, because it wouldn't be the first time he's dealing with something so unexpected.

I can't see this movie ending any other way. If there's ever a movie that will ruin John McClane, it's a film that will glorify his NYPD cop days as a normal guy with a normal life.

This movie will just be depressing. It'll have to work in elements of divorce drama too. No one wants to see John's marriage break apart, we want to see him save it.

What a ****ing stupid idea for a movie.

They should just do one final sequel, called Old Habits Die Hard with an old retired John McClane in his last adventure during Christmas day in a shopping mall or during fourth of July in some public event involving a politician and a group of extremists :lol

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The Clown Prince of Crime again. :lol

Young John McClane, eh?

looperjglfield.jpg

What happened to the idea that he would be in Japan being honored by Nakatomi for the anniversary of the original?

This is beyond retarded, not the least of the reasons why being that Willis will never be able to pull off looking the way he did 27 years ago.

I thought the idea of having McClane going up against the kids of the Gruber brothers and Colonel Stuart, General Esperanza and Major Grant sounded bad....it just gets worse.

May be they should remake Die Hard as it was originally written with Arnie's John Matrix saving his daughter from 'Little Tony' and his gang, at least it would fit in with the original novel Nothing Lasts Forever as his protagonist is retired and out of shape. :lol

The thing I hate even more than reboots... ****ing prequels.

At least Lethal Weapon is getting a reboot (doesn't need it) and not this crap.

I can't see this movie ending any other way. If there's ever a movie that will ruin John McClane, it's a film that will glorify his NYPD cop days as a normal guy with a normal life.

This movie will just be depressing. It'll have to work in elements of divorce drama too. No one wants to see John's marriage break apart, we want to see him save it.

What a ****ing stupid idea for a movie.

Well, they're probably not going to cover John and Holly's split, because they seem to want it to take place in 1979 (why the hell are '70s period pieces so popular these days?) when McClane was still basically a rookie. Maybe they can make a movie about him writing parking tickets for two hours.

Back