RUMOR: Marvel Regains FANTASTIC FOUR Rights; First Movie Due Out In 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Yesterday's announcement that Fox had struck a deal with Marvel that allowed them to produce two TV shows led to many wondering what the latter got in return. Well, we may just have found out! A new report claims that Marvel's First Family are returning home.

Could we finally see the Fantastic Four back under the Marvel Studios umbrella? That's what Den Of Geek is reporting, anyway. According to them the deal is done, and in exchange for Fox being allowed to develop the Legion and Hellfire TV shows, Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, The Thing, The Human Torch - and presumably all characters associated with them - will return home.

This probably isn't that surprising given the critical and commercial disaster that Josh Trank's recent reboot became - but Fox did seem adamant that they were going ahead with a sequel, so perhaps they were just trying to throw people off the scent. DOG reckon this deal has been in the works for a while now.

Oh, and remember those mystery 2020 Marvel movies that were announced along with the Ant-Man and The Wasp news? Apparently Fantastic Four will be one of 'em.

This is only being reported as a rumor for the time being, but it does make a lot of sense. We'll update if and when any more information comes our way.

SOURCES: RUMOR: Marvel Regains FANTASTIC FOUR Rights; First Movie Due Out In 2020, Fantastic Four back at Marvel, movie planned for 2020? | Den of Geek

This got a little more interesting. If this is true, I wonder how long until we get mentions in other films or even cameos despite the film being so far off.

I would love to see Reed Richards be part of the MCU and help play a part in trying to defeat Thanos, or perhaps the Goddess if they ever end up down that road. Not sure I care about any of the other 3, but Galactus would be a big plus too.

Fantastic news - hope it's true. If they went back to the original cast and just got good writers, that could fix things... but I guess those actors are too old, and if Cap ever met Torch he'd be beside himself. :wink1:

Marvel still does not have the movie rights for Namor correct?

*In 2012, Marvel CCO Joe Quesada thought Namor's film rights had reverted to Marvel, but in August 2013 it was revealed by Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige that this was not the case, and the rights remained at Universal Pictures.

*Borys Kit of The Hollywood Reporter stated in May 2014 that Marvel now has the rights for Namor.

*On June 3, 2014, Kit confirmed that Marvel, not Universal now has the Namor film rights.

*On July 18, 2014, Feige told IGN in an interview that the Namor film rights are not with Universal or Legendary Pictures, but he explained there are a number of contracts and deals that need to be sorted out.

Disney is becoming huge... when they buy up DC too, then you can have some interesting cross-overs like "Justice League Vs. Avengers: Dawn of Peace Between DC and Marvel Fans" - then we can jettison all the haters!

That has been the hope since the FF was announced and crashed and burned. Yesterday's announcement made the possibility look even better. So if this is true, it's quicker than expected, but was probably part of the negotiation. I really want to see the team show up at least in cameo in Avengers Infinity War. Finally we may actually see a proper CGI Ben Grimm The Thing.

That has been the hope since the FF was announced and crashed and burned. Yesterday's announcement made the possibility look even better. So if this is true, it's quicker than expected, but was probably part of the negotiation. I really want to see the team show up at least in cameo in Avengers Infinity War. Finally we may actually see a proper CGI Ben Grimm The Thing.

They'll probably start with cameos before that

Now we're talking...next stop, X-Men :lol

yKEUcpd.gif

Purchased for $6.50 at a 20th Century Fox garage sale ... bringing the movie's gross to $26.50.

SnakeDoc

Can't wait for more MCU schedule changes. :lol

Black Panther pushed back to 2030

It sucks what happened to the last F4 movie it had a lot of potential but I’m kind of happy. F4 is better off at Marvel and now Fox won’t force them into my precious FoX-Men films.

Last edited:
Back