Drive with Nathan Fillion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
I just saw the commercial for this on Fox. I hadn't heard anything about it before. It looks like a group of people forced to be in a Cannonball Run situation.

It stars Nathan Fillian and the executive producer is Tim Minear...two Joss Whedon alum.

The official site isn't fully up yet.

Dave, you can move this out of Whedonville if you feel it doesn't belong.

Batty said:
I just saw the commercial for this on Fox. I hadn't heard anything about it before. It looks like a group of people forced to be in a Cannonball Run situation.

It stars Nathan Fillian and the executive producer is Tim Minear...two Joss Whedon alum.

The official site isn't fully up yet.

Dave, you can move this out of Whedonville if you feel it doesn't belong.

Oh it belongs. It has more than just two Whedon alums, by the way... it also has Richard Brooks who played bounty hunter Jubal Early in last episode of Firefly... the stunning "Objects in Space" episode. And Amy Acker is going to play Nathan's lost wife... how cool is that! :D

CAN NOT WAIT!!! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Batty said:
The Captain!!:D

Hmm. the only thing that makes me worried is that FOX logo at the end.
Will we see how this one ends? Or will they cancel it before that?:monkey2
I'm not sure I got the concept though. Is this about a race for (hopefully) a whole season?
Course there is this other show where they have been stuck on an island for three seasons now. :)

Last edited:
I just saw the promo. Doesn't look bad at all, but with all these new shows coming since Lost and Desperate Housewives, all are starting to look alike, and this could be just another of those ordinary shows.

I've been a Nathan fan since he was on Two Guys and a Girl(yeah I used to watch it). I'm looking forward to this one. Action packed I hope. Still not entirely clear on the plot line though.

I thought it was pretty good too. Not great, but definitely worth sticking with. It was actually pretty interesting. It sort of felt like the Cannonball Run meets the Amazing Race. I think there's a lot they can do with this show without it being just about the race.

What I liked the most was Fillion. I think he's a good actor who's really believable. He does a great job...Just like on Firefly.

There are a few characters who I found a bit annoying, but maybe that'll change. I was hoping the blonde would have been "eliminated".

It continues tomorrow on it's regular night. There's nothing much else on Monday's, so I hope it does well. Maybe people who watch 24 will tune into this first.

Pretty decent so far, but Nathan Fillion is easily the high point of the show. I'll stick around for more but being on Fox, I don't expect it will be around for very long.

It was nice to see Amy Acker again too.

I thought is was pretty good...not great but it's captivated me enough to continue watching. It was nice to see to Whedon alumns on the show (Nathan Fillian and Amy Acker).

It also made feel like jumping in my car and driving really, really fast.

Not that I've ever done that before! :monkey3

I actually thought it was great. Mostly due to Fillion, but seeing a shuttle launch in hi-def was very cool too.

I like the dynamics of all the characters - the brothers, the dying father and daughter and Corrine and Tully especially.

I just saw the pilot. I thought it was pretty good, nothing spectacular, but it definitely has the potential to be a great show. I'm just a bit tired of these new wave shows who pay much more attention to the progression of the story, having the audience constantly surprised and cliffhangers than to the character's evolutions such as "Buffy" did. Shows like "Lost", "Prison Break", "Heroes" are great, but they lack, from my point of view a bit of heart, and "Drive" seems to fall into that category so far. Anyway, the show seems to have much more humour than the ones I mentioned and the fact that it can almost be included in the Whedonverse makes "Drive" a show I'll definitely be paying close attention.

Well, the ratings weren't that great last night (extreme makeover and amazing race beat it and it dropped slightly in it's second hour compared to the first). Hopefully it will do better in it's normal time slot. *crosses fingers* If not, I forsee it being cancelled rather quickly. :monkey2

Back