Asmus Bard the Bowman figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Nice review MCW!! I still like the figure despite the issues you present. Asmus has had nothing but problems with their bodies...but they are slowly addressing the issues and making each figure a little better as they go. I appreciate your 'Things to watch out for' and the tips...very helpful. Having read the review, I am STILL excited to get Bard...

Thanks again!

Looks like the cloting, gear and sculpt are ace, so a swap to a Hot Toys body and some additional weathering could make this 2.5 star a 3.5 star figure! :clap

Still body issues? Man, Asmus would be better off just buying a bunch of narrows off ebay at this rate.

That said, its clear that Asmus is improving and that's the fun part.

Last edited:
Yep, when I first was working with him, I thought for sure I had the best Asmus to date in my hands...hopefully, the body issues won't prevail. Like I said, I swapped on new forearms from a TT, and things went much smoother.

Just wanted to update folks - BBTS is working on doing a return for exchange, and Asmus also offered to replace the body, so good customer service all around. Asmus also sent me a photo of the new body they are using starting with Aragorn, and it has the removable wrist pegs we all know and love.

QQ??20151015124927.jpg

Thank you Michael,

We will go on and exchange all our in stock Bard to the new arms too,
if anyone requires a pair of new arms for Bard, please don't hesitate to email us with photos of your purchase,
we can also send you a free copy.

Thank you Asmus! I just received my Bard and it is a good figure! Being able to replace the hands without fear will solidify it as a great figure.

View attachment 217021

Thank you Michael,

We will go on and exchange all our in stock Bard to the new arms too,
if anyone requires a pair of new arms for Bard, please don't hesitate to email us with photos of your purchase,
we can also send you a free copy.

What kind of photos? A picture of the offending wrist pegs or just of the figure itself so you know that we purchased it?

What kind of photos? A picture of the offending wrist pegs or just of the figure itself so you know that we purchased it?

I sent them a photo of the whole figure to prove I purchased it asks them to send the replacement arms and they replied immediately saying they would pass it on to the person in charge of that job.

Back